• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vectorman

Banned
Looks like the tracklist for the Super Deluxe has been unveiled. Includes alternate versions as well some actual new tracks!
co69xfm502wy.png

Looks like the tracklist for the Super Deluxe has been unveiled. Includes alternate versions as well some actual new tracks!

What the hell is this track list? It doesn't make any sense.

Edit: Oh never mind, it's just "new" tracks. Still doesn't make sense for this to be the Super Deluxe stuff though

I Switched My Robot Off/Ascension
Strobelite
Saturnz Barz
Momentz
The Non-conformist Oath/Submission
Charger // Charger Alt Version
Elevator Going Up/Andromeda // Andromeda DRAM version
Busted and Blue // Busted and Blue alt version
Talk Radio/Carnival // Carnival 2D Special
Let Me Out
Penthouse/Sex Murder Party
She's My Collar // She's My Collar (Kali Uchis Spanish Special)
The Elephant/Hallelujah Money
We Got the Power

Which leaves the rest of the songs. I wonder if they'll be completely brand new or more like People/Dare from Demon Days.

I'm really hoping they release these as an H-sides, alongside anything from Plastic Beach they didn't feel made the cut. I don't care about cohesion of an album's sound. I just want more songs to add to my favorites as plenty of the B-sides songs end up making the cut.

Maybe I'll come off as an elitist asshole but I feel like people claiming this album is not very Gorillaz do not really understand Gorillaz or the vision of the project. You are projecting your idea of what you want to hear and saying that's what it should be.

To me, this album is fueled by the spirit of the project. Each album hones in on its own sound and explores various musical cultures and eras while also experimenting with genres and soundscapes. It's an evolving fictional band and an amalgamation of talents that reflects the time and place of each album.

Now, I'm not saying you are wrong if you don't like it, everyone has their own tastes. I'm just saying that this album is Gorillaz as fuck.

Whatever that even means.
As much as I feel this might be my least favorite Gorillaz album, I fully agree with this. As you said, everyone has their own tastes so while this one may not be for me as whole, it's definitely Gorillaz.

That said, the killer tracks on here are killer. Damn good stuff even if the whole package isn't doing it for me like Plastic Beach did.

The deluxe art book is soooooooooo​good.
I need to get it.

A-V-B

Been listening the shit out of Submission lately. This is really good Gorillaz. Even though Damon's voice isn't in it (outside of a vague ghosty voice for one line) his touch is all over the song and the collaboration has a great chemistry.

Jaroof

Just noticed that Danny Brown is also going to be at ACL this year. He's probably gonna make an appearance at the Gorillaz performance! I can't wait.
Edit: D.R.A.M, too!

Been listening the shit out of Submission lately. This is really good Gorillaz. Even though Damon's voice isn't in it (outside of a vague ghosty voice for one line) his touch is all over the song and the collaboration has a great chemistry.

Same here. I already liked it the first time I heard it. Like most other songs on this album, it grew on me. Now, I love it!

Just noticed that Danny Brown is also going to be at ACL this year. He's probably gonna make an appearance at the Gorillaz performance! I can't wait.

Same here. I already liked it the first time I heard it. Like most other songs on this album, it grew on me. Now, I love it!

I'm hyped as hell. Hope I can get my tickets.

Lucent

I kind of had a random idea. I don't really have anything hung on my walls, so I was thinking...I want to hang the album covers of the four main albums on the wall in my living room. I COULD order the vinyl versions and hang them...except that there doesn't seem to be an affordable version of demon days. And I'd rather go for a cheaper option. Any ideas?

I kind of had a random idea. I don't really have anything hung on my walls, so I was thinking...I want to hang the album covers of the four main albums on the wall in my living room. I COULD order the vinyl versions and hang them...except that there doesn't seem to be an affordable version of demon days. And I'd rather go for a cheaper option. Any ideas?
Get posters of the album art.

Lucent

Get posters of the album art.

Was trying to get something that looked better than a poster. Seen some stuff on ebay that's like 11x11 or 12x12 but as much as they cost I might as well get a vinyl. Lol. If I could print on canvas or something without copyright problems I'd do that. I'll figure something out.

Its not bad then. I only know about metal band sales as a reference point. But that's about a third of what Metallica did on their latest album. But Google tells me that Humanz did more than Plastic Beach which was their previous career high. Plastic Beach did 112,00 first week for reference.

Was trying to get something that looked better than a poster. Seen some stuff on ebay that's like 11x11 or 12x12 but as much as they cost I might as well get a vinyl. Lol. If I could print on canvas or something without copyright problems I'd do that. I'll figure something out.
You could always go to a print shop and ask them for the pictures on nice paper. Images shouldn't be hard to find on Google. But really, good luck getting Demon Days on vinyl and for this endeavor i wouldn't consider it worth it tbh since youre not going to use it for its intended purpose.

Lucent

Its not bad then. I only know about metal band sales as a reference point. But that's about a third of what Metallica did on their latest album. But Google tells me that Humanz did more than Plastic Beach which was their previous career high. Plastic Beach did 112,00 first week for reference.

You could always go to a print shop and ask them for the pictures on nice paper. Images shouldn't be hard to find on Google. But really, good luck getting Demon Days on vinyl and for this endeavor i wouldn't consider it worth it tbh since youre not going to use it for its intended purpose.

Yeah somehow I forgot about the Demon Days album prices even though I mentioned it before. Lol. Yeah I'll try the print shop. I just need to find picture files big enough that they won't look like crap when printed out.

First week sales, not over all. I can't find sales for its first week but Demon Days charted at #6 during its debut in the US whereas Plastic Beach hit #2. But if course the band has been growing ever more popular.

But yes it did hit Platinum.

Oh yeah I meant overall, Pretty impressive the staying power it had after opening to #6

http://www.nme.com/news/music/goril...ialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Gorillaz already thinking about next album
-Albums need large breaks between because theyre a lot of work
-Potentially might not be break between Humanz and the next album
-They've already got a theme

Im taking all this with a grain of salt for obvious reasons, but at the same time, it really does feel like they want to ride this out for a while considering theyre getting a show, festival and clothing line along with apparently continuing writing and recording after Humanz was finished. They might want to keep the momentum going by releasing H-Sidez then gearing up for the bext thing and striking while the iron is hot. Since theyll both be so busy i hope they stay out of each other's hair and don't get into any arguments. But Damon also announced like million other side projects so if one thing doesn't side track this itll be something else.

Personally hope the next album is some weird experimental dark post rock shit

Yeah its great, i love it and im really happy with it. Theres a bit of everything, the story books, some story boards for Saturnz Barz, nearly all of the phase artwork thus far.

I've seen a few eBay listings for 90-100, and was thinking of getting it. I kind of hate to spend that much, but it'd be cool to have a vinyl copy, and it seems like Gorillaz stuff like that gets insanely rare. Does the back of the album have credits and songs, or is it just artwork?

Gorillaz selling out. Hallelujah Money

Out of all the stuff they have going on (TV show, clothing line), I didn't expect them to have another album even considered at this point.

I've seen a few eBay listings for 90-100, and was thinking of getting it. I kind of hate to spend that much, but it'd be cool to have a vinyl copy, and it seems like Gorillaz stuff like that gets insanely rare. Does the back of the album have credits and songs, or is it just artwork?
The front inner sleeve has the songs, one of the last pages has the credits. $100 on Ebay is a good price imo. Thats what i spent on it, albiet in CAD and yeah i feel like in 5-10 years these will be pretty rare, especially since they sold out during pre order​ AFAIK.
Gorillaz selling out. Hallelujah Money

Out of all the stuff they have going on (TV show, clothing line), I didn't expect them to have another album even considered at this point.
Yeah that's pretty big. First time theyve done so actually.

Gorillaz

Damon hitting a 2nd wind would be interesting. This was the most most high energy album/phase they had since S/T. Especially in collaborations

I can't see them sitting on the renewed hype.
Submission is the best right guiez?
Tnt during the NBA playoffs have been playing the instrumentals. So yes.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This album got me on a Gorillaz kick and I'm listening to their whole discography for the first time. Damn I've missed out on so much since I've really only listened to their singles. I'm almost ready to pay up for a ticket to Outside lands just to see them.

Realeza

Banned
I seriously must have played the album over 30 times. It keeps getting better and better. I can't believe I didn't like Momentz at first. Now, this shit is a class-a banger.

Busted and Blue/Momentz/Charger are ok.
The rest is garbage. I should have bought the first album in vinyl instead of Humanz. There's not even 5% of the style and personality of Gorillaz and Demon Days in Humanz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom