• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

kiguel182

I watched the first two and it seems fine. I had severely tempered my expectations, which probably helped. If I could force myself through Luke Cage, I can make it through Iron Fist.

I never finished Luke Cage. Let's see how this holds.

Luke Cage did some amazing things, Luke Cage does nothing amazing but the pacing was bad. This one does nothing amazing but let's see how things flow.

daveo42

Banned
So the persona 5 preview thread says that 85 hours would be rushing it.

Some people have played up to 140 hours without beating it.

raw

Whelp, I'll see you all in 2018 then since it seems like I easily add another 40-60 hours to standard Persona playthroughs.

I mean it's persona.

You have to do fuck all grinding because of how easy it usually is so I'm going to guess it'll hold true for 5.

Yeah Im in a group with some Gaffers and they got mad at Persona 4 for all the grinding they had to do and I was sitting there thinking it was one of the least grindy JRPGs I played.

Curufinwe

I mean it's persona.

You have to do fuck all grinding because of how easy it usually is so I'm going to guess it'll hold true for 5.

What does usually mean? Persona 3 was not thought of as an easy game. Easier than some other SMT games, but not easy. P4 was a bit easier than 3, but you could play on Hard if Normal wasn't a challenge.

Whelp, I'll see you all in 2018 then since it seems like I easily add another 40-60 hours to standard Persona playthroughs.

I'm pretty happy about that. Not going to need another game for months

e: yeah 3 wasn't an "easy" game unless you only played P3P. maybe easy on a SMT scale?

PowerTaxi

Banned
What does usually mean? Persona 3 was not thought of as an easy game. Easier than some other SMT games, but not easy. P4 was a bit easier than 3, but you could play on Hard if Normal wasn't a challenge.

3 was hard mostly cause the teammate AI fucked you over a bunch.

Hindl

Oh christ Prey comes out in May. Nioh, Yakuza 0, and Horizon are waiting for me after Zelda, but I'm probably gonna dive into Persona before then. God where is Prey gonna fit in

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Persona 3 was hard only because the stamina system forces you out of dungeons.

It's real easy to fuse broken personas even without consulting a guide.

Persona past 2 is honestly pretty breezy as far as JRPG combat goes.

1-2 meanwhile are like the total opposite.

Curufinwe

Persona 3 was hard only because the stamina system forces you out of dungeons.

That's a minority opinion. Just look at what people had to say about the table boss.

I agree that fusing a strong persona is a better approach than grinding, but not everyone is going to figure that out in time for the boss they get stuck on.

daveo42

Banned
I'm pretty happy about that. Not going to need another game for months

e: yeah 3 wasn't an "easy" game unless you only played P3P. maybe easy on a SMT scale?

I wonder if it all has to do with the size and number of areas you can go to. Based solely on the small amount of pre-release stuff, there are even more places to go to and larger city areas to explore after school. That's both awesome and sucks because my daily routine is visiting every location every day before making a decision on how I want to spend my afternoon. Shops are at least skippable most of the time.

Lack of direct control in P3(FES) made the game harder just because you still had to deal with the AI not doing exactly what you knew would work, especially in boss battles. Early game was also a bit rough because of how low everyone's stamina is.

Antiwhippy

Hmm, maybe I lucked out in fusing because I honestly don't remember having much trouble with him. Can't remember him at all actually. It has been awhile since I played it. Still, my overall impression of P3Fes after all these years is that I don't associate it as a tough game to beat.

Of course even if the overall impression of P3 is that it wasn't super easy, the trajectory of the persona games have been trending towards getting easier and easier. Which I kinda hope Persona 5 breaks that trend. P4G was a fucking joke gameplay wise.
Also a joke in many areas compared to vanilla P4.

Catvoca

Banned
I played Persona 3 on easy. They give you 10 items that revive your whole squad and give them full health and when you die so you can just cheese all the hard bosses with it. It makes the last boss super easy if you still have a bunch left over, I employed very little strategy and just revived my squad like 5 times to kill him.

Isn't it already?

There's probably more Waypoint talk here than on their thread.

If you count "lol they said they were horny" as Waypoint talk then sure

Antiwhippy

Also just got to the first real boss of nier after it opens up and man.

This is going to be a ride isn't it.

That scene before that is also amazing.

PowerTaxi

Banned
I wonder if it all has to do with the size and number of areas you can go to. Based solely on the small amount of pre-release stuff, there are even more places to go to and larger city areas to explore after school. That's both awesome and sucks because my daily routine is visiting every location every day before making a decision on how I want to spend my afternoon. Shops are at least skippable most of the time.

From what I saw of the JP version, you can check the travel map to see if there is anything available to do in areas before you go there.

Mupod

I haven't been using vacation time because I thought I was being laid off at the end of a contract. I got made a permanent employee instead so I took a bunch of days off for P5.

P3P did make things easier by giving you direct control, which helped a lot on the toughest bosses like this guy.

I remember The Answer in FES being really hard because of the lack of a compendium.

I remember that thing being a fucker. I think I killed it by using Revolution (buffs crit for everyone including enemies) and just not letting it stand up.

Overall P3 wasn't too hard, because I'd just come off of Nocturne and had a good grasp on fusion. Once I poured all my stat buff items into Thor it became easy mode. But there was definitely that constant dread of a random lucky Mudo when you were deep in a dungeon.

kiguel182

Wut, lol. There are a few obvious ones everyone living in Europe should know, just from school or even TV.

I mean, tulips and Van Gogh are the obvious ones. And weed.

I could tell you things I saw in Amesterdan (that was what Jeff ended up doing) but apart from that coming up with 10 things on the spot isn't easy.

Edit: it banned weed too that's right. Windmills and weed are obvious too.

LiK

Guys.

Persona 5

is coming

IN EXACTLY 2 WEEKS.

You motherfucker. Dat reminder. I haven't played anything other than OW and some Zelda for the past few days. Haven't felt like opening Y0 and NieR: A yet. There's also ME:A but I might not play that yet either. Argh, so many RPGs!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
One important Netherlands fact is that they never won the world cup.

And I was surprised no one thought of Nokia during the Finland email. Especially Jeff B.

Antiwhippy

You motherfucker. Dat reminder. I haven't played anything other than OW and some Zelda for the past few days. Haven't felt like opening Y0 and NieR: A yet. There's also ME:A but I might not play that yet either. Argh, so many RPGs!

Nier is legit amazing. I'm taking a break from OW right now because there are so many amazing SP I want to play and OW will always be there afterwards anyway.

Jennipeg

I'll never forget Lordy (altought I forgot they were Finish). The Portuguese announcer was so confused, it was hilarious.

We had Terry Wogan back then, he was so disdainful about Eurovision and just got more drunk as the show went on. He was amazing. Graham Norton does a good job now.

Xater

I mean, tulips and Van Gogh are the obvious ones. And weed.

I could tell you things I saw in Amesterdan (that was what Jeff ended up doing) but apart from that coming up with 10 things on the spot isn't easy.

Edit: it banned weed too that's right. Windmills and weed are obvious too.

There is just some super obvious ones, especially if you consider food:

- wooden shoes
- bicycles
- cheese
- dutch fries
- mayonaise
- frikandel
- bitterballen
- stroopwafel
- vla
-tomatoes (if you want to be cheeky)

Edit: Also gonna throw in Epica which might be the only dutch Band I know.

Top Bottom