• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War details, in-depth RPG systems, No load screens, plus more

Loudninja

The game is much more open ended encouraging exploration.

Big bosses, the troll is like a standard enemy, the game will have massive epic boss fights.

Drencrom

Really glad he assures the game will still be about crazy boss fights and set pieces. That was my only real fear with the new direction of the series.

Someone gif Kratos twirl and smash at at 4:58!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_GCPaKywg

got you bro

giphy.gif

I was in one of the theater shows for this. The crowd went nuts.

man that must've been powerful

They have been working on it for 3-4 years and they will still need much long time.

I told you. This game must have much diversity and many details to take such amount of time.

Release date: when it's ready. Haha Blizzard inspiration.

Loudninja

You dont have to babysit him he wont get in your way.

They have been working on it for 3-4 years and they will still need much long time.

I told you. This game must have much diversity and many details to take such amount of time.
Lol they did not say yhey need a much longer time come on.

It seems this new GOW gathered many positive reactions from reluctants of the series. What about the die-hard fans of the series? What did they think about this complete overhaul? Many posts I read from then weren't in favor of it. Does that mean SSM is looking to make this GOW more open to new comers ?

All time fan here. I wouldn't have written off a classic GoW but I surely woulnd't be as excited as I am now. It'd be an Ascension situation: "cool, more GoW... damn Horizon looks awesome!" Instead of "shiet! One of my most anticipated titles!" Like it is now.

All time fan here. I wouldn't have written off a classic GoW but I surely woulnd't be as excited as I am now. It'd be an Ascension situation: "cool, more GoW... damn Horizon looks awesome!" Instead of "shiet! One of my most anticipated titles!" Like it is now.

Glad to read such positive expectations from fans. I feel the same too.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's interesting how the mythologies exist in parallel. I didn't think of that. To me, it seemed as if the Norse pantheon took over after Kratos demolished the Greek kingdom. But it makes sense. The pantheons are separated by geography and, I'm presuming, belief. The Norse Gods had no power over the other belief systems because the worshipers did not believe in them.

I think this could be a GREAT thing if they look into it.

It's interesting how the mythologies exist in parallel. I didn't think of that. To me, it seemed as if the Norse pantheon took over after Kratos demolished the Greek kingdom. But it makes sense. The pantheons are separated by geography and, I'm presuming, belief. The Norse Gods had no power over the other belief systems because the worshipers did not believe in them.

I think this could be a GREAT thing if they look into it.

they do? From interviews Cory has said the ending of GoW3 led to a series of events, and this takes place many years later

ive only ever played the god of war psp game and was impressed by the gameplay, its narrative wasnt too bad either.

ive just purchased the gow1/2 collection, how strong is the story in this series? on a scale of gears of war to tlou where does it fit in

thanks, great interview. and i had my fears that this was gonna be 2018 March's release just like you said and from what he said right now it could end up like that

You are welcome.

It seems the game will be filled with details and easter eggs and there is too much emphasis on exploration. The settings will be very varied. I can understand why they need much time.

Thank you. It's weird we haven't seen Jaffe's game in a while. Or have we? Was shown first Dec 2014.

You are welcome.

I don't know if he is making a game. He needs to embrace this gen.

Is he making a game?

Ploid 3.0

Jaffe's game is Drawn Together and there was a beta for it. It's pretty neat, I especially loved the opening to the menu. You're in a classroom and get to move the camera around, google maps style, real video of class in session. It's pretty crazy.

You guys need to hear Huber hype about GoW, some very nice info from Cory.
https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/v/72504026
time stamp at 3:16:38

Wow this game is sounding better and better. I wonder if more weapons will have properties like that axe.

If that kid is Thor I will totally understand it. I'm not sure if he said Thor at the start of the video. The secrecy with his name makes it seems like it's something well known.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Man, it's just so weird seeing Jaffe watch the God of War reveal, knowing he was the one who made the very first game in 2005. Eleven years later, he's sitting, having lunch and watching someone else update his character and series to THIS degree. He also has little to no reaction for the most part. So weird. But I guess that's where he's at right now.

Man, it's just so weird seeing Jaffe watch the God of War reveal, knowing he was the one who made the very first game in 2005. Eleven years later, he's sitting, having lunch and watching someone else update his character and series to THIS degree. He also has little to no reaction for the most part. So weird. But I guess that's where he's at right now.

But Jaffe said he was sick AAA development. I don't blame him at all. Think about what they go through.

If you can make a smaller game, have more control and just have a lot of fun working, I think a lot of people would choose less high profile titles.

Another thing is that people don't necessarily wanna do what do what they enjoy. You often have artists who work in genres that they don't enjoy recreationally but are just really good at. The Breaking Bad crew were talking about how in their spare time they watch a lot of comedy because its so far away from their own serious field. I think that sort of overlap is enormous.

I noticed that too. Imagine his reactions when his baby is between the hands of other parents.

SSReborn

My own expectations about the game let me down. When it was leaked with the title dead don't ride and that it would feature metal and bikes, I immediately imagined 80's heavy metal; Just an over the top zombie game, blasting holy diver and riding into zombie hordes. Well there are bikes and zombies but Ive seen that super serious tone one too many times, the game looks incredibly cliche to me, its a me too zombie game. Great for fans of the genre i guess.

wrong thread lol

OléGunner;207241297 said:
Balrog one again emphasising the SSM team is also focusing on epic scale and massive boss battles as series staples :)

I always thought that would be the case.
I mean the minotaurs and chimera were minions in GoW 3 and they were huge.

And cyclops too.

TBH, I never expected they would do such design for trolls. They just managed to pull the best design and look for trolls in any game even exceeding the cyclops.

SRTtoZ

I feel bad for Geoff because every other interview I've seen besides his has gotten tons of info out of Cory, while his was pretty tame. I think it might have been because it was right after the show and Bear was with him, but the IGN one was much better.

Endo Punk

based on what want it ticked every box besides one.

+Kratos returning.
+leave fixed camera behind.
+to hades with blade of chaos/athena/exile.
-aztec or Egyptian mytholgy, specifically didn't want norse.

Even though its norse... Alright i was wrong. The demo convinced me. Looks great, the character designs and setting. Barlog was so the perfect choice to legit shake up the franchise, can't wait to see more.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Frankly, the God of War legacy is what turns me off of this. I hate Kratos, and God of War 1 is the only game that felt like it had a real vision.

This might win me over though... assuming Kratos isn't a fucking idiot with roid rage and a distinct lack of self-awareness for the umpteenth time again...

rdytoroll

Still can't believe how good this looks. Biggest surprise of the Sony conference, I was ready for yet another rage fueled Kratos. Now the long wait

SRTtoZ

Still can't believe how good this looks. Biggest surprise of the Sony conference, I was ready for yet another rage fueled Kratos. Now the long wait

No one saw this coming. I mean, we all heard the leaks of Norse and all but we thought it was going to look like GoW3 but Norse. This was the biggest surprise of E3 easily. Just seeing how tame Kratos is, and 'bottling' up everything (according to Cory), and knowing he's going to go HULK SMASH at some point just does so much for me.

Top Bottom