• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is better :D

3561622c882e11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

New membership! Little b-day gift for myself, was holding off on getting a membership because I've started watching through the archived videos on justin/twitch.tv and couldn't get myself to bite @50 but 35 was too much to resist.

Patryn

Seeing that they're demolishing stuff and probably creating their new office, I predict we won't see the return of normal subscriber content like we were seeing in Oct-Jan until July at this point.

Drew's still on vacation, Vinny's still recovering and probably not at 100 percent, office is being created, and they've probably already started E3 prep. Then there's E3 and the recovery from E3...

Yep. Second week of July. That's my new prediction.

Fox318

Seeing that they're demolishing stuff and probably creating their new office, I predict we won't see the return of normal subscriber content like we were seeing in Oct-Jan until July at this point.

Drew's still on vacation, Vinny's still recovering and probably not at 100 percent, office is being created, and they've probably already started E3 prep. Then there's E3 and the recovery from E3...

Yep. Second week of July. That's my new prediction.

Honestly unless they pick up another video editor and another reviewer I don't expect anything other than Pats article every week, Alex's reviews + news, and Flipcam videos.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I've just been adjusting the track synchronization (Tools - Track Synchronization) in VLC Media player to get it to work well enough. I think the Cards Against Humanity TNT was about .3s off.

yeah, but it progressively gets worse throughout the show.

Patryn

One thing that gives me hope is that in Vinny's video you hear him acknowledge that they've only been treading water lately, and that he's hoping that perhaps soon they'll begin returning to what they should be doing.

Because, yeah, honestly we're back to the point that subscribers are giving GB money purely on faith.

One thing that gives me hope is that in Vinny's video you hear him acknowledge that they've only been treading water lately, and that he's hoping that perhaps soon they'll begin returning to what they should be doing.

Because, yeah, honestly we're back to the point that subscribers are giving GB money purely on faith.

GB content has been shit since before Christmas, they need to stop travelling so much, Jeff went all the way to Rome and then struggled to speak for more then five minutes on each games before running out of stuff to say.
They should be like the two old muppets, let everyone else do the busy work then just talk about it and take the piss.

Fox318

But if he hasn't subbed before then yes. Some of the best content they've ever made was premium.

Then he should sub when they actually start releasing content.

How about they give users an extra 2-3 months of membership instead of a GameSpot membership?

They aren't trying to give the members a bonus, they are trying to hook members into another product.

Darklord

Banned

How about they give users an extra 2-3 months of membership instead of a GameSpot membership?

They aren't trying to give the members a bonus, they are trying to hook members into another product.

You can't complain about free shit.

This surprises you? Did you honestly think there wouldn't be even a small push for cross-pollenation between site members?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone even know what you get with a Gamespot membership?

My RSS feeds for the podcast and video show have been dead for a while, so I assumed they just stopped producing content.

I feel like I'm one of Giant Bomb's biggest fans and even I couldn't bring myself to keep watching the Happy Hours. The death of the Whiskey Happy Hour was the best thing to happen to the premium content.

Happy Hour was worth it for the great Tested segments and occasionally great Giant Bomb segments.

Unfortunately, Comic Vine was terrible, as was Screened, and the callers were always unbearable twats.

But yeah, it dying was for the best. Love all of the content that replaced it.

Happy Hour was worth it for the great Tested segments and occasionally great Giant Bomb segments.

Unfortunately, Comic Vine was terrible, as was Screened, and the callers were always unbearable twats.

No. No. No.

Leave Rorie and Puppies alone

Poor Rorie had to single-handedly make those segments, the puppie vids made up for what ever they lacked.

Happy hours are the worst.

I'd pay for just the LYLSs and RPCGs. Consistently the best content on the site. We've only had one bad RPCG and that was because they brought Ryan and Jeff on. Not that they are bad, they just don't have the patience.

The puppy thing was funny for maybe two episodes. The fact they drove that joke in to the ground made me hate Matt.

AWHHHHHHHHHHHHH PUPPPPPPPPPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Thank fuck I don't have to listen to that anymore.

Mikey Jr.

Wow, sucks to hear that the Happy Hour stuff sucked.

I always felt like I was not part of some inside joke because I didn't watch them (ie. Will Smith orgasm face. I still to this day have no idea where that came from, but its constantly used, and its hilarious.)

I'll probably still go through it, but skip the comic and anime stuff. If it blows as much as you guys say, I'll just stop though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Apart from a couple really great happy hours they aren't worth it.

Don't listen to foli, he has almost a terabyte of giantbomb content downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom