• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
For a finale a lot of it just felt like setup for S3. We really didn't get much closure on anything. Sure the plot thread wrapped up but it was mostly "hey this is something you can look forward to"

I think that is what bothered me most. You only have a little over 40 minutes to wrap things up, but it seemed more interested in pushing off everything until next season. A lot of the stuff that does happen was just to waste time, like the Gordon doppelganger, or the Freeze vs Firefly fight. The first scene with Fish trying to touch Ms. Peabody stood out the most to me for how much time it took up for something that was already established, and then had to be played out again. The episode was weirdly apprehensive about moving anything forward.

Asbel

Holy shit, what a finale.

Just...holy shit.

Clayface getting caught, the fact that no-one but Barbara knew it wasn't Gordon, that Strange survived getting blasted by both Fries and Firefly (ice and fire cancelling each other out was just...what the fuck. I can't even be mad at this, it was just pure amaze), clone Bruce.

A FUCKING GATLING GUN. WHAT THE FUCK. LOL at Butch legging it even though he as A FUCKING GATLING GUN.

Jerome! Sucks that Fish survived though. Not a fan, especially with how OP her power is.

And LOL at how they deactivated the bomb.

Oh bloody hell.

Best show ever. This isn't even in question any more. The jump in quality from season 1 is staggering. So crazily hyped for season 3, can't wait to see what madness they have in store.
Was that really Clayface?

The finale was just ok. The final shot with all the villains exiting the bus was great, but the rest felt like fluff. For me, the last couple episodes have been weaker than the rest of the season.

However, it was still an awesome season! Besides the last few episodes, the show was consistently entertaining and I can't wait for season 3. I'm crossing my fingers for Jerome/Joker! My favourite one this season was definitely episode 2.

Turin

Banned
I wasn't dazzled or offended by the finale. Things happened. Maybe I need to watch it again.

I like that, when backed into a corner, Strange was willing to go down with the ship.

I really hope they bring Jerome back. I wonder if that actors commitment to Shameless makes things difficult.

No idea of what to make of doppelganger Bruce or where they're going with it.

Turin

Banned
Oh yeah, that was one thing I liked. Ben McKenzie really got to show off his acting chops this episode. I'm sure that was satisfying for him.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Strange shit in the last episode. I guess I like the set up for the next season but like no one died and some very strange/silly things going on

The police guy playing chicken with a bus? The fuck?

Clay face Gordon is the same as the Wacko dream Gordon from the Barbara arc

d3vnull

A FUCKING GATLING GUN. WHAT THE FUCK. LOL at Butch legging it even though he as A FUCKING GATLING GUN.

With all the stupid shit happening on this show that really pissed me off. Especially after this scene.
The whole Fish Mooney thing just feels underwritten and shoehorned in.

Looking forward to Evil Bruce. He could potentially be the most dangerous villain so far.

Magwik

Banned
I still hate Fish (Bitch) and hope she dies in episode 1 of season 3. God, what an awful character.
I don't like her either but her presence is simply be foil to push Penguin as a character towards his more comic counterpart so I don't really mind as much.

brawly

Clayface Gordon was brilliant. Great episode, great season. Hopefully Penguin whacks Fish again.

Also, how come this had a minigun but the Punisher in Daredevil S2 didn't? For shame Marvel.

With all the stupid shit happening on this show that really pissed me off. Especially after this scene.
The whole Fish Mooney thing just feels underwritten and shoehorned in.

Looking forward to Evil Bruce. He could potentially be the most dangerous villain so far.

Fish is just an awful character and I fear what lays in wait in season 3 if she's around for more than a couple of episodes.

If she's going to be full time again, I'm bailing.

Oh and we need a gif of Claydon winking. That will get so much use.

Alpende

I don't like her either but her presence is simply be foil to push Penguin as a character towards his more comic counterpart so I don't really mind as much.

Yeah, but we've seen that two times already. Another character can fill in that role and it'll feel fresh.

Oddduck

I am not a Fish Mooney fan either, but I think some people are being a little hyperbolic. She was barely even in the last two episodes. In the finale, she had maybe 8 minutes of screen time? In a 44 minute episode? And three minutes of it was her driving a bus and not saying any lines of dialogue. LOL.

Anyways, I can't see any situation where Jada Pinkett Smith becomes a full-time regular in Season 3 again.

Gotham is juggling a lot more characters now than it was during Season 1. There are so many characters to juggle that some Season 2 episodes didn't even have Penguin, Selina Kyle, and Bruce Wayne in them. Harvey Dent was billed as a regular, and he only briefly appeared in 3 episodes (out of a 22 episode season). Maybe she'll do a guest appearance for 2-3 episodes but that's all I'm expecting from S3.

The scene where she's trying to touch Peabody was annoying as fuck.

Just everything about it. Fish drags down every scene she's in because of her annoying overacting.

brawly

Oh and we need a gif of Claydon winking. That will get so much use.

Here you go, fresh off the cut.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

7pprmH.gif

giphy.gif

tF67Pn.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Can't say I enjoyed the finale. Firefly vs Mr. Freeze was incredibly stupid, and it got even worse when Strange just ran into the crossfire. Fish Mooney was her usual garbage. I fell asleep before the last four minutes, though, so maybe there's a good stinger in the end?

Ishida

Banned
Amazing. AMAZING finale!! Loved every second of it.

Just when you think shit has hit the fan for Gotham City, an ever bigger shit hits an even bigger fan.

I don't agree at all that the finale was weak. It was astounding for me. And the best part?

JEROME HINT, MOFOS!! :D

Now I'm 100% sure he is this universe's Joker.

Can't say I enjoyed the finale. Firefly vs Mr. Freeze was incredibly stupid, and it got even worse when Strange just ran into the crossfire. Fish Mooney was her usual garbage. I fell asleep before the last four minutes, though, so maybe there's a good stinger in the end?

A clone bruce wayne walks out of the asylum bus with a hilarious wig

Guessing it's this universe's Hush

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A clone bruce wayne walks out of the asylum bus with a hilarious wig

Guessing it's this universe's Hush

Didn't Tommy Elliott show up before? Wasn't he bullying Bruce at school or something like that? Surprised they never went anywhere with that. They've given up on Poison Ivy too haha, she gets like 30 seconds of screen time a season now.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Solid finale, although it did feel a bit soft (kind of like a mid-season finale) after all the shit that went down during the past couple of episodes. Still, it had lots of memorable moments to culminate one of the biggest turnarounds in recent memory.

The only thing that bothered me was Hugo shitting his pants after all is though guy drama.

All the Fish Mooney haters betta check yo selves. She's great.

Fish Mooney, bitches.

I love her, but right now I kind wish they end her in the most stupid way next season.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeap, she's awesome, I really don't understand the hate lol.

My only issue with her is that he keeps getting away with it way too often, unlike the rest of the rogues. She has nine lives.

With that said, Penguin turned out to be such a ghoul. That scene with the severed head...

Didn't Tommy Elliott show up before? Wasn't he bullying Bruce at school or something like that? Surprised they never went anywhere with that. They've given up on Poison Ivy too haha, she gets like 30 seconds of screen time a season now.

oh right forgot about that haha. i wonder what they do with clone bruce next season.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Looking at those JIFs it's evident that Gotham is one of those shows where everybody is having a ball. It reminds me of Spartacus in a way, with John Hannah and Nick Tarabay chomping away at the camera.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Here you go, fresh off the cut.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tF67Pn.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ben was having a ball with the Clayface character. I loved it. Great to see how a policestation full of detectives didn't find it strange that Jim Gordon shows up in a uniform, behaves totally weird, and to top it off gets excited to see Barbara. No wonder crime is rampant in Gotham.

Pachimari

Damn, that Azrael is like a Batman tease haha! Really curious what kind of monsters are in the cells that Nygma have found.

Unto Episode 20.

Misha

Banned
Who else would be good for clay face to impersonate? Can't really think of anyone else with similar enough stature and would actually be useful. (Unless he also finds out how to shape his body later or they straight up ignore that problem)

Maybe he'll just keep being alternate Jim?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Who else would be good for clay face to impersonate? Can't really think of anyone else with similar enough stature and would actually be useful. (Unless he also finds out how to shape his body later or they straight up ignore that problem)

Maybe he'll just keep being alternate Jim?

Being stuck in Alternate Jim mode seems like the route to go; the device to change his appearance is stuck in Arkham. Besides, Ben is awesome in his Clayface role.

Pachimari

Woooooaaaaaah hahahhahahahhahaha that Butch bazooka shot taking out Azrael was something else. What a highlight of the entire show!

Misha

Banned
Being stuck in Alternate Jim mode seems like the route to go; the device to change his appearance is stuck in Arkham. Besides, Ben is awesome in his Clayface role.
The only thing with him now though is that they're aware of him and he can't try to blend in anymore. I guess maybe with people like penguin and riddler and random citizens. Or maybe the writers find a way for him to get to lee first

Either way he was amusing this time and I hope he sticks around

Pachimari

Just finished the finale, and it confused the living soul out of me.

Who is the lady in the mask?
Who does the secret council consist of?
Who the hell is that Bruce clone by the end!?
Who was the lady with the eye we saw a quick close up of?

Where did Mooney go. Did Penguin just pass out. Where's Clayface. What's up with Lee. Where's Barbara at now. So many arcs they can pick up again for Season 3.

Gotham is definitely my favorite show. I love it.

Top Bottom