• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink | OT | It's been 8 long years...

On which platform will you be picking up the game?

• Total voters

EMVFMx1.jpeg

4zkhzAd.png

RFOq9vD.png

tszJw9Q.png

ZaiL2FY.png

KEfalJt.png

y8CZPlr.png

yVBcCt8.gif

4EJT89o.png

Z00ZWe8.gif

mWYpCMf.png

bFPvZPV.gif

Hui1kgj.png

YKV7mxH.gif

A1AlNuI.png

cA1GxMI.gif

ZL60hCE.png

zf03fYk.png

TwIsInf.png

QdNubvs.jpeg

4uRzrlE.png

GExODONa0AACcKS

oPDv2lu.png

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Still undecided about this, I didn't warm to the demo

Isa

There's no info on the interwebs when the review embargo will lift, but those who pre-ordered a PlayStation digital copy of the game will get 72h early access so there's a good chance reviews still start dropping on Monday.
I'm looking forward to it, I really like the chosen timeframe as I get to actually play it early unlike most games that do so midweek lol. Between this and Infinite Wealth I'll be quite busy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I liked the PS5 demo, but I'm planning on getting the PC release. Wish we had more details on widescreen support or other PC-specific features though. Also, a shame that PC isn't getting early access, but I'm balls deep in Infinite Wealth, so I can wait.

Trying to think if the regular edition of deluxe is for me.

Physical of course.
This publisher really screwed up the North American release. I’m in Canada, so, for some reason, we only get the deluxe PS4 edition (not PS5). What are they thinking?

Seems Amazon has exclusive rights to the PS5 deluxe edition, which is almost more bizarre than it not being available at all. It‘s $135, which is $5 more than Final Fantasy Rebirth Deluxe retail edition. Insanity.

It doesn’t matter, I guess. I was considering playing this, but then I tried to play the demo online. Despite “600k downloads“ and the game being free, I’ve never been able to find a party in matchmaking. If no one is playing online with the free version, how easy will it be to find a party once we have to not only pay for the game, but for PlayStation Plus. To make matters worse, there is no cross play with the PC version.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I liked the PS5 demo, but I'm planning on getting the PC release. Wish we had more details on widescreen support or other PC-specific features though. Also, a shame that PC isn't getting early access, but I'm balls deep in Infinite Wealth, so I can wait.
Oh wait I was going to buy this on PC didn't know that it was on PS Only for early access. Now I need to decided PS5 or PC any word on how the PC port runs? I played on PS5 the demo.

Last edited:

Fake

Just make sure PC is the version you want. I know PC have the best version of all, but dev team told in their previous livestream that crossplay between PC and Playstation are not avaliable.

cormack12

Gold Member
Sexy OT my gaffer. I played the demo and really liked it. The only criticism is that it was very busy on screen looking for dodge cues etc.

Can you play the whole game in single player offline, or do you need to do the co op quests? Is there match making as well

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Awesome OT! Any chance the poll can be changed so we can see who is voting on what? As a PC gamer, I am obviously getting this on Steam.

Awesome OT! Any chance the poll can be changed so we can see who is voting on what? As a PC gamer, I am obviously getting this on Steam.
Thanks! I'm afraid that certain poll options, including the one you're requesting, can't be changed from my end once the poll is live. Only a mod/admin can make those kind of changes.

Last edited:

Jedge

Getting this for PC. Hoping the port will be good. I'm glad they took some feedback from the demo

So far I liked zeta and Katalina. I'll have to see who else I want in my party with the future characters

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That gonna be your main and alt? And alt alt?
Probably gonna be an Io main. Undecided atm. Narmaya might be my melee pick with stance swapping. Narmaya and Zeta are looking pretty good. I am interested in Vane with his supposed Super Armor traits on his attacks.

But I am probably heading towards Mage playstyle so that is Io, Rosetta or Cagliostro.

cormack12

Gold Member
Probably gonna be an Io main. Undecided atm. Narmaya might be my melee pick with stance swapping. Narmaya and Zeta are looking pretty good. I am interested in Vane with his supposed Super Armor traits on his attacks.

But I am probably heading towards Mage playstyle so that is Io, Rosetta or Cagliostro.
Io looks to be the most advised but I'm not really a mage player tbh.

Gran seemed to be OK, but I'm getting drawn to Lancelot a bit. I generally like to play characters outside the meta when they have online elements so I'm the only one playing that character. Any advice?

I like quick melee, with strong DPS. Or an archer type.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Io looks to be the most advised but I'm not really a mage player tbh.

Gran seemed to be OK, but I'm getting drawn to Lancelot a bit. I generally like to play characters outside the meta when they have online elements so I'm the only one playing that character. Any advice?

I like quick melee, with strong DPS. Or an archer type.
Could try Rackam or Eugene who are ranged with Guns, Charlotta or Yodarha who are quick and speedy but these are the chibi race characters.

Lancelot is probably a good pick if you want DPS and speed.

A non-meta pick will probably be Vaseraga and maybe Ghandagoza. Vaseraga seems to play like a FF Dark Knight archetype. Reminds me of Soul Calibur Astaroth in a way. Big attacks, rewards a playstyle with a great deal of risk where you need to take damage to deal damage with your counter attacks not to mention I don't see many characters other then Vaseraga going out of their way to inflict Darkness damage.

I'm actually curious if they have a character that can BULLY THE BOSS so to speak by interrupting their attacks or being able to grapple/grab enemies preventing the opponent from attacking.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I’m bummed in the description on PlayStation Store it says early access starts at 7am PT January 28th. That would be 10am EST where I’m located in the states, yet even after the preload the countdown timer puts it to unlock at midnight the 29th EST 😞. Was hoping to get some time in on it before the football games.

Klayzer

I’m bummed in the description on PlayStation Store it says early access starts at 7am PT January 28th. That would be 10am EST where I’m located in the states, yet even after the preload the countdown timer puts it to unlock at midnight the 29th EST 😞. Was hoping to get some time in on it before the football games.
Same. Im off Monday for some Relink action.

When anyone gets a chance to play this game, I’d like to know the following please:

1) On console, do the effects have a toggle in the options (to not be as flashy?)

2) Is it possible to play the single player experience with just a single party member?

3) What settings are changeable in regards to difficulty?

4) Do certain bosses still have way too much health?

Top Bottom