• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun |OT| The Sun Rises Again! (Wii U VC)

krossj

I had a lot of fun with this and it's sequel. Enjoy people!

Repeating what others have said but I hope Camelot are given a chance to make another rpg again in the future. Dark Dawn wasn't great and I don't know who is still at the company who was involved with the rpgs they have produced but it would be a shame if they are only to make Nintendo sports spin offs in the future.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Such an awesome game! Have many of you played Shining the Holy Ark on Saturn? For me that was the original Golden Sun.

One of my favorite JRPGSs of all time. I don't have a WiiU but I might dig the old GBA out of the closet and revisit this game (as well as the first sequel).

RiggyRob

804tmKG.gif
Uf0Aqk5.gif
NFcQCXt.gif
z6auO50.gif

These battle gifs are awesome!

Josh7289

I never got around to playing Golden Sun 2, but I loved the first one. I wonder if I should just read a plot summary of GS1 and finally play GS2.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
This was the game of my childhood. I liked Golden Sun better than The Lost Age because Isaac was a better protagonist to me. I couldn't imagine replaying it now though. All that text and false choices. I was really disappointed when I finally got to play Dark Dawn, too.

such overkill, it's just an undead lol

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I gotta say I always liked the first Golden Sun the best mainly because when you used a 4 level summon the Psynergy particles were bigger. Lost age always used small particles regardless of the summon. And I guess I just liked Isaac better.

Pociask

I played this only a couple-few years ago, and it's a great game. I never thought it was too wordy - if anything, the only bad parts for me were a class system that was hard to figure out, and if you go out of your way to collect djinn, the game is essentially set to easy mode. But it's got nice systems that are fun to experiment with, the story moves along, and since I first played it long after it had come out, the cliffhanger ending wasn't a big deal. I'd hope that Nintendo is prioritizing Lost Age for people playing the game for the first time on VC, so you're not left hanging forever.

Koppai

I never finished these games and I even own the dual guide. lol I even bought Dark Dawn and it's meh.

I won't be buying the VC release since I can just hook up my GC with GameBoy Player to the TV and play or I can just get out my DS Lite.

DialtoneLazor

Neo Member
And here I thought I was the only one who actually liked this game. If I owned a Wii U, I'd be all over this. Guess I'll just have to play it on my Game Boy...

*sadly pulls out an old SP*

This party feels souless without the amzing european commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOvwdVp8Fvo

This commercial right here is what sold the game to the majority of people. I remember all people talking about it on high school. Then me and a friend got the game and showed it during recess. People where surprised for not having anything to do with the commercial but were wowed with the graphics and went to by GBAs for the game.
Good times.

I vastly prefer GS2 to GS1. GS1 is basically an appetizer.

Yeah GS2 just steps it up in every level imaginable, it's the perfect sequel.

I liked Golden Sun better than The Lost Age because Isaac was a better protagonist to me.

And I guess I just liked Isaac better.

It's not like you don't get him half way through though, exactly where you left off from the first game with all the same equipment and everything. You could roll with your exact same party.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Doubt I'll rebuy these, but Lost Age is great and I'll probably replay them. Assuming that is coming soon since its literally the second half of the game.

Conezays

Remember buying it on GBA but don't remember much about it...don't think I beat it.

It seems the consensus is that it's worth revisiting?

clem84

Gold Member
The battle system is golden. No pun intended. It just flows really well. It's fast and responsive. I remember that it never got boring. This makes me want to pick up my GBA copy and play it.

trixx

One of the best portable RPGs ever. Still have my OG cart around, but would buy on Wii U.

Yep, this game is one of my favourite rpg's. I would get it for the wii u but i already have it for gba. Gameplay, music, story.. everything is on point.
Hope you guys enjoy it.

khaaan

First foray into the series was Dark Dawn, was pretty disappointed but I liked it conceptually. I'm excited to finally play the original. It would be nice if NOA did a promotion for the launch of the GBA games like buy 1 get a discount on the others but I'm not holding my breath.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is there any chance this will be coming to 3DS virtual console? I'd like to play this game again, but I don't have a GBA or a Wii U.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like you don't get him half way through though, exactly where you left off from the first game with all the same equipment and everything. You could roll with your exact same party.
I know, but
he started talking
, which sucked. And
they were only there for the last lighthouse anyway

Firemind

I vastly prefer GS2 to GS1. GS1 is basically an appetizer.

GS1 is more bite-sized and thus the better portable game. Judgment, Titan Blade and the Venus Lighthouse theme are also pretty boss.

But GS2 has Catastrophe, Megiddo, the Mars Lighthouse theme and mother effing Dullahan.

I can't choose!

Draconian

Is there any chance this will be coming to 3DS virtual console? I'd like to play this game again, but I don't have a GBA or a Wii U.

It's pretty doubtful. Nintendo has stated getting GBA games to run on the 3DS (in the quality they'd like to release them) is virtually impossible.

Kura

Banned
Nintendo, if you are reading this:

-Make Golden Sun 1&2 HD remake for WiiU, and I'll buy 20 consoles and 20 games.

Fandangox

I saw Dark Dawn on gamestop the other day, for cheap, never played it since I didn't have a DS, although I have a 3DS now. I didn't buy it cause I was saving up for another game.

I keep hearing this is the worst game out of the three. I liked Golden Sun I+II for the Dungeons/Puzzles, the plot was alright, but the characters weren't very interesting.

What's GAF's opinion on Dark Dawn?

Shaanyboi

Banned
I saw Dark Dawn on gamestop the other day, for cheap, never played it since I didn't have a DS, although I have a 3DS now. I didn't buy it cause I was saving up for another game.

I keep hearing this is the worst game out of the three. I liked Golden Sun I+II for the Dungeons/Puzzles, the plot was alright, but the characters weren't very interesting.

What's GAF's opinion on Dark Dawn?
It's got the dungeon and puzzle stuff down. But while the story was never great before, it's even more overly verbose now. If it's cheap, try it. But it definitely doesn't hit in the same way

Top Bottom