• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink | OT | It's been 8 long years...

On which platform will you be picking up the game?

• Total voters

GFAndV2a0AAE2lB

GFAndV3aQAII4sR

EDMIX

JRPG devs actively HATE ME! almost All them suddenly decide release their game in Feb and March.

Who the FUUUUUUCK in marketing team decided to release P3 Reload and GB Relink so close to each other…..WHO!!!?

I'm saying.

I'm trying to work ahead of all my University school work to have a bit of free time to even play all of this

(We also about to ignore all the OT from work too lol)

This Spring LITERALLY can fold into the whole years worth of gaming for me.

zokie

the fanservice is really good in this game , thank you Cygames
Sadly , no photo mode for now

you can view the 2D or 3D model of the main character and current party
you can zoom in close to Roslina melons and she do a nice post
but you cannot rotate to see under the skirt/dress

note : i am playing chinese version with japanese voice , i am not sure about the western version

Last edited:

note : i am playing chinese version with japanese voice , i am not sure about the western version
Awesome! We'll have fresh new content to share for the 🍈 and 🍑 threads.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

tenor.gif

Fabieter

JRPG devs actively HATE ME! almost All them suddenly decide release their game in Feb and March.

Who the FUUUUUUCK in marketing team decided to release P3 Reload and GB Relink so close to each other…..WHO!!!?

Exactly iam still deep into like a dragon but stills Boughton both for the support. Dont know if i manage to beat all that before rebirth though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Youtuber TagTheLegend says he beat the "campaign" in just 11 hours? Looks like I was right. Damn...
If you bumrush the main quests sure but it's not entirely true as there is postgame content for you to do where you fight the true Final Boss. And that isn't including all the other quest mode high level bosses and in a few months there will be that Lucilius Raid boss down the pipeline.

And there's the matter of grinding up for crafting weapons and using MSP to buff up all your characters.

The campaign just has no bullshit filler and is all action all the time. I much prefer knowing it's only a 10 hour funfest instead of a 50+ hour investment.

Based on the streams I've watched the campaign really is just training wheels to start the real game. Much like the initial MH quests were before you can start doing High Rank quests.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Honestly, I dont mind a short campaign as long as it's good.

In the 90's I loved those 80+ hour adventures as I had all the time in the world, and not quite enough money to buy new games every week. Nowadays I'm perfectly fine with games lasting 5, 10 or 20 hours before the endcredits roll. As long as they're fun to play, I'm all good.

If you bumrush the main quests sure but it's not entirely true as there is postgame content for you to do where you fight the true Final Boss. And that isn't including all the other quest mode high level bosses and in a few months there will be that Lucilius Raid boss down the pipeline.

And there's the matter of grinding up for crafting weapons and using MSP to buff up all your characters.

The campaign just has no bullshit filler and is all action all the time. I much prefer knowing it's only a 10 hour funfest instead of a 50+ hour investment.

Based on the streams I've watched the campaign really is just training wheels to start the real game. Much like the initial MH quests were before you can start doing High Rank quests.
He even says in the video that it's not for some people, people like me who was expecting a traditional jrpg experience. Glad I didn't pay full price for this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

In the 90's I loved those 80+ hour adventures as I had all the time in the world, and not quite enough money to buy new games every week. Nowadays I'm perfectly fine with games lasting 5, 10 or 20 hours before the endcredits roll. As long as they're fun to play, I'm all good.
Exactly. I still love 80+ hour RPGs (currently playing Trails of Cold Steel, it's amazing), but I can also appreciate a tight 15 or 20 hour experience. I'd rather a game wrap things up nicely, instead of padding the gameplay or drawing things out longer than they need to.

NahaNago

Didn't know the game was so short. Was expecting the main game to be at least 30+ hours. From the little I've played I enjoyed. I ended up just grinding at that guild like area at the very beginning so I've barely even started.
How do I know where to go for sidequests?
So there is the guild like area where you do like these mini dungeon raids. You get introduced to it before you go on the mission with Roland( i think that was his name) to fight some primal. Once I completed them I went to each person who originally gave the sidequest to hunt something and got a completion.

Danjin44

I don't mind the main campaign being too short, but how exactly does the game fare in terms of end game?
The main story might be short but it has goooood end game content, especially the amount of characters you get in this game.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Didn't know the game was so short. Was expecting the main game to be at least 30+ hours. From the little I've played I enjoyed. I ended up just grinding at that guild like area at the very beginning so I've barely even started.

So there is the guild like area where you do like these mini dungeon raids. You get introduced to it before you go on the mission with Roland( i think that was his name) to fight some primal. Once I completed them I went to each person who originally gave the sidequest to hunt something and got a completion.
The only ones I have are the golem finger and pincers? Is that the undertake quest screen?

phant0m

Honestly I’m very happy to have something on the shorter side. I am not a fan of the trend of JRPGs needing to be 60+ hours all the time. Too much shit to play!

Holammer

The game is suspiciously cheap on Cdkeys. I buy there all the time because they knock off 10-20% for new releases, but €33,99? There's gotta be something wrong.

Yamisan

The game is suspiciously cheap on Cdkeys. I buy there all the time because they knock off 10-20% for new releases, but €33,99? There's gotta be something wrong.
I've been using the site for 6+ years and not a single issue. Mostly ps+ keys though.

phant0m

Regional pricing. It’s also not in stock at the $36 price, at least in the US.

Last edited:

Larxia

I've seen that too, got excited for a sec but I think it's just a placeholder price, you can't buy it right now. I'm pretty sure the price will go up once the game is actually out, especially with the current base price being 37€ with only 9% sale on it, that's not right.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Man this game is amazing, I just got to chapter 8 on PS5, everyone was selling it like a Monster Hunter clone but IMO the best comparison in terms of gameplay is actually FFXVI + Phantasy Star Online, the combat is basically FFXVI but with a proper party system and the boss battles get just as crazy as in FFXVI also I can totally see a community building around it for the online stuff too and learning a new character feels like learning a new character in a fighting game, it's such a unique game.

Cygames has a gem of a game right here, very serious candidate of being the sleeper hit of 2024.

NahaNago

The only ones I have are the golem finger and pincers? Is that the undertake quest screen?
pincers you find in chests in the world from what I googled and for golem fingers. I don't know on that one. I'm guessing you have to fight golems but you are probably already further along in the game by now than me.

I've decided to just get the game and hope that multiplayer isn't dead. I figure it's worth the purchase price (and later, resale) just for the campaign with nice artwork and music. I wouldn't dare buy this digitally, though.

My local GameStop has a grand total of one copy available, which I reserved. I'm not sure why a company in the business of selling games would not actually provide games for people to buy.

nikos

PC settings, if anybody's interested. No ultrawide support, 120 FPS cap, pretty barebones. Hopefully ultrawide isn't difficult to mod with this one.

Last edited:

_Justinian_

Gold Member

PC settings, if anybody's interested. No ultrawide support, 120 FPS cap, pretty barebones. Hopefully ultrawide isn't difficult to mod with this one.

I could have sworn I saw somewhere that only about 2 percent of PC users actually use an ultrawide monitor. How is the 120FPS cap barebones? :pie_thinking:

Bkdk

Seems like this game is unplayable with kb/m, can't use menus per some steam reviews, almost controller only game.

Rickyiez

The main story might be short but it has goooood end game content, especially the amount of characters you get in this game.
The amount of characters is one thing , but how about the bosses or enemies you can fight ? If it's not varied enough then the amount of characters doesn't really matter

Danjin44

The amount of characters is one thing , but how about the bosses or enemies you can fight ? If it's not varied enough then the amount of characters doesn't really matter
We just have to see, unfortunately my copy doesn't arrive until Feb 2nd.

ssringo

Decided to pick it up for desktop gaming and relegated Infinite Wealth to the Deck. Played about an hour on PC. Running fine so far at 1440p and Ultra on a 2080S, Ryzen 7 3700X and 32GB RAM. No noticeable issues or fps drops but I also don't look at my fps counter unless something sticks out. I'm only at the first town though so I've had limited fighting and crazy effects going off. I expect I'll have to dial down settings a little once stuff starts getting busy.

Edit: yeah, had to drop to High settings. Plus close up cutscenes got a bit too choppy. No big though.

The user rating is mixed due to crashing it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom