• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAVITY RUSH Remaster has appeared on Korean Game Rating Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAA

Why?

Really don't get this line of thinking and quite frankly I'm tired of the "EXCLUSIVES, EXCLUSIVES, list wars etc" discussion infecting multiple threads.

And I have a PS Vita and don't own a PS4 for the record. How anyone think a game expanding to more platforms, without taking anything away from the original version on the original platform is mind-boggling to me. In an ideal world, everything would be multiplatform without much proprietary games for proprietary hardware.

If you bought a PS Vita specifically for Gravity Rush expecting it to be the only way to be able to play that game, okay, I can understand your annoyance then. Buying a handheld without valuing its portable form-factor and just buying it to play a couple of exclusives seems a bit stupid to me, but whatever.

It's not exactly that I'm sad the game isnt exclusive, as I said, I'm sure it's great for GR in particular as it'll have a better chance to widen the possibilities of the game and the audience of course. I'm just sad for the Vita. I think exclusives are it's best shots at increasing the userbase, and it's losing all of them one by one. Increasing the userbase means it can push more developers to make something exclusively for it, meaning we can get more game's pushing the limits of what the Vita can do, which sadly it feels very few games have actually done. I can't see indies pushing the Vita userbase since they're usually on consoles and PC too, though some will value that they can play such games portably and perhaps buy it for that reason. Remote play possibly being the other.

For the record too I actually own both a PS4/Vita, possible I will double dip on PS4 too depending how it is and how it's priced and etc., just fed up of Vita losing all of it's "hooks" to get people to actually buy one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not exactly that I'm sad the game isnt exclusive, as I said, I'm sure it's great for GR in particular as it'll have a better chance to widen the possibilities of the game and the audience of course. I'm just sad for the Vita. I think exclusives are it's best shots at increasing the userbase, and it's losing all of them one by one. Increasing the userbase means it can push more developers to make something exclusively for it, meaning we can get more game's pushing the limits of what the Vita can do, which sadly it feels very few games have actually done. I can't see indies pushing the Vita userbase since they're usually on consoles and PC too, though some will value that they can play such games portably and perhaps buy it for that reason. Remote play possibly being the other.

For the record too I actually own both a PS4/Vita, possible I will double dip on PS4 too depending how it is and how it's priced and etc., just fed up of Vita losing all of it's "hooks" to get people to actually buy one.
Sony gave up on the Vita ages ago and an old launch title that few people have heard of is going to convince people to buy one. Hell, they gave away the game for a year on PS+ and it didn't move any more units (along with almost the entire launch line up).

Right now the only reason to own a Vita is for portable versions of indie games you already have or JRPGs/VNs that will never be put out on PS4. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's just the reality of the matter now.

Shin-Ra

I wonder if Kat's PlayStation All-Stars model was built from scratch or a high-res Japan Studio model.

TbjV1V.png

Her face (usually least accurate) is very accurate. Dusty's head is too big and round though.

I want this game more than any other right now. I've had such an itch to revisit it, but I can't knowing a remaster is around the corner.

Three years sounds like a long time to leave a hook in the water without a bite. I'd probably reel it in and try a better spot if it was me.

Shin-Ra

GD's image quality's bad enough that if you have a stable LAN, Remote Playing the PS4 remaster at 60fps could actually be preferable.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hope there is an announcement at TGS or something, i'd love to see this out sooner rather than later

I love Gravity Rush, and I kinda loved that it was the poster child for Vita. I'd be a bit sad if Gravity Rush 2 onwards were just PS4 games.

But honestly, at this point, I'm just happy the game exists at all. And would definitely buy a PS4 remaster in a heartbeat, I loved the first game (minus the slightly annoying combat in certain places).

dmshaposv

Sony japan studio should poach kojima and let him lead them, once he leaves konami.

Kojima has solid skills as a lead developer employing western techniques of game development. We could do with a game from them every so often - rather than wait out an entire console gen.

Reset

Sony Japan studio isn't only Team Ico. They released bunch of games for the PS3/Vita. And they already released a game for the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom