• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Cruzader

Banned
fps fanatic said:
Don't laugh, but I was listening to a Mobcast episode from a couple of weeks back where Dan Shu said Alan Wake was the best looking game he's ever seen. Ever seen. I thought to myself, "has he never played Killzone 2? Uncharted 2?"

Don't get me wrong, I think Alan Wake is looking great. But I think Dan needs to turn on his PS3 a bit more often...

We all know he's biased from the 1UP Show + podcasts. Nothing new to hear from him really. Im sure he will later say how Reach is the best looking game out there.

Tonza

RustyNails said:
Next game to get a 10 in graphics department is Alan Wake. Everyone is gonna be so astonished as the little ol slugger of an xbox 360 is creating PS3 comparable graphics, while PS3 games will be held back for nonsensical reasons like "ending is too short"

good god

fps fanatic said:
Don't laugh, but I was listening to a Mobcast episode from a couple of weeks back where Dan Shu said Alan Wake was the best looking game he's ever seen. Ever seen. I thought to myself, "has he never played Killzone 2? Uncharted 2?"

Don't get me wrong, I think Alan Wake is looking great. But I think Dan needs to turn on his PS3 a bit more often...

Perhaps Dan was simply saying that it was the best 360 game he'd ever seen. PS3 aside, it's a fair assumption that he would have played at least one or two recent PC games and would thus have seen a more graphically impressive game than Alan Wake.

J-Rzez

BritBloke916 said:
Perhaps Dan was simply saying that it was the best 360 game he'd ever seen. PS3 aside, it's a fair assumption that he would have played at least one or two recent PC games and would thus have seen a more graphically impressive game than Alan Wake.

This is Shoe we're talking about, I wouldn't count on it. He is incredibly biased for someone "in the industry", and he makes the other reviewers look rather tame in that regard.

Quincey

Banned
seriously, ps3 threads are terribleeee. Stop complaining about how people don't recognize the ps3 for the second coming of christ that you all believe it is. why does it matter if the graphics got a 9.5 instead of a 10. Its not going to affect your enjoyment of the game. Its not going to dissuade people from buying the game. You people are never happy.

fps fanatic said:

Those games have too much in-your-face beauty.

Massa

J-Rzez said:
This is Shoe we're talking about, I wouldn't count on it. He is incredibly biased for someone "in the industry", and he makes the other reviewers look rather tame in that regard.

I remember the Coop episode where he said the Uncharted 2 multiplayer was great but he couldn't play it because it's not on Xbox Live. :lol

Dragon

Banned
Quincey said:
seriously, ps3 threads are terribleeee. Stop complaining about how people don't recognize the ps3 for the second coming of christ that you all believe it is. why does it matter if the graphics got a 9.5 instead of a 10. Its not going to affect your enjoyment of the game. Its not going to dissuade people from buying the game. You people are never happy.

Looks like you're not happy either. This is a review thread, what exactly do you expect besides people complaining about reviews?

TheBranca18 said:
Looks like you're not happy either. This is a review thread, what exactly do you expect besides people complaining about reviews?

This is like the FFXIII comparison thread, where making comparisons is silly.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Quincey said:

It doesn't. But it's a viable discussion about whether or not certain people in the gamesjournalismindustry are biased or complete morons.

A.R.K

Shurs said:
I'm listening to Hip Hop Gamer's rant. He continually misuses the word bias.

I just listened to it. Well he is right about every thing this time. I had the same issue that he raised about FFXIII getting equal scores for 360 and PS3 on many sites when clearly PS3 version is superior in every way. When a multi-plat game is often given worse score on PS3 for being a second grade port (and rightly so) but this time it doesn't matter at all. And ppl say there is no bias???? Gaming sites have reached to a new low this gen.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BritBloke916 said:
That's not true, I'm very happy :D

But then, I have a wonderful wife, a healthy new-born baby boy and the PS3 is really hitting its stride lately...

Thanks for the update, Mr. Brokaw.

fps fanatic said:

Dan subtle beauty Hsu is a Microsoft propagandist, pay no attention to what he says. By the way, it was Dan Hsu that ran the infamous EGM article that compared Halo 3s AI to KZ2s when the latter didnt even have a fucking release date.

JB1981

Wow @ the Digital Foundry demo/retail code comparison video. Game looks fucking amazing. The very solid framerate plus motion blur look soo much smoother

Kittonwy

Banned
They added self-shadowing to the cyclops in the final version!

Kitton iz teh win.
Indifferent2.gif

Nizz

BritBloke916 said:
My memory failed me, man. I just listened to that part again and he says "it's one of the best looking games he's ever seen." He also called Alan Wake "the 360's answer to Uncharted 2".

http://www.bitmob.com/articles/mobcast-episode-41 Go to about 33:00 minute mark if you want. I swore he said AW was the best looking game he's ever seen. Probably because he rarely seems to play games on PS3.

A.R.K said:
I just listened to it. Well he is right about every thing this time. I had the same issue that he raised about FFXIII getting equal scores for 360 and PS3 on many sites when clearly PS3 version is superior in every way. When a multi-plat game is often given worse score on PS3 for being a second grade port (and rightly so) but this time it doesn't matter at all. And ppl say there is no bias???? Gaming sites have reached to a new low this gen.
At some level, it's true and frustrating. But what are you gonna do? Apparently the PS3 has a higher threshold to reach in order to satisfy reviewers, but it's doing it. So be it. I'm not sure how we got here though.

fps fanatic said:
My memory failed me, man. I just listened to that part again and he says "it's one of the best looking games he's ever seen." He also called Alan Wake "the 360's answer to Uncharted 2".

http://www.bitmob.com/articles/mobcast-episode-41 Go to about 33:00 minute mark if you want. I swore he said AW was the best looking game he's ever seen. Probably because he rarely seems to play games on PS3.
Besides the lighting, whats so impressive about Alan Wake?
Ive seen it in motion, and what I saw was nice dynamic lighting. It shakes nothing up.

A.R.K

templeusox said:
At some level, it's true and frustrating. But what are you gonna do? Apparently the PS3 has a higher threshold to reach in order to satisfy reviewers, but it's doing it. So be it. I'm not sure how we got here though.

This is what I am gonna do ...

Just pre-ordered the game though I was planning to buy it much later. But I think games like this deserve my monies now!!!!

I am ready bitches!!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Huggy said:
I showed the morphological anti-aliasing papers I found via this thread at work a few days ago, and we now have a working prototype.
It takes 6 percent of the performance done on the GPU, but it looks fantastic. And because it's a post-processor, you can do it with any image you feed it.

Since the Cell is pretty much born for this type of processing, might we see an aliasing free future on the PS3? Would be nice.
Did you guys take the public code from the researcher's website, or just create your own code from the papers?

The code on his website uses a bit of a different technique than the paper describes.

Nizz

Don't know if someone's explained it already, but why don't I hear Linda Hunt's voiceover in the game? Wasn't she the voice of Gaia?

RavenFox

Banned
Cruzader said:
We all know he's biased from the 1UP Show + podcasts. Nothing new to hear from him really. Im sure he will later say how Reach is the best looking game out there.
The guy is a major troll. 'subtle beauty' never forget.
BritBloke916 said:
lol

Also where is the damn official thread. I'm foaming at the jaws here

Wow. People are complaining that not every single review has given this a perfect score for graphics?

Come on. It looks fantastic, and everyone agrees on that. But if it's true that some areas/textures aren't quite as good as others and it stands out... what's the big deal with it getting a 9.5 instead of a 10?

RavenFox

Banned
Poimandres said:
Wow. People are complaining that not every single review has given this a perfect score for graphics?

Come on. It looks fantastic, and everyone agrees on that. But if it's true that some areas/textures aren't quite as good as others and it stands out... what's the big deal with it getting a 9.5 instead of a 10?
Another one.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Poimandres said:

Because it's still the best damn graphical presentation on consoles to date.

theignoramus said:
Besides the lighting, whats so impressive about Alan Wake?
Ive seen it in motion, and what I saw was nice dynamic lighting. It shakes nothing up.

No more suspense, Alan Wake astonished us from its production to the atmosphere that's been created, but above and beyond all, its technical mastery. Remedy used to be known for its top-notch rendering engines, and they prove again they are worthy of their fame. To be clear, none of the existing Xbox 360 games even compares to it, and even on PS3, which have more real exclusive titles, it's hard to find an equivalent. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Crysis, these are the few games which can compete with it.

http://gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_alan_wake-9022_en.html

BlimBlim is a fanboy too I assume ? Many other journalists made this statement.
Stop trolling other games in this thread.

RefigeKru

Banned
Game looks completely amazing, has got excellent reviews, and people are bitching about Alan Wake getting some props for actually looking fucking beautiful too.

What's the problem, and why has it seeped into this thread?

Top Bottom