• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

It's weird that bayo has a bunch of stupid obvious problems but it's still my favourite game of all time

All time!

Even though the best boss fight of the game makes you play ten minutes of space harrier first

I don't get you kamiya

oti

Banned
Yeah, coming on this week and a longer E&C podcast has taken the sting out of it.

I recently listened to an episode of Frame Trap by EZA and I loved it. Pure what'cha been playing and long. Perfect podcast while playing games.

Hasney

I recently listened to an episode of Frame Trap by EZA and I loved it. Pure what'cha been playing and long. Perfect podcast while playing games.

I do love that they split the podcasts between news and talking about what's being played... means the what'cha playing podcast can be 3 hours long! Plus, I love the way Ben talks about games.

Where would one find the non-GB streams of Murder Island - the ones with Vinny and Bianca and such?

Are they streaming them? I thought they were just Shadowplaying clips.

jaina

Where would one find the non-GB streams of Murder Island - the ones with Vinny and Bianca and such?

Those weren't public. You would need to steal them from Dan's HDD (if the hasn't deleted them yet). Fortunately, for their personal safety, the only intel we got is that they are living near a park in Manhattan.

I do love that they split the podcasts between news and talking about what's being played... means the what'cha playing podcast can be 3 hours long! Plus, I love the way Ben talks about games.

Are they streaming them? I thought they were just Shadowplaying clips.

Those weren't public. You would need to steal them from Dan's HDD (if the hasn't deleted them yet). Fortunately, for their personal safety, the only intel we got is that they are living near a park in Manhattan.

it was only that recording
there is no full playthrough
Ah bummer. I thought it was streamed. Oh well, thanks for the info.

Nerokis

You got a problem with space Harrier?

Space Harrier makes me feel young. Games like Outrun I can play today and think, "Man, this looks and feels nice." Something about Space Harrier, though, is just super hard to click with. The aesthetic, the weird combination of 2D and a pseudo-third person perspective, the gameplay. It's basically to me what PS1 games must be to a typical 20 year-old.

ArjanN

I'm glad that Bring your B game is quickly changing into it's true nature

"Mediocre third person action games that have a couple of cool features and lots of silly stuff plus some jank."

Pretty much. Force Unleashed is a good pick because you can basically see all that game has to offer in one sitting.

Stuff like Binary Domain, God Hand etc are too good for this feature and really need a full playthrough, even if production value wise they're B-games.

huhuhldufc.png

This doesn't make any sense. The reveal is today.

Curufinwe

Is there anywhere that has the GB GotY Top 10 lists for 2008 through 2016 in a list format?

The GB GotY Database thread on their forums does not.

I almost bought it the other day but the 20$ price tag made me hesitate a tad. But hearing all the positive comments make me want it as my 2nd switch game

Yea it made me hesitate too, especially since it's on sale on steam. It's worth it though, really fun and challenging. It looks and feels great on th switch, definitely recommend it!

Curufinwe

Yeah that's what the boost dodge/boost cancel is for. Almost the same speed as the normal boost, but you get more invincibility frames AND your AR gauge is replenished while using it.

Unfortunately the game doesn't have proper tutorials for advanced techniques, which it has a lot of. That's a big flaw imo.

Canceling the reload time by switching weapons is great. Combined with the slow-mo you can unload into enemies for nice long stretches. I don't think Jeff realizes how good Vanquish is at the straight dumping aspect of shooters.

I did it. I bought a Switch + MK8 + Zelda. With Persona 5 (which I've nearly finished), Horizon and Yakuza 0 (playtime interrupted because of P5), this might be - for me -the greatest year of gaming. Wow. What a year.

Hasney

Yeah, I can't think of a better year for my tastes. Still yet to get to Horizon and Gravity Rush 2 as well.

I already have a top 10 I could be happy with if the year ended right now.... Well, maybe after Fire Pro World.

Hasney

Speaking of Fire Pro, I decided to search qlcrew.com for when they played it since i only saw the East Puroresu Party and ended up watching all of the Freedom Stream with the Retron 5. Jeff landing Top Gun first time and the Sanrio World Smash Ball were awesome.

Jintor

It's been incredible.

Even the side stuff. Bayo and vanquish on PC. Just that alone would have made me flip my lid with joy in years past

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I figured it was only a matter of time. Finally, MH on a goddamn TV again. Need a Switch now I guess.

I'm counting on you Jason to bring some quality Brad-teaching content.

I remember their long-running series of monster hunter videos showing brad and drew learning about the game.

A series for the ages.

LiK

2017 has been great. Awesome big RPGs, some fantastic rereleases/remasters and lots of upcoming big releases later this year. If you're unhappy with gaming right now, go do something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom