• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GODZILLA PS4 Ultimate mayhem trailer!

The ps3 japanese version i got was awesome and i couldnt even read the menus or anything. Looking forward to playing it over again being able to undestand it on ps4 :)

They tried to put her in STE but they couldn't get her to work properly on the PS2 version.

One of the original project leads at Pipeworks who worked on all three games, Mr Strange, regularly posts on the Toho Kingdom forums.

They need to get their hands back on this license whenever CKC finishes up. I need more godzilla fighting goodness

zeopower6

I love the G-man but I don't wanna pay full price for this. They'll probably make Hollywood Godzilla available for purchase later right?

From the looks of it, it seems like preordering will let you unlock him immediately to use along with the cinema filters, since normally you have to encounter and defeat other monsters to use, right? That's the impression I got from the unlock system anyway and the wording that they use for the 'bonus'. (instant access!) So you won't have to get him with post-game DLC or anything, you just need to play the game, I think.

I want this~

RobbieNick

Played it at Comic Con today. Took two playthroughs to beat it and once you get used to the tank-like controls, it's a great Godzilla game. You get a lot of the thing that make a great Godilla movie into one game. Playing as Godzilla rampaging and destroying a city, the military attacking and having the monsters fight each other all in one game. I love that it's not just a fighting game and destroying the city comes into play as well. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Played it at Comic Con today. Took two playthroughs to beat it and once you get used to the tank-like controls, it's a great Godzilla game. You get a lot of the thing that make a great Godilla movie into one game. Playing as Godzilla rampaging and destroying a city, the military attacking and having the monsters fight each other all in one game. I love that it's not just a fighting game and destroying the city comes into play as well. Can't wait for Tuesday.

good stuff

Tried it out at SDCC as well yesterday. It feels incrediblely awkward at first, but after about two minutes, everything just clicks and feels natural. The Monsters feel like Monsters. And goddamn fighting Mecha King Ghidora and Space Godzilla at the same time is awesome. I threw MKG into SG as he was charging at me. MKG absorbed the blow. No multiplayer, but the gameplay itself is fun enough. Only concern is how long does single player stay fun. It did give the feeling that it might get rather repetitive solo. But for what it's worth, it definitely pushed me to finally get the game day one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wish the PS3 version at least got a digital release :(

Also the ending.

On one one hand
LegendaryGoji is the final boss and was piss easy
, but on the other hand
it took Godzilla to go Burning Mode to defeat LegendaryGoji
. Also
LegendaryGoji
has plenty of handicaps when playing as him.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Tried it out at SDCC as well yesterday. It feels incrediblely awkward at first, but after about two minutes, everything just clicks and feels natural. The Monsters feel like Monsters. And goddamn fighting Mecha King Ghidora and Space Godzilla at the same time is awesome. I threw MKG into SG as he was charging at me. MKG absorbed the blow. No multiplayer, but the gameplay itself is fun enough. Only concern is how long does single player stay fun. It did give the feeling that it might get rather repetitive solo. But for what it's worth, it definitely pushed me to finally get the game day one.

The PS4 has online multiplayer doesn't it ? I believe the PS3 version doesn't have online but the PS4 one does.

zeopower6

The PS4 has online multiplayer doesn't it ? I believe the PS3 version doesn't have online but the PS4 one does.

They may mean local multiplayer which is not present in either version.

Really? Sweet!

The game is kinda clunky but I wouldn't mind playing for English version again.

There are no preorders on PSN but the news outlets have all mentioned a "PLAYSTATION NETWORK" digital release. I guess they want it to be stealth added to the store this week and only promote the "full" PS4 release.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
From the looks of it, it seems like preordering will let you unlock him immediately to use along with the cinema filters, since normally you have to encounter and defeat other monsters to use, right? That's the impression I got from the unlock system anyway and the wording that they use for the 'bonus'. (instant access!) So you won't have to get him with post-game DLC or anything, you just need to play the game, I think.

I want this~

Yeah,
LegendaryGoji is the final boss

D-Man

Oh shit this comes out on Tuesday? It totally slipped my mind.

I WOULD get this on PS3, but I'll wait until I have a PS4 to experience the big G in all his glory.

Still waiting on that pre-load! I guess it will either kick in today or tomorrow?

Hoping the online is stable, has potential to be pretty fun. Also want people to make some cool stuff with the diorama mode.

I'm not exactly expecting the game to be great, but I am expecting to love it.

Yeah, I'm planning on picking it up day 1 aswell, but I definitely feel that I'm overpaying.
Fuck it, just preordered digital. I'll get my money's worth

I'm just happy they nailed the models in this game, especially Mechagodzilla model. He looked goofy as fuck in Unleashed

9fuiHr6.jpg

So according to these posts, there are three modes.

Story, where you play as SOME of the monsters.
Survival Mode type game where you can play as all of the monsters, but fight them on a pre-determined pathway of increasing difficulty.
And Diorama, where you can pose them.

There's no straight up VS CPU?

Yes, King Ceaser has only had two appearances Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (74) and Final Wars.

The original Mechagodzilla movie seems to be more well known then his other incarnations in the US.

Oh man I totally forgot he was in Final Wars, such a cameo overload in the best way.

I want to jump in Day 1 but I just have too much going on. Hope to hear good things!
That'll probably make me cave and buy it anyway

This doesn't seem like the kind of game for it. This isn't a brawler like DAMM/STE/Unleashed. I really wish we'd get a new brawler, unless this new game is some radical revelation a brawler is the best format for Godzilla.

Daingurse

Fuck it, just preordered digital. I'll get my money's worth

I'm just happy they nailed the models in this game, especially Mechagodzilla model. He looked goofy as fuck in Unleashed

9fuiHr6.jpg

Predordered my physical copy yesterday, been watching more gameplay videos and it feels like it'll be money well spent. Can't wait to tear shit up with Biollante. You're right about that Mechagodzilla, looks great in this game. Hell, everyone looks good.

thats a great thing. adds a lot of replayability.

would anyone answer this question: how hard would it be to patch in a local co op mode?

No clue, would love that feature though.

Top Bottom