• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Starcraft II Team League (GSTL) May - 8 Top Korean Teams, $15,000 Prize Pool

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH MY GOD, that is all. One of the best TvZ I've seen in my entire life

Trasher

My god I hate their commentating. You don't have to yell so much to make things seem exciting...

Awesome finals though.

Aaron

If MMA had gotten ghosts, the final battles would have been a slaughter, since he could have emp'd those fungals.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Trasher said:
My god I hate their commentating. You don't have to yell so much to make things seem exciting...

Moletrap tries to channel the Korean commentators in their over the top screaming.

BigAT

Trasher said:

Awesome finals though.
Yeah, it kind of became a battle to see which one of them could outscream the other at the end there.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
z6XrQ.jpg

2adhP.jpg

Aaron said:
If MMA had gotten ghosts, the final battles would have been a slaughter, since he could have emp'd those fungals.

He had 2 ghost academies up I think, but it didn't look like he had any ghosts on the field by the time the game had ended.

The denial of that fourth over and over again was what did it for MMA.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The real star of this team is Boxer. Just gets a bunch of dudes and they dominate under his guiding hand.

BigAT

Turning point in the match for me? When DRG first maxed out, he had a clear top path to MMA's 3rd which was completely undefended and could have crippled MMA by taking that out. Instead he foolishly pushed his army down the lower path against double digit tanks that were already sieged and he got wiped out.

zlatko

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I blame the loss on the keyboard malfunction!

I blame Don pissing away a giant lead by throwing 60 some lings 40 some banes into sieged up tanks and a ton of marines.

If he had just poked in with mutas first to pick off a few tanks, and at least draw the marines out closer to the front, then chuck his army at it, he would've killed the majority of what was there, but instead like 60% died in the first volleys, and then what was left over barely was able to take out the tanks without even scathing the marines hiding all the way in the back.

Totakeke

It's kinda easy to drop your concentration when you're constantly harassed by drops all over the map, but yeah, DRG definitely lost his upper hand there.

Deadly

BigAT said:
Turning point in the match for me? When DRG first maxed out, he had a clear top path to MMA's 3rd which was completely undefended and could have crippled MMA by taking that out. Instead he foolishly pushed his army down the lower path against double digit tanks that were already sieged and he got wiped out.
Yeah definitely when tides were totally turned. At first when all the marines died I was like Oh fuck MMA is so screwed but the tanks managed to finish up and reinforcements were already coming for MMA

Trasher

I'm just glad the game didn't end right after that pause for the keyboard malfunction. That must be quite jarring to have your mind ripped out of the game like that for a couple minutes. Would be hard to get your bearings right away, but it seemed like each player went right back to business as if nothing had happened.

My hype had died somewhat because of the lack of IM and tastosis but the finals has delivered yet again. Also it's good to see the up and coming players who have not yet reached code A.

Really pumped for the super tournament now and hope it has even a fraction of the excitement of that last game. Hopefully the finals isn't a blowout! More to the point hopefully it's 2 of the big guns duking it out in the finals (MC, bomber, MMA, nestea etc.)

Q8D3vil

syllogism said:
DRG's poor army control let MMA back into the game and then MMA just outplayed him. Happy to be wrong
drg didn't have excellent micro but his micro wasn't bad either.
mma micro was godly though, focusing baneling in every fight no minimize the damage and always coming out ahead.

btw, i'm in silver league now :)

Upgrades played a huge part aswell in those fights, 3/2 (eventually 3/3) marines and 2/0 eventually 3/?) tanks vs 1/1 ground and 0/1 air

Deadman

Epic finals and epic news about the new way team league will be done.

MMA's drops are what i think won him the game. Most people give up after mutas come out but he didnt care and just kept on doing them. Prevented the 4th and 5th for so long. There were a couple of missteps by drg but i think the drops were the main thing.

Good luck to the other 4 players in pool B at mlg :D

Top Bottom