• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Evils

Goldrusher said:
Day-night cycle is in.
Rain is in.
Tire wear is in.
Tire temperature is in. (mentioned in the video)

34igv8n.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Balboa said:
Does the platinum version of Prologue include all of the updates on the disc?

The PSN version doesn't even have all of the updates. Took bloody ages to download after installing the first 1.8GB :/

Goldrusher

Goldrusher said:
http://www.jvn.com/jeux/articles/interview-gran-turismo-5-r-eacute-v-eacute-lations-exclusives.html

Day-night cycle is in.
Rain is in.
Tire wear is in.
Tire temperature is in. (mentioned in the video)

>> Is there still a chance for a Christmas release ?
To answer your question, it's not delayed. We never officially announced it for 2009. But I understand you're dissappointed.

>> How far is the game ?
The game is finished if all you want to do is take a car and drive. But for the actual game experience, we're at 65%

>> I tried the demo, the cars don't fully deform. Not even when crashing really hard.
We're still working on that. We still have a lot of work to do in that department.

>> What about online ? Will there be race events like in Prologue ?
Prologue worked like an open match. In GT5, there will be private zones for your friends.

>> Will there be more series other than NASCAR and GT500* What about F1 ?
I have always wanted as much championships in the game as possible. That's why we now have Nascar and WRC. But I want all of them.
It's difficult to get all the F1 teams.

>> What about other single seaters ?
Possible.

>> Have you seen Forza 3 ? What do you think of the game ? Have you played it ? Did you take notes or stay focused on GT ?
Our challenge is to improve every GT based on the previous release. But competition is good.

>> Earlier I saw an interesting G-force graphic. Will that be in the final game ?
Do you want it in ?

>> Yes
Then I'll leave it in.​

* Super GT

The guy interviewing - Benoit Tréluyer - won that GT500 / Super GT championship.
He also did Le Mans for Pescarolo. And he was very impressed by the G-force meter. Very precise, very professional and a very useful tool, he said. You need to keep the forces in a certain range, to maximize grip.

Finally, certain segments in the video were blurred and/or cut.
New tracks ? New effects ? New cars ? I don't know.

For the new page.

Nice collection of tidbits. However... I fail to see where it is confirmed that there will be night and day cycles in the game - as well as rain. There wasn't anything in the video, if I am correct, that would confirm it. So, all we have is a translation of a text blurb on the website with no actual quote from Kaz. Is that correct?

Just asking to be sure. Sometimes when good news arrives here, all the uncertainties magically gets upgraded too :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BruceWayneIII said:
Nice collection of tidbits. However... I fail to see where it is confirmed that there will be night and day cycles in the game - as well as rain. There wasn't anything in the video, if I am correct, that would confirm it. So, all we have is a translation of a text blurb on the website with no actual quote from Kaz. Is that correct?

Just asking to be sure. Sometimes when good news arrives here, all the uncertainties magically gets upgraded too :lol
Aww, I was wondering if that was confirmed in the video. Guess it wasn't. :(

offshore

Joy of Stiq:

How realistic will damage be?

To end with the race with a crash, we can do that now. But I don't think we'll ever have serious crashes, in which the cars are just torn apart into bits or just flattened into a few inches high. Things like that are something I just don't think we'll ever do.

Damage is just one -- just a small aspect of a race. It's nothing that really needs to be focused on.

I think they should have serious crashes...especially for NASCAR.

BeeDog

DOBERMAN INC said:
We need pictures of this shit, Or else were all just salivating over hearsay however awesome it sounds.

Come on PD give us hobos some change.

Indeed. People are just jumping to conclusions, I bet there's something lost in translation if anything. :p I still won't believe even a fourth of that stuff is in.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It says day/night cycle is present, but does not mention dynamic. So it could be that you can set the time of day to any time, or maybe preset times of day, but not necessarily "live" change in time.

Just making sure we don't all go crazy over it and then think they lied.

Still, even if they just have morning, noon, afternoon and night it will be awesome. I remember morning practice in F1:CE was an amazing experience, the tracks are completely different with shadows long and weird.

Also, he said damage is where they are working hardest and most now.

I wish they also asked about some of the finer stuff, liveries, license plates, community features.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
joystiq said:
How interested are you in the PlayStation Motion Controller?

Motion controller has infinite possibilities and the level of completion of the actual device is going to be very high just from the start. I think it's going to be very important, but as for its importance in GT, I don't think it's going to have that much of a role in the series. As for the PlayStation Eye, we're probably going to try and use it in Gran Turismo, but we can't go into details of that yet.

I knew it! Didn't think the wand would be used in the game.

Goldrusher

chubigans said:
Aww, I was wondering if that was confirmed in the video. Guess it wasn't. :(
It's in the beginning of the text interview.

On a ainsi pu apprendre que le jeu possèdera bien un cycle jour/nuit et qu'il sera -enfin- possible de courir sous la pluie. De même, une gestion de l'usure des pneus sera au programme. Une dégradation qui variera en fonction de la qualité du pilotage et de la montée en température des gommes. Il sera ainsi possible d'optimiser ses trains de pneus et sa conduite en étudiant les graphiques des courses, expliqués en détails dans la vidéo.

We have learned the game will have a day/night cycle and it will - finally - be possible to race in the rain. Also, a "tire usage management" is planned. Tires will degrade based on your driving and temperature of the rubber. It will also be possible to optimize your tire sets and your driving by studying graphics / meters. Explained and detailed in the video.

How long did it take to implement damage into Gran Turismo 5?

It took two months to get to where we're at. So it wasn't a matter of difficulty. It was just when we initiated it.

FUCK YEAH!

AndyD said:
- the game posesses a a day/night cycle and its finally possible to race in the rain.
- tire usage is in, and it varies based on the quality of the driving and also the temperature of the rubber. They showed off details of tire management in the video and you can examine the tracks to optimize your tire setup and sets.

Quick translation there. If you guys have more I can do more, but I cant watch videos now.

What did he say about F1 cars and teams at around 3:20? After he says something (I think like it would be difficult) the guy asks him and he says it would be possible? I don't know, can you tell us please?

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks Goldrusher.

BeeDog said:
"Called it!" or "Call it!"? Huge difference there. :p

And I still don't think we'll se a Western release before Japan, it hasn't happened with any iteration so far and I doubt it'll happen with GT5.

GT PSP?

AranhaHunter said:
What did he say about F1 cars and teams at around 3:20? After he says something (I think like it would be difficult) the guy asks him and he says it would be possible? I don't know, can you tell us please?

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks Goldrusher.
It would be possible to have others F1 teams than Ferrari

Zaptruder

Banned
God, I wish they wouldn't bullshot us like that. I just keep thinking... if only they'd develop for the PC as well! An impossibility I know, but imagine having triple monitor head tracking with those graphics. Goddamn!

AranhaHunter said:

He just says getting all the F1 teams is very difficult. The question after that was different about single seaters and the answer was a quick yes.

About the Forza3 question he says competition is good in that it helps the market for racing games to grow. But really their objective is to make GT5 better than the last GT game.

Goldrusher

Summary so far...

new screens/previews/interviews

• new screenshots
• Gameblog.fr studio tour
• jvn.com interview (interviewer here is professional racer Benoît Tréluyer!)
• Joystiq interview (motion controller lol)
• Gamespot Q&A

new facts

• European/USA release still unknown
• damage will be improved, but don't expect "total loss crashes", GT isn't about that (even though they can already do it)
• day/night cycle is in
• rain is in
• a very precise G-force meter is in (see jvn.com video)
• tire wear & tire temperature are in
• no plans for motion controller support
• they are working on something with the PlayStation Eye, can't go into detail yet

BeeDog

I think it's dangerous to say those are "facts", people will start to expect it, and if it doesn't make it, extreme disappointment will set in.

ashbash159 said:
How long did it take to implement damage into Gran Turismo 5?

It took two months to get to where we're at. So it wasn't a matter of difficulty. It was just when we initiated it.

FUCK YEAH!

Sorry for quoting this but I think this is pretty important and no one is picking up on this!

deepbrown said:
GT6 confirmed for PS3. Nice.

He said there would be a sequel to Gran Turismo PSP, but GT6 for PS3 is anyone's guess. I'd rather it be for PS4 though. The pumped up hardware could render GT5 bullshots in game.

noah111

Still Alive
Y2Kev said:
I want to believe but I refuse to. Someone email kaz and ask.
It'll only get lost in translation further. :lol TBH in these kind of situations I don't expect anything until it's seriously confirmed, which isn't easy.

olimpia84

How interested are you in the PlayStation Motion Controller?

Motion controller has infinite possibilities and the level of completion of the actual device is going to be very high just from the start. I think it's going to be very important, but as for its importance in GT, I don't think it's going to have that much of a role in the series. As for the PlayStation Eye, we're probably going to try and use it in Gran Turismo, but we can't go into details of that yet.

I thought the headtracking with the PS Eye was confirmed? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom