• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glitch in Destiny reveals DLC details and content is partially on Disc

gatti-man

So you have more fun playing worse games.

I can see how halo has more robust, balanced and varied multiplayer with the same great gunplay of destiny. Im not going to argue destiny has better mp than halo because it doesnt. However i have more fun in destiny mp. Do you understand now?

So this is what all is Playstation only users have been waiting for from Bungie?

Poor show.

I highly detest developers working on DLC before a game has even released especially when there is issues with the game and when content is pretty lacking to start off with anyway....

Into

Whatever "outrage" online happens, its going to be the same wet fart we have seen for the past several years of various forms of "outrage" that amounts to nothing. Its time we stop pretending some grand controversy will blow up over these things, when history has shown it never does.

In a perfect world, people would have spat at Bethesda for selling that horse armor, eons ago, but lest, thy did not occur. There be no thy hope for us, we shall buy this neu expansion and argue some more.

That is very likely the size of a generic stub/downloader. It's also possible that Bungie will deploy the DLC like Dark Souls II, where everyone gets a huge patch that makes it "on disk" by default.

IT is highly, highly unlikely that the finished versions of both DLCs are on disk.
That's the way I see it.
No, he said he had more fun playing Destiny PVP, even though he said it wasn't as good as Halo PVP. So I asked "so you have more fun playing worse games" It's his opinion.

I'm not seeing anything contradictory or wrong with his statement. You can still enjoy something even though you like it less than something else.

So this is what all is Playstation only users have been waiting for from Bungie?

Poor show.

I highly detest developers working on DLC before a game has even released especially when there is issues with the game and when content is pretty lacking to start off with anyway....

Especially when they have been working on DLC since early last year...

YeSp

Neo Member
Super happy I didn't get the game + DLC pass edition now.

So much bullshit with this game.

Yeah me2...Liked the Beta but when I heard the rumours of the limited areas and cut content I cancelled my pre order. From what Ive seen and read about the game its a good thing that i did.

Will spend my money games that deliver on value like shadow of mordor.

As for my shooter looter fix ...Borderlands the pre sequel is a couple of weeks away and that game looks way more fun then Destiny

Poor show.

Why? Almost every developer does that. That's how you ship things in a timely manner.

mrqs

They showed footage of The Reef area back in early 2013

3U3FfHD.png

That's just disgusting.

Sirim

That's the way I see it.

I'm not seeing anything contradictory or wrong with his statement. You can still enjoy something even though you like it less than something else.
From what you quoted, it sounds like the original statement said he enjoys Destiny's PVP more than Halo, while also saying Destiny's PVP isn't as good as Halo.

So, that would be contradictory and would also make the other person's statement of "so you like worse things" or whatever applicable here.

Why? Almost every developer does that. That's how you ship things in a timely manner.
Because that time is better spent on making a fuller game on launch, then take time after that to make large DLCs with lots of content.

If your game is full enough, you shouldn't have to worry about tiding people over until the next big thing.

That's the way I see it.

I think you are severely misunderstanding the conversation and I don't know how else to explain it.

So in simple terms, he said he enjoys playing a game that he deems inferior MORE than a game he deems superior.

Does that make sense?

A cliche video game story vs. no story (pardon our dust story under construction please see bungie.net).

But the little bits of story that is in the Main Game is already pretty cliche. Remember Mass Effect 1 and the "You killed the inmediate threat, just the beginning, lets celebrate like we actually won..."

gatti-man

Especially when they have been working on DLC since early last year...

Agreed. What would have been if they had tried to release a more robust product at first. Then let the game slip out of the public eye for 6 months to a year before the first dlc.

They chose to keep momentum by having multiple releases and events dripping out content. We will see how that works for them.

I find it weird that some people were comparing this to Capcom/SFxTekken. People weren't mad because the DLC was on the disk, people were mad because it was locked away for 3+ months due to contractual reasons with Sony.

Marcel

From what you quoted, it sounds like the original statement said he enjoys Destiny's PVP more than Halo, while also saying Destiny's PVP isn't as good as Halo.

So, that would be contradictory and would also make the other person's statement of "so you like worse things" or whatever applicable here.

The fact that any of you are doing this cross-examination shows the kind of twisted logic that defenders use to justify the game to themselves. To say nothing of the sunk cost fallacy that reeks from them already.

Kariodude

Banned
I'm not gonna bother with the DLC if that's all it is. I was hoping for new planets at the very least, not just new things to do in places I've already been.

HykCraft

Neo Member
Yeah me2...Liked the Beta but when I heard the rumours of the limited areas and cut content I cancelled my pre order. From what Ive seen and read about the game its a good thing that i did.

Will spend my money games that deliver on value like shadow of mordor.

As for my shooter looter fix ...Borderlands the pre sequel is a couple of weeks away and that game looks way more fun then Destiny

YES! Can't wait for the Pre-Sequel as well!

I think you are severely misunderstanding the conversation and I don't know how else to explain it.

So in simple terms, he said he enjoys playing a game that he deems inferior MORE than a game he deems superior.

Does that make sense?
The co op with friends, the way it works in Destiny is something you can't do in Halo and it is a lot of fun. Thats one reason he could be having more fun with a inferior game.

Sirim

The fact that any of you are doing this cross-examination shows the kind of twisted logic that defenders use to justify the game to themselves. To say nothing of the sunk cost fallacy that reeks from them already.
I don't like Destiny. I don't see what you're getting at. I also don't have an opinion about who said what, I was trying to explain the original guys comment and what his intention with it was.

The fact that any of you are doing this cross-examination shows the kind of twisted logic that defenders use to justify the game to themselves.

Or it could be that I misread the original comment.

You don't enjoy the game. That's fine. Others do. That's fine too.

....Yeah im selling this for Mordor with that. Ive really tried to enjoy this game(have liked the PVP), but everything else is so mediocre in my eyes. I dont want to have to wait for Bungie to release paid content for me to have new and enjoyable things to do in the game

Grimsen

Wow, those expansions really don't offer much.

I'm bummed, because after 26 hours of pve, I'm having a relatively good time with the game. Not nearly enough to cough up the asking price for what they cut out, though.

Marcel

But the little bits of story that is in the Main Game is already pretty cliche. Remember Mass Effect 1 and the "You killed the inmediate threat, just the beginning, lets celebrate like we actually won..."

Mass Effect 1 had the better building blocks for a universe from the outset even if the actual story was not great. Say what you will about Bioware and where they took ME but including a voiced codex of lore and information in the game makes Destiny look bad.

ME1 had a great self contained story that introduced all the elements for a trilogy with the over-arching plot.

Also everyone chill over that expansion download size, that's just going to be the client to download it in the game.

noobasuar

Banned
Whatever "outrage" online happens, its going to be the same wet fart we have seen for the past several years of various forms of "outrage" that amounts to nothing. Its time we stop pretending some grand controversy will blow up over these things, when history has shown it never does.

In a perfect world, people would have spat at Bethesda for selling that horse armor, eons ago, but lest, thy did not occur. There be no thy hope for us, we shall buy this neu expansion and argue some more.

Yup. Publishers realized a few years ago that a majority of people that buy AAA games aren't very intelligent so why not try and squeeze them for all that they got. It's not like they will ever learn anyways.

Ken

Don't argue with people that have Destiny logos in their avatar lol.

Alucrid

Banned

Does that make sense?

what makes pvp good (balanced) doesnt necessarily make it fun. with destiny i get immediate access to whatever secondary weapon i want. that's obviously not good for balance, but it's good for fun

DNAbro

At this point I do regret going digital guardian edition and kind of wish i skipped out on it for Hyrule Warriors instead. Game is fun but I don't enjoy it near as much as I hoped I would.

ZangBa

I find it weird that some people were comparing this to Capcom/SFxTekken. People weren't mad because the DLC was on the disk, people were mad because it was locked away for 3+ months due to contractual reasons with Sony.

Yeah... no. I was mad it was locked on the disc to sell back to me.

XenoRaven

Because that time is better spent on making a fuller game on launch, then take time after that to make large DLCs with lots of content.

If your game is full enough, you shouldn't have to worry about tiding people over until the next big thing.
You can acknowledge something is of lesser quality even if you enjoy it more than something of greater quality.

For example, a person may enjoy a pepperoni pizza more than a $100 lobster dinner at a fancy restaurant.

Edit:
Well aren't you just a gem.

funkypie

Banned
How did you not know dlc was going to be sold with destiny? Its designed around dlc.

I made the expection and bought it with a season pass for the dlc something I never do and it find out the first Dlc is already on the head makes me question my decision and mental state.

Marcel

Or it could be that I misread the original comment.

You don't enjoy the game. That's fine. Others do. That's fine too.

I don't disagree with you on that. I'm in it until the 2nd DLC and then we'll see where it is. As it stands now, though, it doesn't look very promising to me.

:

I get the feeling a mountain out of a molehill is about to be made about this one.

Apparently Bungie can do no right in many more people's eyes.

Well here we go again. A brand new opportunity to shit on Destiny some more, hooray!

Content starved game? In my 40+ hours of playing the game I'm just about on the halfway point of the campaign alone...

Bungie has been clear from the very beginning that destiny would be a game that is built upon over time, so the "oh no! There are hooks in this game for future expansions! Bungie is teh evil!" Kinda stuff is a bit transparent.

Heck even nintendo built hooks into Mario Kart for future expansions. It's the way a ton of games work these days.

I'm saying the same thing. We all knew Destiny was going to have DLC, makes sense that there might be some unfinished areas in the game.

But the masses must have their weekly shit on on Destiny thread.

I just find it odd that people can't have any sort of negative impression. I like the game and I don't have a problem with people having issues with decisions made with the game.

Personally, as I said in the original post people got on my case over, it isn't on Bungie that people expecting whole new planets and comparable content in DLC 3 months following release. That's on those wanting such things. But whether or not the game was designed to have DLC, some of those areas being in the finished product (without the missions intact and bare) but locked out is going to rub people wrong. And given with issues in the past with Capcom and BioWare having on-disc content, you can't blame them for being irritated. Especially given that the game is debatable on what content is there for one person and another.

Sirim

You can acknowledge something is of lesser quality even if you enjoy it more than something of greater quality.

For example, a person may enjoy a pepperoni pizza more than a $100 lobster dinner at a fancy restaurant.
Again, I don't have an opinion on how valid something is.

I was merely explaining why someone said "so you like worse things" and what their intent was with that statement.

And yes, I agree with you.

Top Bottom