• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gordon Ramsay - Pineapple doesn't belong on Pizza!

Does pineapple belong on Pizza?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Pineapple pizza lovers are the same kind of heathens that think this monstrosity below is also a pizza, and when future robots look at human history from the 21st century they will recognize that it was pineapple pizza that was the final sign of a decadent, hedonistic society that destroyed itself.

pit1Vhu.jpg

That may not be a pizza but goddamn if that doesn't look delicious as all fucking hell.

Bread

Banned
Olives are the more problematic pizza fruit tbh. It's not that they're bad, but people frequently underestimate their flavor and either use way too much or put them on 'za with more subtle ingredients that they drown out.
olives are amazing on a supreme or meat lovers type pizza.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Sorry but Pineapple and Pepperoni are delicious on pizza. Pineapple in general is just fucking delicious. It's good with like everything.

Why is this an issue? Is it a millennial thing? It's such a Seinfeld thing to be up in arms about. Why are people being unreasonably hard on people who like a trivial topping on a pizza. Anchovies are pretty fricking gross, but if you like it fine I'm not going to think less of you for it.

It's like watching grown adults cringe over eating vegetables.

Opinion does not equal fact.

Well I'll be damned that an acclaimed and successful chef has a better understanding of flavor profile and taste than you, and me, and everyone else putting fucking pineapple on pizza.

Pineapple is bad enough on its own, then you want to sully a perfectly good pizza with it?
Taste is subjective though and it doesn't matter how much you understand about cooking, if it tastes good to you it tastes good. If you love ketchup on steak good for you.

RootCause

Yes. So true.
You know it! :)

What the fuck.

What is this blasphemy im reading

What on earth are you saying right now
Swiss cheese, Virginia ham, caramelized onions, and a slice of pineapple on a freshly made, and perfectly seasoned beef patty. :D

Best burger I ever had. I just can't go back. :p

I'll post a picture soon, hopefully the thread is still open.
They only open 4 days a week. So I'll see if I can swing by tomorrow.

Javaman

No love for the ham and pineapple pizza? Always get at least one when we order a bunch at the office or with friends. Classic mainstay topping dammit!

That's the kind of pizza someone always orders because they know noone else will eat any and they'll have the whole dammned thing themselves. I love pineapple but it doesn't belong anywhere near ham or pizza. Fruit+ savory=BARF.

Gordon Ramsay is full of shit.

X-post from the last pineapple-pizza thread - the thread where my eyes (and taste buds) were opened to the sweet and savory truth:

Thanks to this thread I decided to give pineapple on pizza another shot.

I've had it before, rarely. Every pizza place has their "Hawaiian" with pineapple and Canadian bacon, but its always been too bland. Too simple. Decided if I was going to do this I'd mixed it up a bit.

So I rolled with spicy Italian sausage, jalapenos, pineapple and Canadian bacon.

That shit was exquisite. Might be my new favorite.

Thanks GAF. And you're welcome.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Even a broken clock can always be wrong when its feigning legitimacy. He sure is entertaining though.

Keasar

Pineapple pizza lovers are the same kind of heathens that think this monstrosity below is also a pizza, and when future robots look at human history from the 21st century they will recognize that it was pineapple pizza that was the final sign of a decadent, hedonistic society that destroyed itself.

pit1Vhu.jpg

I like a chicken kebab pizza with hot sauce and some pineapples on it, not too many, just some to combine the sweetness with the spicyness.

That there however is not a pizza. It's a thin chocolate cake.

At least despite my pineapple liking ways, I do not go so low as to call this thing a "pizza".
chicago_pie.jpg

It's a fucking cheese pie.

I confess that my revulsion to pineapple on pizza comes from the fact that I can't handle pineapple, a tart, acidic fruit with tomato sauce, which is often also tart and acidic. That's just too much for one bite on my palate. If pineapple without tomato sauce + other stuff is good, I could be persuaded to try again.

But pineapple + tomato sauce is a nonstarter for me. Instant, hard pass.

CRS

Pineapple as a solo topping is sad. The pizza needs an additional topping and that topping is none other than pepperoni , fuck that ham nonsense.

Sweetness from the pineapple with the spicy and salty pepperoni. 👍

we just need to pass a bill making pineapple on pizza illegal now. such sacrilege, have you people lost all decency and self respect?

its for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom