• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand jury subpoenas issued in relation to Russian lawyer, Trump Jr. meeting

Betty

Banned
I think the Biggest Question of All is this:
Are there ~19 Republican Senators who are willing to vote to remove him from office?

(My own take? I really don't know. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.)

If Trump continues to bleed in the polls and does crazy things like fire Sessions or Muller, I can see a few Republicans flipping on him.

chekhonte

Astrologers are saying since Trump was born during a lunar eclipse, the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21 in the USA will have serious consequences for him.
I guess we can look for something happening on the 21st.

I like how that story is real.

Steel

Banned
And then Trump threw them under the bus.

It's more like Pence threw himself under the bus when he decided to not look at(Or ignore) Trump's statement on the matter. Pence is currently trying to deny reality, like he has done for a long time now.

kai3345

Banned
Astrologers are saying since Trump was born during a lunar eclipse, the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21 in the USA will have serious consequences for him.
I guess we can look for something happening on the 21st.

white man blinking dot gif

chekhonte

Lol, do you have any idea how many times this man has settled a court case?

I know where you're coming from but this situation is totally different. This is in front of the entire world and criminal charges (big presumption I know) and not some civil case in front of his legal team.

i'm very curious, if there is strong evidence of serious crimes how he'll react. Nixon wouldn't even admit to his crimes from what I understand and Trump is a 1000 times more juvenile

RiZ III

The first thing I saw in the Reddit thread about this was federal grand juries indict in 99.99% of cases.

psrez.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are people still saying nothing will happen? Genuine question here by the way.

I do not personally believe this will end with Donald Trump being impeached. I suspect the most likely outcome is a lot of smoke and limited fire, with a handful of mid-level personnel, maybe including Manafort, getting nailed on perjury or obstruction charges and ultimately pardoned. Of course, this does not mean the ongoing investigation has no value: establishing a historical record is important.

If you ask me, I would say there's about a 20% chance Trump will run again and win, a 30% chance he'll run again and lose, maybe a 10% chance he'll declare again but lose in the primaries or drop out because he's going to lose, maybe a 25% chance he'll not run again, a maybe a 10% chance he'll resign early, and a 5% chance that he will die during his current term. So I would place impeachment as a subset of that 10% chance.

Snwaters

"The DOW is at a record high. Mission Accomplished. I MAGA'd. I'm now retiring."
You know the funny thing?

When Trump eventually resigns, it'll be through Twitter. And in keeping with the rest if his presidency, it'll be the first time most of the folks in Washington hear about it.

Meadows

Banned
I wargamed this in my head as well. I'd go 10% chance wins 2020, 40% he loses, 25% he resigns and 25% he is impeached.

By impeach I mean that he resigns just as he about to be impeached (Pence will pardon him a la Ford).

The other resignation scenario is that he gets too stressed from the scrutiny and resigns because of ill health or exhaustion.

Obviously there are GJ mistakes that come to nothing but mueller would not setup a GJ that was going to fail, not with such high stakes.

Btw a GJ is a terrible experience for people pulled in front of it. There is no defense team, the jury is completely in the hands of the prosecution and judge. Proceedings are secret of course. And at the end of the grand jury there are indictments that are highly likely to succeed in the final trial.

I wargamed this in my head as well. I'd go 10% chance wins 2020, 40% he loses, 25% he resigns and 25% he is impeached.

By impeach I mean that he resigns just as he about to be impeached (Pence will pardon him a la Ford).

The other resignation scenario is that he gets too stressed from the scrutiny and resigns because of ill health or exhaustion.

I'm secretly hoping Pence, if given the chance, will pull some House Of Cards shit and say he will pardon him. Then when he's actually in power, Pence goes back on his word and condemns the hell out of Trump and lets him be charged.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Trump know this was coming. I'm also pretty sure this is no vacation he's on. He's trying to get a plan together with his lawyers.

akira28

When Donald decided to run for president he destroyed his life and his family. May they all rot in jail.

there's going to be a wooden raft secretly made by Baron with just enough room for him, his mom, his stuffed lion, and his half-sister Tiffany. while the island volcano starts to erupt they all follow Baron through a series of underground passages.

There will be a scene where just before they hit the water, Ivanka appears to try to take the boat for herself.

When Donald decided to run for president he destroyed his life and his family. May they all rot in jail.

It will never get that far. If Trump is in any danger of going down the Republicans and Democrats will strike a deal to have Trump resign and Pence taking over and that will be the end of Trump's part in everything. The Republicans will get to wash their hands of Trump and Democrats get him out of office. The Democrats going for anything beyond that opens the Pandora's Box of both parties declaring Total War on each other and trying to jail each other. Democrats won't risk that just to repair Hillary's shattered ego.

Now someone like Manafort might get hung out to dry to satisfy Democratic retribution but once they force Trump from office, they will stop pursuit on him.

Geez, today is a day

You know the funny thing?

When Trump eventually resigns, it'll be through Twitter. And in keeping with the rest if his presidency, it'll be the first time most of the folks in Washington hear about it.
I 100% be live this happening if he does

It will never get that far. If Trump is in any danger of going down the Republicans and Democrats will strike a deal to have Trump resign and Pence taking over and that will be the end of Trump's part in everything. The Republicans will get to wash their hands of Trump and Democrats get him out of office. The Democrats going for anything beyond that opens the Pandora's Box of both parties declaring Total War on each other and trying to jail each other. Democrats won't risk that just to repair Hillary's shattered ego.

Now someone like Manafort might get hung out to dry to satisfy Democratic retribution but once they force Trump from office, they will stop pursuit on him.

For the most part since then Iraq War vote there has been open war. I mean before inauguration day, Republicans and it a goal to make Obama a one term president and flat out shouted it from the mountains. I think there are Republicans in Congress tied up in all this, like that Rep from CA, let them get taken down.

Surfinn

I do not personally believe this will end with Donald Trump being impeached. I suspect the most likely outcome is a lot of smoke and limited fire, with a handful of mid-level personnel, maybe including Manafort, getting nailed on perjury or obstruction charges and ultimately pardoned. Of course, this does not mean the ongoing investigation has no value: establishing a historical record is important.

If you ask me, I would say there's about a 20% chance Trump will run again and win, a 30% chance he'll run again and lose, maybe a 10% chance he'll declare again but lose in the primaries or drop out because he's going to lose, maybe a 25% chance he'll not run again, a maybe a 10% chance he'll resign early, and a 5% chance that he will die during his current term. So I would place impeachment as a subset of that 10% chance.
Gunna need some receipts on that math

50% of The_Donald right now:

TIME TO RISE UP MAGA 1776

Other 50% of The_Donald right now:

Hillary will be behind bars soon!

They're trying to refocus this shit onto Susan Rice, the world's second scariest black person. That's desperate.

For the most part since then Iraq War vote there has been open war. I mean before inauguration day, Republicans and it a goal to make Obama a one term president and flat out shouted it from the mountains. I think there are Republicans in Congress tied up in all this, like that Rep from CA, let them get taken down.

Defeating someone in an election is a little different then jailing your already politically fallen enemies. They won't dare cross that line or set off a chain and before you know it there is a ton of jailed politicians on both sides and political discourse in the country destroyed. If Trump is in danger of going down the two parties will make an arrangement to get Trump to resign, Pence will pardon him and that will be it with Manafort and some over mid level guys being the sacrificial lambs to Mueller.

1) This has nothing to do with Hillary.
2) New York AG Schneiderman is still going to go after Trump.

JABEE

I predict Donald Trump will be impeached and he will fight it to the end refusing to bow out. He will take it further than Nixon because Trump is a stupid person.

1) This has nothing to do with Hillary.
2) New York AG Schneiderman is still going to go after Trump.

Schneiderman will be told to back down in that case too or yet again floodgates would be open and you could see Red State AG's going after Democrats. It would be the start of political anarchy and no politician in the position to start that kind of political blood feud would dare because that would be the beginning of the end of political discourse in the country.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
5% chance of death is not at all realistic.
We're talking about a male septuagenarian who is obese and has actively avoided physical activity for his entire adult life.
Plus there's the stress of the office.

Schneiderman will be told to back down in that case too or yet again floodgates would be open and you could see Red State AG's going after Democrats. It would be the start of political anarchy and no politician in the position to start that kind of political blood feud would dare because that would be the beginning of the end of political discourse in the country.

That all politicians are immune from prosecution for crimes would be the end of the American experiment. It's not happening.

Sally Yates for example has prosecuted office holders from both parties in her career.

The funny thing is that the White House admitting that Trump wrote Jr''s Press Release caused this. That made it clearly part of Mueller's investigation. Now he gets to interview every person involved down to the assistants separately. Any inconsistencies will be ferreted out and each lie to an FBI official is a separate 5 year charge.

Then, Mueller gets to sit down with someone and ask them if they would rather spend the next 30 years in prison or play ball.

Pursuing the Rule of Law isn't political anarchy.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Like Republicans are going to honor any such "deals" with Democrats? Come on.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Defeating someone in an election is a little different then jailing your already politically fallen enemies. They won't dare cross that line or set off a chain and before you know it there is a ton of jailed politicians on both sides and political discourse in the country destroyed. If Trump is in danger of going down the two parties will make an arrangement to get Trump to resign, Pence will pardon him and that will be it with Manafort and some over mid level guys being the sacrificial lambs to Mueller.

Not this "both sides" shit again.

One side is full of rampant criminality. Hint: it's not the Democrats.

shiba5

He needs to be thoroughly disgraced so that his gross cult gets demoralized and disengages from politics.

In what deep, dark nether-region are you pulling this from?

Sol Mori

I would like to welcome you to the current year of 2017. I'm not sure which timeline you're posting from, but the GOP has been on the path of destroying political discourse for decades now.

Hell they have a caucus in the house (House Freedom Caucus) that is trying their best to destroy the US Government and make the lives of millions of Americans worse.

Snaku

Banned
The other day Al Gore said the next couple of months were going to be very difficult for the country. I don't think he was just talking out his ass.

Top Bottom