• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun |OT| The Sun Rises Again! (Wii U VC)

ss-hikaru

I love this game! I'll definitely buy it, but not sure if I want to replay it on the Wii U or use the GBA cartridge on a GB SP.

In for Flash.

That's the djinn that shields you so you take minimal damage right? Flash, Shade and Granite, I depended on them so much XD

I'll pick this up and Mario and Luigi. Only owned four GBA games and two were retro collections and another SFA III (which was pretty good). I'll also pick up the DS games for both series now too. Dark Dawn seems super cheap. Have an Ambassador 3DS so I got almost all the others.

GamerJM

Banned
I'm going to jump in on this. I remember being pretty interested in the game from box art alone during the early GBA days but I never got the chance to play it (or Advance Wars). Now I'll get to see what all the hype was about.

I had a similar experience but I'm going to hold off on this one for a while. I'm definitely going to get Advance Wars sometime soon though, I've really wanted to play that one and its sequel for a while since I got on board with that series when Dual Strike came out.

Definitely going to double dip, since it's one of my favorite original GBA games.

Also, forgot to mention:

#teamtextscrollnoise

Miker

Bizarre seeing an OT for Golden Sun in 2014. About as bizarre as the GBA virtual console appearing on Wii U, I suppose.

I loved Golden Sun as a kid and played through it a few times, but I don't know how much I would love it if I played it for the first time now, mainly because the dialogue goes on for ages. There's so much exposition and talking that I don't think I'd have the patience for it now, and I'm curious as to see if there are any other gaffers who replay this who will feel the same way.

The dungeons in Golden Sun are still amazing though; some of my favorite JRPG dungeons of all time. So many clever little themed micro-puzzles, so good.

Here is the full piece that is used for the game's box art.

gscoverarthqkdy.jpg

(I only used part of it in the OP so the thread wouldn't have to scroll too far.)

OP needs a gif of the judgment summon to be complete.

804tmKG.gif

1381344121606.gif

1st JRPG after Pokemon and 1st Kingdom Hearts (as a child)
Can't wait to type in that massive password for The Lost Age.

I remember typing an entire thing in, after writing all of it down. Turns out I screwed up somewhere, and to this day, I havent played TLA

Blues1990

I still remember the commercial for the original Golden Sun, with the conducting orchestra combating against the re-animated gargoyles & the chandelier-like dragon emerging from the ceiling of the opera house.

Though after finishing the game, I was thoroughly disappointed that the dragon had never appeared in the game at all. Which is why I was happy that creature (in the form of a summon called Crystallux) was featured as a bonus mission in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, complete with references to the commercial in question.

As much as I would like to play this game on my WiiU, I will not buy downloadable titles from the eshop until Nintendo changes their horrid account system.

Kid Ying

I love this game so much I still haven't played the DS sequel despite owning it.

Does that make any sense?
I bought the third one, never played it, sold the DS and the game and i loved the original ones with all my passion.

I simply dont know why that happened till now. I guess all the people saying it was a subpar sequel got me scared.

chronosic

I have my Gamecube and GB player hooked up to my TV so I can't really justify buying this again. I might start up a file soon though. I love this series, and it pains me to see it lumped in with Nintendo's other under used series. I'd love a fully fleshed out Wii u game in the series.

Ooh damn so hyped for this. Still have the first and Lost Age and play the shit out of them.

They're still so much fun and I love that Lost Age has alot of difficult secret bosses (I guess unless you're overleved like crazy. Maybe with a lvl 99 Isaac team you transfered over or something)

The first one was a gem though and I'm glad to see that it's coming on VC

On a side note: I haven't played Dark Dawn, but what's GAF think of it? I've heard a lot of people say it just didn't live up to expectations set from the first two.

Seda

I might have jumped on this if I didn't only a few months ago buy carts to play the games for the first time.

For the most part I enjoyed the games: both the dungeons were great, and the battle system has a couple of aspects to it to add a little flavor. I definitely see why it gets its fair share of love.

Aurongel

Absolutely adore this series, best GBA exclusive hands down for me. My only issue with the series is the consistently moronic decision to have points of no return that lock off access to beautiful areas of the world and can lead to unobtainable Djinn.

It's such a shame their sales weren't stellar, the third game in particular was a bit of a bomb financially. At this point though I think the series is nearly dead :'(

Mexen

I have all 3 GS games and I'll be revisiting them when this releases. Definitely one of the best games ever made imo and highly rewarding once you go completionist on it. Still have my password, missing about 7 Djinn though (across GS 1 and 2)

3 is the only one I never finished. I know what my April playlist consists of.

I once skipped lunch for a week to use my money to buy this game. At football practice I passed out after a combination of heat and lack of food to burn.

It was worth it

Yes! Can't wait for Advance Wars and this, such good memories! And wow at that original TV commercial, I wish Nintendo still made commercials like that.

Acrylic7

Kinda bummed its not for 3DS store or whatever the fuck its called.

I have the game for GBA though, I just want to play it on a light up screen.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I will never forget when I first played this and kept ragequitting at the starting fight. I redid the intro a stupid amount of times before I let the scene play out.

I can't believe it's been 12 years since I played this! Never played the 2nd one though cause I got stuck at some part on the first one. I think it was a fight on a boat or something?

Never played, but watched someone play behind the shoulder when little. Never had the $$ for it though.

Finally, finally I get to experience it for myself.

Elemental Stars is the best song in the entire game for me. God, so good. <3

Apparently that has song Pokemon Gen 3 Soundfront music in it

but it is freaking amazing
Who composed the Golden Sun games, and what has he/she done since, and what did he work on previously?

Top Bottom