• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah it's probably because I've been playing these long ass games haha.

Still need to finish Gravity Rush 2, I should probably finish Zelda though I felt that I had my fill of it, don't really feel like finishing up Nioh, maybe berseria but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Phatmac

I've completely fallen off of Zelda. Don't know why honestly. Guess I got tired of exploring everything. I should just go and beat it quick but I've got Nier, Nioh, Yakuza, and now fighting games are coming out so fml.
EDIT: and I have to go back and beat Horizon! Way too many damn good games this year.

Hindl

I've completely fallen off of Zelda. Don't know why honestly. Guess I got tired of exploring everything. I should just go and beat it quick but I've got Nier, Nioh, Yakuza, and now fighting games are coming out so fml.
Zelda's a weird one. Toward the end I just figured "well time to beat the final boss" but I can totally get getting burned out exploring. The cool thing is that you can end the game whenever you want. And Hyrule Castle is actually one of the best parts of that game, I'd definitely check it out and see if you can push through, even if the final boss is completely underwhelming. But it is the type of game where you can just be done with it whenever and not miss much

Phatmac

Zelda's a weird one. Toward the end I just figured "well time to beat the final boss" but I can totally get getting burned out exploring. The cool thing is that you can end the game whenever you want. And Hyrule Castle is actually one of the best parts of that game, I'd definitely check it out and see if you can push through, even if the final boss is completely underwhelming. But it is the type of game where you can just be done with it whenever and not miss much
I think I spoiled myself early on by walking nearly everywhere and climbing any mountain that I saw. The first 40 hours were magical, but once I beat my first dungeon my interest in the game died down. I'm going to beat it this year, but I have to beat Nier before I spoil myself.

Hindl

That golf story game actually looks cool and weird in the right ways
I like zelda a lot but I have no real desire to finish it?

I've put in 60 hours though, which is a chunk of time.
Yeah like I said, I totally get not wanting to finish that game. It's kinda like Skyrim to me in that the main story is really ancillary and you basically just mess around in the world until you've had your fill. It just depends on when that happens for you. For me I could tell I was getting to the point where I was done with the game, so I just made a beeline for the ending to make sure I wrapped things up. If you don't do that I can see it lingering. Though again, I'd at least check out Hyrule Castle. It's one of the best designed areas of the whole game. It reminded me of if they actually designed a traditional Zelda dungeon around BotW's mechanics. I think if they do a BotW 2 and replace the divine beasts with dungeons like Hyrule Castle, it would really improve the game. Basically, dungeons like Hyrule Castle everywhere + cave systems/other enclosed environments + a bigger enemy variety would solve all of my issues with BotW
I think I spoiled myself early on by walking nearly everywhere and climbing any mountain that I saw. The first 40 hours were magical, but once I beat my first dungeon my interest in the game died down. I'm going to beat it this year, but I have to beat Nier before I spoil myself.
Yeah this was me too. Purely by coincidence, I just happened to have the 4 regions with the villages/divine beasts as some of the last regions I visited. I wasn't trying to avoid them, but I was having more fun in the world. And also it doesn't help that the main story stuff/divine beasts is the weakest part of the game. I absolutely loved my first 40 hours too, and then when I started doing the dungeon stuff I just said "Well ok, I wanna see this stuff and then go to Hyrule Castle". It's a shame because I ended up doing the Gerudo area last, which is apparently one of the best regions, and I was getting tired of the game so I skipped a lot of that stuff once I beat the divine beast.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah it's probably because I've been playing these long ass games haha.

Still need to finish Gravity Rush 2, I should probably finish Zelda though I felt that I had my fill of it, don't really feel like finishing up Nioh, maybe berseria but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Finish Gravity Rush 2. Just do it.

Those people in that thread are liars

no one finishes games

Check my trophies bro!

The only people that lie are probably the ones that complete the 52 games in a year challenge. Or they have all the free time in the world to play games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah the dungeon aspect ended up being kinda eh, but I still enjoyed it. The problem is that the divine beasts didn't match the exhilaration of the earlier exploration.

Also the combat is still really kinda broken lol. If you think nier's dodge-everything-for-ez-wins problem is bad flurry pretty much breaks the game.

Certainly looking forward to seeing how they'll improve the formula. I don't think it's the perfect game like most of gaf do but hell, I don't think nier automata is a perfect game either and it's my top 3 all time.

Strax

I'll never understand the slobbering love some people give David Lynch. I've seen most of his stuff and I'd say he has made one good film and a decent, at best, TV show. I also credit him for ruining film schools all over the globe.

Guys GTAV is still a good game

I forgot hoe immersive it was

heh

Phatmac

I'll follow your advice about beating the game Hindl. I'm going to start Route B of Nier so hopefully I'll be able to beat it this weekend. I still think Zelda is mind blowing for a number of reasons, so it would be a shame to never beat it.

Hindl

Yeah the dungeon aspect ended up being kinda eh, but I still enjoyed it. The problem is that the divine beasts didn't match the exhilaration of the earlier exploration.

Also the combat is still really kinda broken lol. If you think nier's dodge-everything-for-ez-wins problem is bad flurry pretty much breaks the game.

Certainly looking forward to seeing how they'll improve the formula. I don't think it's the perfect game like most of gaf do but hell, I don't think nier automata is a perfect game either and it's my top 3 all time.
Yeah it's kind of a shame, since I'm not sure a BotW 2 that fixes the issues of BotW will have the same impact since we've seen the formula. But yeah, the combat is definitely something they need to fix. I'm not exactly sure how, since they'd have to change up the Zelda combat quite a bit. It was fine when Zelda games were like 10-30 hours, but BotW is just too long, especially with most enemies just scaling up and becoming damage sponges at the end. Even Lynels, which were the best enemies in the game, became fairly trivial once you figured them out (although they gave me that Dark Souls feeling of initially having this impossible enemy that you can trivialize once you learn their tricks). One thing they could do though is add a different attack button so you can at least somewhat change up the combat. 60 hours in I'm not in the mood to fuck with the game's systems to kill an enemy, I just want to go up and beat the shit out of them. Find a way to make that more fun.

Even still, like you with Nier I can talk all day about BotW's flaws, but it's still pushing for my top game of all time

Hindl

That thread about making Pokemon an open world basically had everyone floating that idea and it would be perfect. The game would take like 4 years to make but that would be so good. I can imagine it perfectly

Hindl

We all talk about Dan being a social media maven and spreading his brand everywhere, but Jeff is even more active on getting in on the hottest new tech

Salarians

Guys GTAV is still a good game

I forgot hoe immersive it was
so lifelike

tumblr_ohw4ziaLP81vynze9o1_500.jpg

Hasney

"If I do the slot machine at UbiSoft I get 3 dystopian lemons. DING DING DING"

OK, this was worth delaying. Even if I likely won't finish until tomorrow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe IO could have saved Hitman if they replaced the main character with a girl with white hair and a large butt

i mean engaging storytelling and grade a combat

Curufinwe

Jeff saying he's getting bored with the easy Nier combat makes me wonder how far in he is. I found the difficulty got turned up to interesting about halfway into route B. I remember getting killed as
9S
by an exploding red enemy and feeling a bit of shock cause I hadn't died yet.

I started playing Overwatch again after a while. Got one legendary skin. Mei.

I don't play Mei.
I have like 4 legendary Mei skins.

I don't like Mei.

She's ok, but definitely not my favorite. I keep getting Genji/McCree skins and I pretty much exclusively play tank/support. And Bastion.

D.Va got robbed in Overwatch character of the year.

Meguro

Banned
I'm still not entirely convinced the GBeast crew can keep their own definition of B-Game straight.
They said last time it wasn't about quality! And Force Unleashed had hella marketing behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom