• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

A.R.K

Opus Angelorum said:
That PS3 exclusive games are judged with prejudice is entirely the fault of Sony. They marketed the PS3 as the second coming, and until recently it has struggled to show its true potential.

:lol

so they should cut points for every PS3 exclusive and punish the devs that put their hearts and souls in developing a game that is much much better looking than any thing else on any other console. Niiiicccceee!!! Didn't know so called 'journalist' hold grudges against things like this and take it out on the wrong ppl. What a load of crap excuse.

-viper-

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
That PS3 exclusive games are judged with prejudice is entirely the fault of Sony. They marketed the PS3 as the second coming, and until recently it has struggled to show its true potential.
so sony hyped their own console? HOW DARE THEY.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just watched it. Hahaha, that was amazing.

Facism

patiently awaiting nskinnear's official thread. Dude is a nice guy. I'd let him take my sister out to dinner + whatever else after.

Kittonwy said:
You judge a game with PREJUDICE and you blame it on Sony? That's fucking sad.
I don't, however there are many who do. Is it right? No, but I can understand why some reviews (especially in the first few years of the PS3) were judged with higher expectations.

belvedere

Junior Butler
reKon said:
yeah, these ads are almost as great as those old ratchet and clank ads

Good times.

The old Crash Bandicoot ads were awesome too.

I remember one about a surfboard at the airport or something.

Hilarious.

Kittonwy

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
I don't, however there are many who do. Is it right? No, but I can understand why some reviews (especially in the first few years of the PS3) were judged with higher expectations.

And they're wrong, you know it's not right but yet you say that's understandable?

If it's not right then stand against prejudice and bias. No excuses.
Indifferent2.gif

Yoboman

Opus Angelorum said:
Oh come on

UC2 ends up with a 97% or whatever on Metacritic and the most GOTY awards ever and people still claiming there's a Sony bias?

Dogenzaka

Banned
Yoboman said:
Oh come on

UC2 ends up with a 97% or whatever on Metacritic and the most GOTY awards ever and people still claiming there's a Sony bias?

Yes.

I really don't remember, but I remember being shocked at the scores Modern Warfare 2 got over Uncharted 2 on GameTrailers. Wasn't presentation or gameplay higher in MW2 than Uncharted 2? If so, that is hilarious.

Cruzader

Banned
Im sure the next game to get a 10 for Graphics from IGN starts with an H. And then another one that starts with C and ends in OD.

PS: that ad rox.

J-Rzez

Opus Angelorum said:

Considering these games are head and shoulders above anything seen on the other consoles, I think they hit the "expectations" that Sony set for the machine anyways.

I said earlier it's still the $599.99 lol effect, and even though that has changed, and the games are delivering, they didn't change their attitudes.

MW2 was handed it's scores to help the growth of the industry, as someone said before. It's believable, as that's the only reasonable explanation behind it. Nothing else makes sense.

IGN, GS, Game Trailers, EuroGamer, Edge... all jokes. Edge has nice art though, and pretty words too, but that's like spraying cologne on a pile of crap. That HHG video is hilarious though, with him telling IGN and GS reviewers to "GTFO of the industry" :lol

I'm surprised how well Sony came around with the advertisements. Early on they were crap, but they really turned it around. Kevin Butler ads ftw.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
J-Rzez said:
Considering these games are head and shoulders above anything seen on the other consoles, I think they hit the "expectations" that Sony set for the machine anyways.
This is it.

NS, where is that OT you feasant?!?!!?

Majmun

Yeah, we need an 'official' thread.
I remember the days when official thread were posted weeks before a release.

And consisted out of one post lol

Opus Angelorum said:

Oh for god's sake. Are you stuck in 2006 or something?

Corto

These Kevin Butler ads are on par if not better than the "I'm a Mac... and I'm a PC" Apple ads on delivering the message in a funny, direct way. Kudos to the company responsible for this and to Sony for choosing them.

Cruzader

Banned
If I listen to HHG thing, will it spoil anything from GOW3??? I was want to open the page, play the video and minimize it to hear his rant. I dont hate him but take his stuff with a grain of salt.

A.R.K

Cruzader said:
Im sure the next game to get a 10 for Graphics from IGN starts with an H. And then another one that starts with C and ends in OD.

Sure cuz one is not an exlusive on the SONY HYPED machine and the other is a game which is feeding the industry. Am I right??

-viper-

Banned
Cruzader said:
If I listen to HHG thing, will it spoil anything from GOW3??? I was want to open the page, play the video and minimize it to hear his rant. I dont hate him but take his stuff with a grain of salt.
Some minor spoilers.

Cruzader said:

PS: that ad rox.
Next game to get a 10 in graphics department is Alan Wake. Everyone is gonna be so astonished as the little ol slugger of an xbox 360 is creating PS3 comparable graphics, while PS3 games will be held back for nonsensical reasons like "ending is too short"

Cruzader said:
Very minor spoilers. Nothing surprising.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GoncaloCCastro said:
That video comparison from DF is amazing!
It's still mind boggling how they turned that shit up to 11 and the game performs consistently better, much better in most cases. Wow.

Nizz

RustyNails said:
Next game to get a 10 in graphics department is Alan Wake. Everyone is gonna be so astonished as the little ol slugger of an xbox 360 is creating PS3 comparable graphics, while PS3 games will be held back for nonsensical reasons like "ending is too short"
Don't laugh, but I was listening to a Mobcast episode from a couple of weeks back where Dan Shu said Alan Wake was the best looking game he's ever seen. Ever seen. I thought to myself, "has he never played Killzone 2? Uncharted 2?"

Don't get me wrong, I think Alan Wake is looking great. But I think Dan needs to turn on his PS3 a bit more often...

fps fanatic said:
Don't laugh, but I was listening to a Mobcast episode from a couple of weeks back where Dan Shu said Alan Wake was the best looking game he's ever seen. Ever seen. I thought to myself, "has he never played Killzone 2? Uncharted 2?"

Don't get me wrong, I think Alan Wake is looking great. But I think Dan needs to turn on his PS3 a bit more often...
What the hell is wrong with these people??

Top Bottom