• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Pachimari

I loved the scene where Bruce says they are so close to uncovering the people who is running Gotham from behind the scene, and Alfred can't take no more and knows what coming, while Selina is having a laugh haha.

tF67Pn.gif
The best one!

Who is the lady in the mask?
I think it is her:

I legit cannot believe we're getting the Court of Owls here.

I wanna see the Talon. They did so well with Azrael, I can only imagine what they'll do with the Talon.

I am curious how they're going to balance this, though. Bruce CANNOT be allowed to get any real sense of satisfaction; they managed the Matches Malone thing very adroitly, but taking down the Court and really putting a seal on his family's deaths would be... well, it wouldn't be conducive to him becoming Batman. And I do love how Gotham plays fast and loose with expected Batman continuity, it's one of the show's strengths at this point, but I feel like that's kind of essential.

When this show was announced I never expected it to reach half this level let alone my 2nd favorite tv series currently ongoing.
I could still go for 18-20 year old Bruce stuff though.

Wait, those monsters is leading up to Court of Owls? I'm not familiar with the source material (comics).

Nah, the people in owl masks are what's leading up to the Court of Owls, lol. The monsters are probably going to be unaffiliated villains.

Kinda a shame they didn't go for something more in the Capullo style, but I guess that might not have translated all that well to live action.

I just wish this show wasn't so determined to take every bit of uniqueness out of Batman's rogue gallery. They are all just production line lab creations now.

Even their personality quirks were given to them. Blech.

Veelk

Banned
It's on Comixology? Who is the writer?

Scott Snyder. The good Snyder writer. He's essentially become my favorite batman writer, able to keep the darkness of Batman that is so prevalent in his most effective incarnations while not being stupidly grimdark about it.

His storylines have their ups and downs in terms of what you might actually want to see. For example, I don't think anyone was all that interested in a Jim Gordon Batman, including me. But even if you aren't interested in the conceptual idea he's giving, he typically gets the most one can out it. So even his less interesting stuff is pretty well written.

His Court of Owls story is the first one he did for the new 52 and it's really good, but I feel his best story is the Zero Year 3 parter, especially the first part. He managed to take the origins of Batman, make them his own, while still remaining very true to the other origins. It's very good stuff.

So if Gotham is going to start taking inspiration from him, I see it as a very good thing. Though I hope they use better masks than the ones they have in the show. They don't have to be the comic ones, but something better than what we got.

Metal B

I just wish this show wasn't so determined to take every bit of uniqueness out of Batman's rogue gallery. They are all just production line lab creations now.

Even their personality quirks were given to them. Blech.
First the series does its own thing, so they can do, what they want as long as it is good (like the Batman movies or one-shoot Comics).
Second the show establish a a new, different dynamic between Bruce and his villans now, which also got foreshadowed some episodes before. His father cared for the girl with the lizard hand, because he felt responsible for her transformation. Bruce will also feel sorry and guilty for all the monsters, who got turned under the banner of the Wayne Company. So he not only will try to stop them, but also try to help them get healed. Physically and Mentally. The series also kind of explains, why so many villan are so strong into fictional characters and stories.
Third only the B-Tiers villans got created through Doctor Strange. The Riddler, the Penguin, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Twoface and the Joker will all be "choosing" their path on their own. Mr. Freeze just got a little support from Doctor Strange.

Now that I think of it, did Strange want Bruce and Lucius to find out about the Court of Owls? He clearly told Riddler what questions to ask, and the gas didn't kill them, so what's up with that?

RPGCrazied

Binged the 2nd half, awesome stuff. At first, before the show came on, I thought I'd hate it, but it has grown on me.

Was evil Bruce created or what? I wonder if we will see Joker again. Anyone hear a laugh at the end? Thought I did.

Dysun

Just caught up with the last handful of episodes.

That was easily the best finale of any DC TV show this year, and probably had the strongest season overall. Kind of shocking, since I hated it last year

I'm bumping this reply to nominate it for the thread title of the Gotham Season 3 |OT|:
Gotham Season 3 |OT| Jog on, ya cheeky little minx

And these replies to support it:
This gets all of my votes, lol.
While I'd quite like to see all the child abuse referenced, this is just perfect.
and we're done here
Definitely a top-tier OT title.

They need to bring back that track that played after Azrael was blown up next time penguin has an outrageous moment. Shit was hilarious when the trumpets kicked in

Best comic show. If preacher stays in line with the tone of the pilot then I can see that maybe eclipsing it. But thats about it

Oddduck

Some possible Season 3 spoilers from TVLine:

Looking ahead to Season 3, a trio of new roles are being cast, each possibly marking the arrival of another DC Comics character. The series regulars being added include a villain who “learns people’s secrets and manipulates them to do his bidding” (which sounds like the previously rumored arrival of The Mad Hatter) and a young villainess “who uses her sexuality to entrap men” (a la Joan Collins’ Siren on the 1960s Batman series?).

There’s also the recurring role of an ambitious young journalist named “Valerie” — which we’d like to think is casting-call code for Vicki Vale, though her late-20s age range makes her markedly older than Master Bruce.

GeeTeeCee

Okay, I'm catching up with Gotham right now (we're a few episodes behind here in the UK), and Penguin just had Azrael blown up with a rocket launcher in Bruce Wayne's driveway as upbeat rock music plays over the scene.

I love you, Gotham. I'm sorry for all the negative stuff I might have said in the past. You're the superhero show we deserve.

That was the weakest episode in quite some time, I feel. Firefly really drags the quality down. But it does seem to setup next week to be crazy, at least.

This so damn much. Been really enjoying most of season 2 and the parts with Nygma and Penguin were fantastic, but ever since the episodes with Azrael up to episode 21 the quality has been going down the drain, I feel. And yeah Firefly is bullshit. Those scenes were stupid as hell, it's really nothing like many other episodes in this season and that's a shame.

Tonight I'm going to watch the finale, but I am not expecting much. I am surprised people seem to like the last episodes so much.

Hope to God season 3 is not going down that road, that would suck bigtime. I hope it will be a similar to season 2's great episodes, of which the majority is quite good. Just not these last three episodes. Not at all. Strange was cool for a while but now it really doesn't interest me at all much. I miss the more dark things, like Nygma with Kristen Kringle, that was good stuff. Or Penguin giving his father's wife her last meal, dark and crazy stuff. It's just rather dumb right now sadly.

This so damn much. Been really enjoying most of season 2 and the parts with Nygma and Penguin were fantastic, but ever since the episodes with Azrael up to episode 21 the quality has been going down the drain, I feel. And yeah Firefly is bullshit. Those scenes were stupid as hell, it's really nothing like many other episodes in this season and that's a shame.

Tonight I'm going to watch the finale, but I am not expecting much. I am surprised people seem to like the last episodes so much.

Hope to God season 3 is not going down that road, that would suck bigtime. I hope it will be a similar to season 2's great episodes, of which the majority is quite good. Just not these last three episodes. Not at all. Strange was cool for a while but now it really doesn't interest me at all much. I miss the more dark things, like Nygma with Kristen Kringle, that was good stuff. Or Penguin giving his father's wife her last meal, dark and crazy stuff. It's just rather dumb right now sadly.
I honestly thought the finale was pretty bad, too. It seems to be pretty simple: if Fish Mooney is around, the episode sucks. The odd thing is that it's not even necessarily her being bad (though I think she's terrible); her presence just seems to drag the quality of everything down.

Except for Firefly. That can't possibly be worse than it already is.

I honestly thought the finale was pretty bad, too. It seems to be pretty simple: if Fish Mooney is around, the episode sucks. The odd thing is that it's not even necessarily her being bad (though I think she's terrible); her presence just seems to drag the quality of everything down.

Except for Firefly. That can't possibly be worse than it already is.

Oh damn it, here I was hoping the finale would actually be decent enough,unlike season 1's.

Man why do they do this? The show can be so damn good when it's about Nygma, Penguin and even Bruce's scenes are becoming really interesting but Fish has outstayed her welcome completely and it's just a damn shame. I hope they don't do this with season 3. Bring back Jerome for starters.

Get fucking rid of Fish for once and for all, please no more Barbara because she's just not interesting at all, whether she's playing batshit crazy or her boring other personality, she's just no good. Yes she's hot and that's about it. Definitely get rid of Firefly too. S2 started off so damn good with the Maniax and I hope we can see something like that in 3 as well.

2 is such a huge departure from 1,crazy how much better it is, so please don't fuck it up now.

B.K.

I really hate that they brought Fish back. I really hated her in season one. She was the most boring character on the show and always had the worst storylines. Every time she appeared, she bought an episode to a halt. I'm convinced part of the reason season two was so good was because she was dead for most of it.

I'm bumping this reply to nominate it for the thread title of the Gotham Season 3 |OT|:

Gotham Season 3 |OT| The Monsters are Due on Maple Street

I really hate that they brought Fish back. I really hated her in season one. She was the most boring character on the show and always had the worst storylines. Every time she appeared, she bought an episode to a halt. I'm convinced part of the reason season two was so good was because she was dead for most of it.

Gotham Season 3 |OT| The Monsters are Due on Maple Street

Yep. In the season 1 when I saw her for the first time I thought, oh damn this woman is not to be toyed with. But it just never seemed like a very interesting character to me and now with these new powers or something it's just even less interesting. Man what a shame she's back, so damn unnecessary.

Top Bottom