• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

No_Style

image2w9ro9.jpg

This is fine. Very baby faced but it's fine.

I'm still on the fence with Andromeda. I feel like it's going to be a Mirror's Edge: Catalyst situation and it'll drop to $20 - $30 CAD by the end of summer when I'll have more time to play it.

Teddified

I'll probably wait for all the DLC/GOTY Edition before I get Andromeda I'm just not that interested in getting it at launch.

Hjod

Banned
I'll probably wait for all the DLC/GOTY Edition before I get Andromeda I'm just not that interested in getting it at launch.

Same here! There is just to much games to play at the moment and Biowares offerings have been kinda bland lately.

Dineren

Banned
I guess I'm a huge outlier since I'm still looking forward to the Switch, Zelda, and ME: Andromeda.

I also like UPF and Rorie.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hahaha I would but I really only want to play Zelda. Not really interested in paying 360+ for 1 game right now.

I ended calling Nintendo, they discounted the repair down to 80 including shipping. Im gonna send it in to them I guess. It hurts spending this much but I like my WiiU and want one to play.

Plus now I can finally play MH3U again.

I'm going to try and grab a Switch at launch after not being particularly excited just because there are enough games coming through the rest of the year that I'm going to want when they release and I've been picking up freelance work lately

so

fiiiiiine Nintendo

I'll get a Switch

Mr. F

Banned
Anyone know how long it takes for refurbs to start hitting the market? Id be fine going that route buying from Nintendo since the switch is crazy expensive here

I'm not sure. Haven't spent anything in moves yet because I still need to invest so the numbers get BIGGER.

edit: I want to advance the storyline but i've only been playing a couple hours per day, all doing Real Estate, since last weekend. Help.

Wait till you get to the cabaret game. It's even better. I've spent this week playing and have barely advanced the story.

ev0

The cabaret game has better writing than most games

When I finished the cabaret stuff this weekend, I was pretty surprised how deep it goes sidequest wise and how long it is. I'm curious how far in GBeast is going to get into it

Also finished Chapter 13. MAN.

LiK

When I finished the cabaret stuff this weekend, I was pretty surprised how deep it goes sidequest wise and how long it is. I'm curious how far in GBeast is going to get into it

Also finished Chapter 13. MAN.

Have you played Yakuza 5? Cuz even the taxi quest has a great story in of itself and it was long.

ev0

Have you played Yakuza 5? Cuz even the taxi quest has a great story in of itself and it was long.

This is my first Yakuza despite buying 1 and 2 and never opening them. I've always been curious, just never had the time.

Mary's playthrough on UPF sucked me in and I just had to finally jump in. All the good word of mouth around here helped too. I've been thoroughly impressed since.

I want the numbers to go bigger so I can see the rest of the game, the story or to unlock new customization options for the city.

playing the game for the numbers to get bigger just seems like something someone would with confidence issues would do
wtzgU.gif

Clearly MMO's are not for you.

LiK

This is my first Yakuza despite buying 1 and 2 and never opening them. I've always been curious, just never had the time.

Mary's playthrough on UPF sucked me in and I just had to finally jump in. All the good word of mouth around here helped too. I've been thoroughly impressed since.

excellent.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff has seen the dopamine loop of video games too many times. He needs it pure. Right into his veins.

Hindl

Goddamn you fucks I just started Chapter 6 and opened the Real Estate game last night before stopping. Now you're just killing me here at work when I just wanna go home and play it

I want the numbers to go bigger so I can see the rest of the game, the story or to unlock new customization options for the city.

playing the game for the numbers to get bigger just seems like something someone would with confidence issues would do
wtzgU.gif

Games are all Skinner Boxes, and clickers where the numbers go up is the purest form of it. Confidence has nothing to do with it

I'm just stunned at how THE SAME everything looks like in Andromeda compared to the original trilogy.

They have a
-Citadel equivalent
-Normandy equivalent
-planet scanning
-The same exact races for party members
-an ancient threat antagonist
-a Prothean equivalent
-same combat UI
-same menus
-same conversation wheel

I guess I was just expecting something more different. Hopefully the jump jets add a lot to the combat.

Xater

I'm just stunned at how THE SAME everything looks like in Andromeda compared to the original trilogy.

They have a
-Citadel equivalent
-Normandy equivalent
-planet scanning
-a Prothean equivalent
-same combat UI
-same menus
-same conversation wheel

I guess I was just expecting something more different. Hopefully the jump jets add a lot to the combat.

After all these years thus us the best you could do?

It's a similar feeling I got when I started playing the last Deus Ex.

Real Hero

They have a
-Citadel equivalent
-Normandy equivalent
-planet scanning
-a Prothean equivalent
-same combat UI
-same menus
-same conversation wheel

Yeah it's really dissapointing

kingocfs

They have a
-Citadel equivalent
-Normandy equivalent
-planet scanning
-a Prothean equivalent
-same combat UI
-same menus
-same conversation wheel

Yeah, but like Jeff said, it's all a matter of how it's written.

Combat looks much better, much more fluid.

Mupod

As long as ME:A has multiplayer as good as 3 I'll be there. But I'm skeptical on that too.

Also I got WAY into the cabaret minigame in Y0. I was the lord of the goddamn night for sure. Shame its payout is so much less than real estate (outside of the billions from clearing the questline). It does take a little bit of practice like learning the hand signs so I wonder if Dan will just immediately hate it.

I do hope they go back to slot car racing because some of the sidequests involved in that unreasonably deep nonsense are amazing. Also the over the top animations when you win or your car goes off the track holy shit.

A disparate band or group of people gather together to survive, and then strike back at an ancient evil that threatens to destroy everything they know. A revelation happens along the way, without really affecting things one way or another.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A disparate band or group of people gather together to survive, and then strike back at an ancient evil that threatens to destroy everything they know. A revelation happens along the way, without really affecting things one way or another.

also every other character is constantly in awe of the protagonist who is a sexy cool badass rebel

Yakuza 0 better not get Bloodbourne'd in GOTY talks. I know East will fight for it but we gotta get Jeff and the others on board.

It deserves all the accolades it's getting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Mass Age: Androquisition

Google

What were your expectations?

It's arguably one of the biggest (maybe the biggest non-sports?) franchises that EA has and it's not going to move away too much from what made the originals so successful.

FluxWaveZ

What were your expectations?

It's arguably one of the biggest (maybe the biggest non-sports?) franchises that EA has and it's not going to move away too much from what made the originals so successful.

To be fair, I'm sure a good part of what made the originals successful was the novelty of that world, as well as the promise of a grandiose saga that took the players' decisions into account. To me, Andromeda doesn't have that, and that's part of why I'm not planning on getting it.

Hindl

Yakuza 0 better not get Bloodbourne'd in GOTY talks. I know East will fight for it but we gotta get Jeff and the others on board.

It deserves all the accolades it's getting.

Jeff seemed pretty into the beginning, he probably fell off but could see where it goes. I have hope though because of Dan. Alex and Vinny don't really put up fights, but Dan will definitely do it, and I think he can stand up to Jeff

Have Jeff and Dan actually argued about anything big on GOTY since he's joined?

Top Bottom