• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GODZILLA PS4 Ultimate mayhem trailer!

DrArchon

This doesn't look much better than any of those Atari button mashers, but I'm enough of a Godzilla fanboy to buy it anyway.

Hope I'm proven wrong.

Arttemis

This and G1 Transformers game... and GI Joe/He Man toy soldiers game...

My childhood nostalgia is coming back in waves!

pJivLUQ.jpg

Sephzilla

I played the demo on the Japan PSN. It's a bit clunky but the best way I can describe it is that it felt like what a Godzilla game should feel like. I walked around, stomped a path through a playable area of city, Ghidorah showed up, we fought, when the fight was over 2/3rds of the playable area was leveled.

It felt great.

Sephzilla

I think a lot of people need to be reminded that even though its a PS4 game, it started out as a PS3 game that got shot up to a new platform, which is why the visuals seem really meh.

I tried the PS3 japanese Demo and I really liked the gameplay, the boss battles are pretty hard but the "destroy the city" segments get pretty repetitive.

Day one for King Ghidorah!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't think it's just the trailer.

Maybe not day one, but yeah... this is my thinking also. I've bought every Godzilla game we've had over here in past gens for this very reason and it's unlikely I'll stop now.

Full disclosure, a friend paid off a preorder of this for me as a gift.

Arrage

Banned
Did they use google translator for the trailer?

Looks like a basic licensed game with visuals that are below average even on the PS3.

Jesus, I knew some monsters were in this game but I didn't realize it was

l7E4S.gif

Edit: hah, they even had a little smash bros character reveal at the end. I don't know if 1964 Godzilla was even in the Gamecube era games.

Gameboy415

I enjoyed the the PS3 demo and the PS4 version looks fantastic to me - pleasantly surprised to see Godzilla 1964 is being added too! :D
Hopefully Zilla will be added as DLC, haha.

Prophane33

I have the PS3 one: Objectively, it's not a great game (6-7/10 fare). As a Godzilla fan, it's fantastic (8-9/10). The PS4 release (called Godzilla VS in Japan) should have some improvements to the gameplay (I've already heard of controls being tweaked, and characters/online being added). The thing to remember is that it's NOT a fighting game, but more of a Godzilla simulator -- at least for the original PS3 release.

Sephzilla

Godzilla Final Wars is basically #GetRekt the movie. It's absolutely batshit insane and I would recommend it for any Godzilla fan. The best way to describe it is just saying what it obviously pays homage to.

It's Godzilla meets Power Rangers meets DragonBall Z meets The Matrix

Sephzilla

There's no Megalon, Batra or King Ceasar ;)

The lack of Megalon is kind of surprising since he kept showing up in the games. What's also surprising is that Megalon is, I'm pretty sure, one of the only Showa-era monster who hasn't returned at all in the later movies.

People saying this looks terrible are crazy.

This is cheese-awesome! Just like old school Creature Double Feature growing up or MMPR later.

Top Bottom