• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink | OT | It's been 8 long years...

On which platform will you be picking up the game?

• Total voters
Online manual! Nice. I remember when most PS4 games had this. It will give me something to read at work today.

Picking up a copy on the way home from work. Hopefully, no one at GameStop sells the copy with my name on it. I didnā€™t actually preorder. Itā€™s just the only default copy they have.

My favourite local game shop only has deluxe editions to sell. Itā€™s approximately $60 more ($135 vs $80), though. This doesnā€™t seem worth it for an art book and some post cards. Give me a strelbook case and I could be convinced. I watched a video that showed the deluxe edition ā€œcolour packsā€ and they actually look worse than the default skins.

As per my New Yearā€™s resolution, I am to finish Tales of Arise before starting this. I am so close to the end. I tried to finish last night, but I swear the last few hours have been nothing but cutscenes. I am at what may be the point of no return, so Iā€™ll give it one last shot before loading Granblue.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I read a common fix for now is playing in windowed mode.
Game won't launch, can't switch to windowed mode, lol. Maybe fix for the other folks who can't get to main menu after launch, again, that's different.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wrong thread, delete me.
matt-hardy-delete.gif

Jooxed

Gold Member
Anyone know how to get the game to run full screen on steam deck? It has black bars on bottom and top no matter what I do.

somesang

Anyone know how to get the game to run full screen on steam deck? It has black bars on bottom and top no matter what I do.
I believe the game doesnā€™t support 16:10 aspect currently. You could probably stretch using steam settings but then you get a stretched image. Happy to be wrong, havenā€™t picked up the game yet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Good vibe and great visuals so far. Into the first town and I'm already liking the visuals.

Gonna have to pause as Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth is AMAZING and I can't put that down.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Just get it on ps5 o.o All you have to do is press X and it starts.

I'm saying.

This is why I'm selective on what I play on PC.

Not all games make sense for PC and if a developer is new to PC, its hard for me to buy it day 1 on that platform. With games like this, I just want to start playing with no issues.

Hoppa

as soon as I could arrange my party, I used all of my skill points on Rosetta and she plays like trash :messenger_loudly_crying: so clunky. Also am I supposed to be able to hit the dragon next to the ship in the opening level? He spent most of his time a distance away from the ship, it was so bizarre

ManaByte

as soon as I could arrange my party, I used all of my skill points on Rosetta and she plays like trash :messenger_loudly_crying: so clunky. Also am I supposed to be able to hit the dragon next to the ship in the opening level? He spent most of his time a distance away from the ship, it was so bizarre
Attack its hands when itā€™s on the ship

Made it to chapter 4. I wanted to try an online quest but didnā€™t see any way to matchmake. I could create a session, but no way to join random people or even do the ā€œquick questā€. Iā€™ll have to check the manual again.

I am impressed that the game has male and female protagonists. The dialogue matches your choice, and each is fully voiced. This is far superior to the generic silent protagonist ā€œbody 1 or body 2ā€ thing we have seen lately.

Itā€™s also really cool that the voice actor credits are directly on the character screen in the journal. I need to check Katalinaā€™s voice, because it sounds like the alchemist ā€œArcadiaā€ in Skyrim.

Being able to pull up the glossary during conversations is wonderful.

Iā€™m playing on hard difficulty, but it doesnā€™t seem to matter. The AI companions do all the work.

Can't i? I'm still interested in the game.

I find it funny how PC is still seen as secondary when it comes to playing games.

I'm waiting to buy Granblue Fantasy Relink. Since by 6 months to an year I can see it getting fully patched. Not to mention there might be mods for the game as well. And well if the game is censored I can just find a decensored mod and apply it to the game.

Persona 3 Reload having a huge amount of players on PC playing it just tells me that there's a huge PC market that some companies like to ignore or don't put as much effort into. As the years go on, PC is going to just grow in userbase when it comes to gaming

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Started this up on PC, looks and plays amazingly well. Glad I waited and didn't buckle under pressure with the early access on PlayStation. Getting a pretty steady 1440p/60fps with my RTX3060.

Shame about the lack of ultrawide though. I saw a video posted to the PC Gaming Wiki that showed you could use Cheat Engine to force ultrawide, but it stretches the HUD and looks like poop.

Interfectum

two questions about this game:

- Do I need to know anything about Granblue Fantasy to enjoy it? I know fuck all, never watch anime.

- Is there matchmaking to play the game coop with strangers?

Guilty_AI

I find it funny how PC is still seen as secondary when it comes to playing games.

I'm waiting to buy Granblue Fantasy Relink. Since by 6 months to an year I can see it getting fully patched. Not to mention there might be mods for the game as well. And well if the game is censored I can just find a decensored mod and apply it to the game.

Persona 3 Reload having a huge amount of players on PC playing it just tells me that there's a huge PC market that some companies like to ignore or don't put as much effort into. As the years go on, PC is going to just grow in userbase when it comes to gaming
Personally i hope for a fan made subtitles fix, the eng translation in this game is apparently quite terrible. Seems they also didn't include subtitles for in-game chatter which is something i hope they add later, overall pretty awful localization job.

Multiplayer is also region locked. There's an easy workaround on steam but still, why do they feel the need to do stuff like this?

Last edited:
the eng translation in this game is apparently quite terrible
Is this your personal opinion or something you read online. I personally find it to be rather good and the voice acting is top notch. I would never even suspect it wasnā€™t native English. Reviews consistently say the same.

two questions about this game:

- Do I need to know anything about Granblue Fantasy to enjoy it? I know fuck all, never watch anime.

- Is there matchmaking to play the game coop with strangers?
I never even heard of this series until last week. The conversations are self-explanatory, and there is a dynamic glossary you can access with a single button if you really want to know more about a topic.

I havenā€™t actually used the matchmaking yet, but itā€™s described in the manual. The demo had it as well.

Anyone playing the game should read the manual first. Itā€™s rather nice and informative.

Guilty_AI

Is this your personal opinion or something you read online. I personally find it to be rather good and the voice acting is top notch. I would never even suspect it wasnā€™t native English. Reviews consistently say the same.
The examples i've seen being given out did put me off. Stuff like:
JP: "Lets go"
EN: "ARE YA READY TO GO GHOST HUNTING!!!"

There seems to be this heavy handed attempt in the eng version at having quirky dialogue, even when characters are just talking normally. A character says "Hmm" in japanese and then the english version replaces it with a whole phrase "A wishful thinking". I really don't understand why they felt the need to go through such lenghts.

The lack of subtitles within in-game conversations is also quite an issue since it means i wouldn't even be able to use JP dubs at least. The game looks great but issues like this make me want to leave it in the oven for a bit longer.

Last edited:
I played my first online quest. I disabled ā€œpower adjustmentā€ and got matched with a level 74 character who one-shot the boss.

A character says "Hmm" in japanese and then the english version replaces it with a whole phrase "A wishful thinking". I really don't understand why they felt the need to go through such lenghts
This is how localization is handled in every game. Japanese will say ā€œhaiā€, but English says ā€œhow wonderful!ā€ or ā€I canā€™t wait!ā€ That said, I havenā€™t seen anything like what you describe. Your example doesnā€™t even sound like English.

I started doing the fate episodes and they are far better than I expected. I was expecting long-winded skits like Tales of Arise. Instead, they are about one minute long and actually provide a nice backstory for the characters. The writing is fantastic.

Here is a random example:

IMG-0050.jpg

Hoppa

Ok I kinda went in blind but I didnā€™t realise this was a like a Monster Hunter game, I love it!

Guilty_AI

This is how localization is handled in every game. Japanese will say ā€œhaiā€, but English says ā€œhow wonderful!ā€ or ā€I canā€™t wait!ā€ That said, I havenā€™t seen anything like what you describe. Your example doesnā€™t even sound like English.
Which is why i use original dubs in JP games most of the time, save some rare exceptions in which the english version is actually good like From games or Nier Automata. Then again, i can't do this here due to the aforementioned problem of no subs in in-game conversations. I hope they'll at the very least fix that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom