• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 04.02: "The Lost & Damned" (!!Official Thread!!)

voltron said:
WHY THE FUCK IS MY DOWNLOAD SITTING ON 8% AND PENDING, WHILE IM ON THE FUCKING DASHBOARD.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think it just says pending even if you are downloading. At least mine was saying that and it was still downloading. Unless you are actually installing something to the hard drive at the same time.

voltron

Stoney Mason said:
I think it just says pending even if you are downloading. At least mine was saying that and it was still downloading. Unless you are actually installing something to the hard drive at the same time.

Ok yeah youre right. Because I just went to the avatar screen and it did stop the download and it said "This download is pending" rather than just "Pending". No really, so very clear Microsoft.

I guess its just going hella slow too.

Tokubetsu

BenjaminBirdie said:
WOOOO great intro, man.

Fucking rad.

Turn off the "Noise Filter" under Display, BUH-RUHTHAS.

Haven't started yet but i actually dig grain filters. I fucking love it in L4D and im pretty sure I'll like it here.

Kabouter

Already spotted the first improvement over the original, Highway Star on Liberty Rock.
BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh, and the intro has the killerest little Niko cameo. Blink and you miss it.
Shit, missed it :(

Feindflug

p3tran said:
THIS ITEM ISNT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR CURRENT LOCATION

fuck you microsoft
athens, greece

WTF MS? Well as long as they don't want my money they can go f*ck themselves...their loss.

*waits for the Tomb Raider Underworld DLC*

Shinjitsu

Banned
hell yes, between this and Burnout paradise and Street Fighter 4 I might be able to stop my wow addiction! Wish me luck!!=)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hopefully the main character doesnt complete fall apart. They also really need to introduce more choice into the story. Has there been any mention of this?

p3tran

Banned
Feindflug said:
p3tran said:
THIS ITEM ISNT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR CURRENT LOCATION

fuck you microsoft
athens, greece

WTF MS? Well as long as they don't want my money they can go f*ck themselves...their loss.

*waits for the Tomb Raider Underworld DLC*

its not as simple as 'get another dlc for another game'

the best 360 games have their downloadable content locked in greece, WHILE THE GAMES ARE SOLD ON EVERY FUCKING STORE!

this has happened again with gears 1, gears 2 and more.
I even got the fucking L.E. version of gears2 with codes for downloading old stages and golden shitgun,
and I type the codes and I get "THIS ITEM ISNT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR CURRENT LOCATION" shit!

I mean, COME ON!!! ARE MONKEYS RUNNING THE XBOXLIVE DEPARTMENT?!?!?

all you microsoft people lurking in here, maybe you think its time to fix this shit??!

Johnny's a bit of a blah character so far, but Billy is fucking fantastic.

Note: It still pulls from your original 12 Save Slots, it doesn't start a new set.

I just did the first mission, which shows you the ropes of riding in a pack, and gives you your new Sawed Off. The bike handling is fine, although staying in a pack is sometimes not worth the hassle. I can't remember all this metal being in IV, but the rock station is fucking perfect.

Anyway, after the intro and a great character like Billy, GTAIV is totally back to top form. I know the fact that this is a separate game sticks in people's craw, but there's so many additions to the gameplay that it would be kind of strange if you could just switch to Niko automatically. It's a different story.

Hm. Maybe one more mission....

;D

Interesting. It automatically loads up TLAD if that's your most recent save. I'm guessing if you load up a Save from IV it will just jump into IV.

Sean

Banned
Odd that you cannot download from Marketplace and install a game to the hard drive at the same time. I'm installing GTAIV right now and I popped open the guide to check my download progress and it's listed as "Pending". Ah well, shouldn't take too long.

The download is 1.78 GB btw.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Mutiplayer has search filters under preferences, one of them is about Auto-Aim.

Thank god Auto-Aim ruined mutiplayer for me.

Feindflug

p3tran said:
its not as simple as 'get another dlc for another game'

the best 360 games have their downloadable content locked in greece, WHILE THE GAMES ARE SOLD ON EVERY FUCKING STORE!

this has happened again with gears 1, gears 2 and more.
I even got the fucking L.E. version of gears2 with codes for downloading old stages and golden shitgun,
and I type the codes and I get "THIS ITEM ISNT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR CURRENT LOCATION" shit!

I mean, COME ON!!! ARE MONKEYS RUNNING THE XBOXLIVE DEPARTMENT?!?!?

all you microsoft people lurking in here, maybe you think its time to fix this shit??!

I can understand your rage because I'm living in Greece too and saw all this region bs thing from the start but there's nothing we can do, when MS doesn't want our money it's their loss - we've made various posts regarding that matter here in Gaf but it seems that they simply don't give a shit...maybe it's because the userbase/audience is small here in Greece I don't know...the fact is that we can't do anything about it so chill and move on, there's no point in making further complaints as long as they are aware of the situation.

Also that's the final post from me on this thread about this crap, mainly because there are people here that simply want to discuss about the game and not the stupid decisions from MS.

Gowans

I still have a couple of hours of GTAIV lefts but fired this up before work this morning and really got sucked in doing the first few missions.

The gang characters are great, should tie well with the crew mechanic for the missions and you know that gang are gonna get in some serious shit.

Crashing in the bikes feel a little safer and already after failing the 2nd mission the mid mission checkpoints improvement came into play :D.

Also I normally prefer the noise filter on (Left it on Mass Effect) but with GTA TLAD I have turned if off and prefer it.

One more mission for me too ;)

Followup: Autosave DOES NOT overwrite your IV Autosave. Yay!

'Angels In America' proves it's still pretty hard to shoot and ride a bike. Focus on killing everyone ASAP. Save yourself the heartache.

Gowans

:lol I've just put on the tv and watched some red neck space rangers cartoon with guys in Halo Spartan type suits shooting up friendly aliens.

Tokubetsu

BenjaminBirdie said:
Followup: Autosave DOES NOT overwrite your IV Autosave. Yay!

'Angels In America' proves it's still pretty hard to shoot and ride a bike. Focus on killing everyone ASAP. Save yourself the heartache.

I never had a problem =/

Brashnir

Gowans007 said:
:lol I've just put on the tv and watched some red neck space rangers cartoon with guys in Halo Spartan type suits shooting up friendly aliens.

That was in the original game - Unless you mean there's new Republican Space Rangers episodes now.

Deacan

Everytime I load GTA now it does not give me the option to load Lost & Damned just goes right into GTA4.

Proc

Ugh had to bend over and buy 300 extra points, oh well; it'll be a dlc season with sf4, fallout 3 and gears of war 2 (single player dlc).

I could have waited to buy a points card but I woke up early today so I figured why not.

The game is installing to my hdd now. I'm so glad I have reading week : )

Deacan

Ah you go into Options then click New game, it lets you select GTA4 or The Lost & Damned.

voltron

Sean said:
Odd that you cannot download from Marketplace and install a game to the hard drive at the same time. I'm installing GTAIV right now and I popped open the guide to check my download progress and it's listed as "Pending". Ah well, shouldn't take too long.

The download is 1.78 GB btw.

See my posts above. That means its downloading. If it says "This game is pending", it means its pending. If it just says "Pending" it means its downloading.

Brilliant.

Proc

voltron said:
See my posts above. That means its downloading. If it says "This game is pending", it means its pending. If it just says "Pending" it means its downloading.

Brilliant.

gotta love coder logic lol

Omikaru

So I'm downloading this now. Does GAF suggest I install my copy of GTA IV for The Lost and The Damned, or will it not matter too much?

Proc

Omikaru said:
So I'm downloading this now. Does GAF suggest I install my copy of GTA IV for The Lost and The Damned, or will it not matter too much?

You might as well. I'd imagine it would result in quick load times. Not to mention a quieter 360 over the 10 hours of gameplay.

Sean

Banned
Neat intro scene, they drive past
Niko who is walking down a sidewalk and gets yelled at by some random pedestrian
. Turned off the grain filter right away, didn't like it.

The gameplay mechanic where you ride inside your biker crew formation to recover health is pretty neat, hopefully that's not just for the tutorial part. I got the 1% achievement after like 15-20 minutes (at least it seemed that way), calling it a night and will play the rest later.

Frenck

Banned
Wowzers. doesn't feel like a cheap DLC episode at all. More like a new game in the series.

One minor and so far my only complaint: I don't like the new handling of the bikes. Feels a bit too safe. Where's the risk?

Top Bottom