• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl looking at you in class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

hVVPW.gif

ZeroRay

Heavy don't listen to these people.

Be like John Cena! Don't embrace the hate you're getting from this thread and overcome the odds like you're meant to!

100% sure. Even today there were times where i was standing up to do something and the other 3 at our table (two of which aren't even facing her) were sitting and we made eye contact.

I shower every day, seriously that was a wrasslegaf post about one week i didn't 6 months ago that i thought would be funny to share in the thread, we talk about things other than wrestling sometimes.

But if that is the case (which is why I had lead it to the other questions), I don't understand, why not just say hi? Let us assume for a moment she is indeed interested in you (I'm not saying she is or isn't but let us assume that in this hypothetical scenario she is). If you make no contact with her she won't know you're interested in her. If you don't show any interest in talking to her, she will logically think you're not interested in her. At worst, she's not interested in you. You initiate a conversation and she declines an offer to talk further. If this is the case, nothing was lost as she wouldn't have had an interest regardless. If she is interested, then at least something is gained.

I wouldn't read too much into somebody just making eye contact, this thread can't really go anywhere (and likewise, neither can any form of relationship other than "that girl that looks at me sometimes from across the room") unless you actually talk to her and gauge her interest that way.

EDIT: Hey_it's_that_dog, that's exactly what I was trying to figure out with the first question but you've said it much clearer than I had.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Figured someone would ask this, no it's 100% definitely me. There is no one behind me and my lab partner who sits to the left of me is a girl and the two in front are also girls.

Are you absolutely certain that she isn't looking at you because you keep on looking at her to check if she's looking at you?

People often cause other people's behaviors without being aware of it, then attribute that other person's behavior to something internal to them (e.g., she likes me) when it's really an outside factor (you) causing the behavior.

OP do you not have small breaks in class? Next time she's eye groping you, walk over during break or right after class ends and make some small talk. Damn.

I can do it after class, time it so we both leave at the same time and walk down the hallway next to each other basically, maybe make a joke about something happened in class. What do you suggest: gradually up the convo over the coming weeks or go for it right away? take into consideration this is a college class setting and i'll be seeing her for the next almost 3 months. OTOH if you wait too long maybe she loses interest and starts thinking you're not interested in her.

mjc

I want to put this thread in a bookcase and just have it to look at every now and again. Fucking fantastic.

For the love of god, just say "hi" to her. Let it flow from there.

Situation in the OP reminds me of the time some GAFer went around to a different threads I wasn't involved with and kept namedropping me derisively like he had a crush on me.

Can't remember who it was, though.

Neki

Situation in the OP reminds me of the time some GAFer went around to a different threads I wasn't involved with and kept namedropping me derisively like he had a crush on me.

Can't remember who it was, though.

Oh you.

ShockingAlberto.

oh wait, you've already posted in this thread.

Rise above the hate Heavy, you're better than this, you can do this.

I thought this happened to me once. I wasn't like the OP though, it just freaked me out getting stared down.

I found out later though her dad was in the same class and sat near me. But it always made me wonder why she stared at her dad so much. He really never did anything to justify it.

bjork

This thread contains way less wrestle-gaf than I expected, but it's still early yet. It's funnier here than in the OT, even!

But if that is the case (which is why I had lead it to the other questions), I don't understand, why not just say hi? Let us assume for a moment she is indeed interested in you (I'm not saying she is or isn't but let us assume that in this hypothetical scenario she is). If you make no contact with her she won't know you're interested in her. If you don't show any interest in talking to her, she will logically think you're not interested in her. At worst, she's not interested in you. You initiate a conversation and she declines an offer to talk further. If this is the case, nothing was lost as she wouldn't have had an interest regardless. If she is interested, then at least something is gained.

I wouldn't read too much into somebody just making eye contact, this thread can't really go anywhere (and likewise, neither can any form of relationship other than "that girl that looks at me sometimes from across the room") unless you actually talk to her and gauge her interest that way.

EDIT: Hey_it's_that_dog, that's exactly what I was trying to figure out with the first question but you've said it much clearer than I had.
Yeah I just came to realize that could happen, 100% right. I'm gonna go for it, try to balance it right so have a couple conversations after class while we're walking to the parking lot then be more upfront maybe after a couple weeks. I REALLY do not want to go for it right away, i just think that's a bad idea in a situation where you'll see the girl the next 3 months

Are you absolutely certain that she isn't looking at you because you keep on looking at her to check if she's looking at you?

People often cause other people's behaviors without being aware of it, then attribute that other person's behavior to something internal to them (e.g., she likes me) when it's really an outside factor (you) causing the behavior.
I thought that could be it the first couple times but i've 'caught' her looking a bunch of times. The prof would be describing the lab and i'd be looking at him and then turn my head and see her looking at me and then i turn my head away to not look like a d-bag by staring.

mjc

Yeah I just came to realize that could happen, 100% right. I'm gonna go for it, try to balance it right so have a couple conversations after class while we're walking to the parking lot then be more upfront maybe after a couple weeks..

You can't wait a couple weeks. You can get a couple convos in but the window for opportunity is gonna shrink real fast. (That's if she's single)

And if you lock eyes again, wink at her. I'm not joking.

pargonta

start holding eye contact with her just a bit and smiling instead of darting away. not too long, but don't be afraid of it.

just go up and say hi at some point, some anecdote about class, i'm jeff, what's your name?

cool, are you taking this for your major?

oh, cool. when's your next class, wanna go grab a bite to eat?

something like that.

cameron

You know, that drawing, you could've just made one table with 4 circles and then duplicated the group 7 times. Rather than make 8 unique tables with 32 unique circles.

Anyway, good luck with the other stuff.

Grakl

I can do it after class, time it so we both leave at the same time and walk down the hallway next to each other basically, maybe make a joke about something happened in class. What do you suggest: gradually up the convo over the coming weeks or go for it right away? take into consideration this is a college class setting and i'll be seeing her for the next almost 3 months. OTOH if you wait too long maybe she loses interest and starts thinking you're not interested in her.

You should take all three months to gradually move up the convo. Start with a stare. Then, the next week, say "Hi" to her at the beginning of class, stare, and go to your seat. Each week you'll add a word and increase the time you stare. It'll be perfect, and she'll want you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom