• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

You guys are hyping the Jeremiah bit so much that I know I'll find it disappointing when I get around to listening to it.

Hindl

I haven't listened yet, but what happened to Zelda being the only game that's ever made Dan cry from its sheer beauty?
Nothing, I don't really think Dan said anything, they were specifically talking about the ending since Vinny just beat it, and it was pretty underwhelming. Which, yeah, the ending is pretty underwhelming

Joeku

Jeff's MCC rant is still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uZNPFieAmM

Also the Halo Collection is nearly 3 years old and still not fixed. Man. Fixing that thing and making it 4k would be such a awesome gesture.

"You're Microsoft. This is Halo. Get it done."

Nothing, I don't really think Dan said anything, they were specifically talking about the ending since Vinny just beat it, and it was pretty underwhelming. Which, yeah, the ending is pretty underwhelming

The whole boss fight and ending was pretty weak, tbh. The final bosses of Zelda games are pretty legendary but lynel fights are better than that was.

He's from a generation that understood nerds should have shame

At a point that might be a bad thing. I have empty walls in my room because I don't want to put up a poster and feel like I wake up to look at my identity staring at me.

Hindl

"You're Microsoft. This is Halo. Get it done."

The whole boss fight and ending was pretty weak, tbh. The final bosses of Zelda games are pretty legendary but lynel fights are better than that was.

At a point that might be a bad thing. I have empty walls in my room because I don't want to put up a poster and feel like I wake up to look at my identity staring at me.
Yeah Hyrule Castle itself was one of the best parts of the game, but then you fight the final boss and the ending and it's just over. I expected it since doing a satisfying final boss in a game where you can either beat it immediately or after 100+ hours is hard to pull off, and the story was pretty weak up to that point anyway so the underwhelming ending wasn't that surprising. But yeah, it was a sour note to go out on

Joeku

Yeah Hyrule Castle itself was one of the best parts of the game, but then you fight the final boss and the ending and it's just over. I expected it since doing a satisfying final boss in a game where you can either beat it immediately or after 100+ hours is hard to pull off, and the story was pretty weak up to that point anyway so the underwhelming ending wasn't that surprising. But yeah, it was a sour note to go out on

Like, even Hyrule Castle bummed me out. I came in loaded up for the big ending fight and didn't want to waste resources, so I climbed up the back with minimal resistance. I killed or dodged like two stationary guardians before getting to the boss fight. It trivialized how crazy and interweaving the whole thing was.

Like, even Hyrule Castle bummed me out. I came in loaded up for the big ending fight and didn't want to waste resources, so I climbed up the back with minimal resistance. I killed or dodged like two stationary guardians before getting to the boss fight. It trivialized how crazy and interweaving the whole thing was.

You missed out on one of the best areas in the game :(

xuchu

For those who have played and finished yakuza 0, how far along are they in BitE? 2/3rds?

Really enjoying and I think they are too, Alex will probably back it in GOTY.

Reminds me of the Mars thing, damn you GB GAF!

People crying and all it got was a chuckle from me.

This is better.

That voice modulator is the real MVP of Giant Bomb.

I'm legit shocked it is that good. You can turn anyone into a radio host with this thing o_O

For those who have played and finished yakuza 0, how far along are they in BitE? 2/3rds?

They are at least 80% done. Getting super close.

They're actually close to the end. Like probably 1-3 episodes if they stick to the narrative.

Joeku

You missed out on one of the best areas in the game :(

Then the game shouldn't incentivize the hoarding of resources because everything but a few abilities are exhaustible. The path of least resistance becomes the one to take.

But yeah, I hear there's decent lore stuff scattered through there too.

Then the game shouldn't incentivize the hoarding of resources because everything but a few abilities are exhaustible. The path of least resistance becomes the one to take.

But yeah, I hear there's decent lore stuff scattered through there too.

I get where you're coming from and understand, but I guess I just don't think like that... I tend to explore everything in games I like haha. You find so much stuff in that game you are at little to no risk of ever running out (assuming you collect as you go along). Definitely is worth checking out.

I didn't really have a problem with the weapon durability though either since you get so many weapons. I get not wanting to use your good ones though on fodder on the way to the boss.

Hindl

Oh yeah I could see that. I was able to do the same thing, but I decided to look around the castle since I liked exploring it. I like that you were able to do that, being able to trivialize the game like that is pretty cool. It's kinda similar with Mary's criticism that she beat the Rito dungeon without rotating it once. She thought that sucks, but I thought that was really cool that the game lets you do stuff like that to break it. I get why you'd be bummed out by it though

Joeku

Oh yeah I could see that. I was able to do the same thing, but I decided to look around the castle since I liked exploring it. I like that you were able to do that, being able to trivialize the game like that is pretty cool. It's kinda similar with Mary's criticism that she beat the Rito dungeon without rotating it once. She thought that sucks, but I thought that was really cool that the game lets you do stuff like that to break it. I get why you'd be bummed out by it though

Don't get me wrong, the freedom is cool, but the systems around it are what lead me down less-than-exciting paths. The music and atmosphere there are crazy good, though.

Edit: Isn't the closest tower to the castle even on the north side just on the opposite side of the moat?

Hyrule Castle is what redeemed the game for me in some ways after me being largely bummed after the first several hours.

VkQvFsg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom