• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand jury subpoenas issued in relation to Russian lawyer, Trump Jr. meeting

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-subpoena-idUSKBN1AJ2V0

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Grand jury subpoenas have been issued in connection with the June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr., a Russian lawyer and others, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.

The sources also said special counsel Robert Mueller had convened a grand jury in Washington to investigate allegations of Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections.

giphy.gif

commedieu

Banned
Nothing will happen,

To this thread.

Edit:

Wait was confused thought this was a repost as read it in other thread.

There's a lot going on.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Interesting. I'm too jaded and cynical to think anything will come of this (shrugs; I'm a black dude living in America. My perspective on justice is all fucked up), but I still can't help but hope this is the beginning of the house of cards coming down.

Betty

Banned
Are people still saying nothing will happen? Genuine question here by the way.

Things will happen, will the outcome be impeachment or at least resignation is the big question.

After surviving so much it's not hard to understand people's pessimism with Trump getting any just desserts.

I'm a lot more hopeful now than I was a few moths ago, but nothing is written in stone.

Kthulhu

Things will happen, will the outcome be impeachment or at least resignation is the big question.

After surviving so much it's not hard to understand people's pessimism with Trump getting any just desserts.

I'm a lot more hopeful now than I was a few moths ago, but nothing is written in stone.

History suggests he'd resign if he thinks he'll be voted out of office.

~Kinggi~

Banned
History suggests he'd resign if he thinks he'll be voted out of office.

Ive been saying this since January.

*Snorts line of coke*

AARRGGGHHHHHHHH

*grabs phone*

"My second amendment people, it is time!!!!"

rememeber his base is insane.

Gutek

50% of The_Donald right now:

TIME TO RISE UP MAGA 1776

Other 50% of The_Donald right now:

Hillary will be behind bars soon!

Zolo

He will pardon himself before resigning...

That would be up to the supreme court if he can pardon himself. Ironically, he may need to resign if he wants to be pardoned since a Democrat would almost certainly succeed him.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
When Donald decided to run for president he destroyed his life and his family. May they all rot in jail.

Bixlow

Neo Member
This is a pretty big development and looks like the investigation is actually getting serious with Mueller running the show. Hopefully we get something concrete from this. Although I'm still going to remain skeptical about the Russia allegations till the investigation is complete. Ever since the election, I'm not jumping to conclusions just cause media is pushing certain angles.

chekhonte

I wonder how man additional subpoenas will get issued from what they find in the first batch and so on.

The tweets we will have this weekend.

HylianTom

Banned

I think the Biggest Question of All is this:
Are there ~19 Republican Senators who are willing to vote to remove him from office?

(My own take? I really don't know. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.)

rjinaz

I'd resign if his lawyers try to frame it as a "win"

As long as his mind sees resigning as a "win" then he'll do it

Trump could so easily walk away from the presidency. Just talk about the witch hunt, how congress had it out for him and there needs to be a revolution, and all of his base wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. Bonus, talk about how he has to resign because he has to think about his family and how the evil fbi is trying to destroy them all.

I think the Biggest Question of All is this:
Are there ~19 Republican Senators who are willing to vote to remove him from office?

(My own take? I really don't know. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.)
Im not sure on parliamentary rules but doesn't the speaker have to allow a vote on it first? Meaning Paul ryan

Lubricus

Astrologers are saying since Trump was born during a lunar eclipse, the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21 in the USA will have serious consequences for him.
I guess we can look for something happening on the 21st.

Top Bottom