• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

imBask

Banned
Please, Bask. Not enough X. Give me passion. Give me true feelings. Show me how much you hate Apple.

BUILDING A PC IS SO FUCKING EASY WHEN YOU KNOW ALL THE PARTS AND HAVE 3 WEEKS TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH HOW DARE PEOPLE SPEND MONEY THE WAY THEY WANT TO

patapuf

PCs can't have 32GB of Ram confirmed.

It's clear she doesn't want to deal with researching how to build a PC, and even though Macs are overpriced, pre built PC's are too. Especially high-end models.

What she has seems plenty good enough for most PC-specific/exclusive games.

It's not about the hardware in your system but the software in your heart, plus for a Mac she already had, an i5 and a 780m isnt bad at all for her needs, and I would imagine the Mac already had 16GB of RAM so making it 32 wouldn't have cost much.

imBask

Banned
to get back on topic I was hoping this KH series would replace me playing through the first game but they've been talking over the whole cutscene...

oti

Banned
BUILDING A PC IS SO FUCKING EASY WHEN YOU KNOW ALL THE PARTS AND HAVE 3 WEEKS TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH HOW DARE PEOPLE SPEND MONEY THE WAY THEY WANT TO

Good! Keep at it and at some point you'll be ready for the GREAT IMPROV EXTRAVAGANZA at your nearest community college talent show.

I believe in you.

Harpuia

Abby discussing her "gaming" iMac was cringey and infuriating to me. God knows how much she spent on that 32gb of RAM and ancient mobile GPU. She completely dismissed building a PC because she needs to use Photoshop (Which doesn't exist on a Windows platform, right?). The others just went along with it too...even calling it "decent".

..I was under the impression that she had a dusty iMac lying around somewhere that was good enough to run PUBG.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't like Abby because her twitter handle reads the same backward as forward.
That's not normal.
That's some Lovecraft-ass-shit right there

Go back to the deep lovecraftian horror!

Discovering The Adventure Zone a couple weeks ago kind of stole all my media-watchin' time from GB stuff; trying to catch up on a bit today. The PUBG custom game stream is great! I love that the first round quickly turns into them just kind of doing commentary. Wish I was able to join in when they do stuff like this.

I can't wait for the first time he gets genuinely stuck. Wonderland could be it if he doesn't pay attention.
I garuntee he gets stuck on Tarzan's world because the level is fucking designed so poorly and they don't even tell you where to go or what to do half the time and fuck everything about it!

justjim89

So over the past day or so I played through Hellblade. Great fucking game, great story, and Brad really hit the nail on the head that seeing things all the way through changes things. The puzzles were kind of obtuse in the same way The Witness was, but the combat was pretty fun and had a nice progression to it. I'm glad they didn't make it some character action game with all the confusing controls those tend to have. I could see Brad really carrying the torch for it GOTY time.

Also, it's really fucking pretty.

BTA

Just finished Pyre. The end of it felt incredibly tense and painful and rewarding. Just... damn; I loved that so much. It's definitely one of my favorite games, now.

..I was under the impression that she had a dusty iMac lying around somewhere that was good enough to run PUBG.

I thought the entire point of that bit was just that she was using Bootcamp instead of Parallels.

And besides that she's doing video production and probably has used the same Mac software for years, etc.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So over the past day or so I played through Hellblade. Great fucking game, great story, and Brad really hit the nail on the head that seeing things all the way through changes things. The puzzles were kind of obtuse in the same way The Witness was, but the combat was pretty fun and had a nice progression to it. I'm glad they didn't make it some character action game with all the confusing controls those tend to have. I could see Brad really carrying the torch for it GOTY time.

Also, it's really fucking pretty.

I started it today, played maybe 30 minutes(basically until the first battle)
I liked what I've played so far

oti

Banned
I refunded PUBG. Well, I'm glad I tried it myself, but it did nothing for me. Too clunky, gamepad controls are unpolished and overall the few games I played weren't that much fun. Finished 50ish twice and 30th once.

After that experience I very much doubt it will be more polished for the Xbox release this year.

I refunded PUBG. Well, I'm glad I tried it myself, but it did nothing for me. Too clunky, gamepad controls are unpolished and overall the few games I played weren't that much fun. Finished 50ish twice and 30th once.

After that experience I very much doubt it will be more polished for the Xbox release this year.

I have 21 hours played in PUBG and only around 2 hours of them have been solo. Definitely more fun playing with friends. Conversely, I have probably 120 hours in Overwatch and probably 60 hours have been solo.

oti

Banned
I have 21 hours played in PUBG and only around 2 hours of them have been solo. Definitely more fun playing with friends. Conversely, I have probably 120 hours in Overwatch and probably 60 hours have been solo.

Yeah. I'll take a look again once it's polished and on consoles. But right now I'm good watching GB playing this game and dying.

BTA

Though I haven't listened to the Bombcast in forever, I listened to a ton of Podburglars right before the stuff about Nick came out. Ben's voice never bothered me to begin with but I'm completely used to it now besides.

I think the key to understanding that post is the specifics which is the Bayonetta part. They hurt him deeply.
I think without it, I would have felt the same, but you're right somewhat, I probably wouldn't have posted about my feelings if not for that. I'm not a Bayonetta fanboy or so, I just really enjoy the gameplay, don't find her hot at all, it's just this judgement from Abby "bad to women" and it being the number one game coming to mind all while Mr. Dan "3rd best game of 2014" Ryckert sits there and says nothing to defend himself and other gamers who love the tone of those games without being sexistic. Bayonetta's just so boss in fighting that she can play with those silly, horny loser enemies.
Honestly I think Vinny's making fun of Jeff's stochastic question was my number 1 annoyance from those podcasts.

I dunno man, I feel like the lesson here might mainly be "don't binge listen to three months of podcast x 2 in one sitting".
Yet I'm ready for more westcoast, it's something with introvert vs extrovert and energy preservation maybe.
What do you expect from the dude with the fight club handle

Lol 😉
I have that among many services since 1999, man. And anyway, Fight Club is still a great movie, my favorite movies of all time are now The Royal Tenenbaums, The Apartment and Princess Mononoke though.

Edit: And I'm definitely ok with Ben's voice and Abby's iMac preference.

kiguel182

Abby discussing her "gaming" iMac was cringey and infuriating to me. God knows how much she spent on that 32gb of RAM and ancient mobile GPU. She completely dismissed building a PC because she needs to use Photoshop (Which doesn't exist on a Windows platform, right?). The others just went along with it too...even calling it "decent".

I can't tell what is parody anymore.

Top Bottom