• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

I want to gift someone Renegade Ops, but I'm not sure how do preorders work in GMG. They have to wait for the game to be released before sending the Steam keys, don't they? If that's the case, I'll have to warn that person... But I wanted to surprise him :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
WaywardGMG said:
Hey all - Rob here (James made his own account which is pending validation)

The voucher will work for most games on site, but not games we're already discounting heavily. So, no, it won't work for Battlefield 3.

I was hoping to give some copies away here on NeoGAF but I'm not sure of the rules of doing so. Can I make a thread and run a competition, or is that not allowed?

just let bish or evillore kno ur starting a contest. also glad to see some EA games are up.

Anilusion

Maladict said:
Hey Rob. Does that mean that there won't be any viable vouchers for the BF3 until after it's released, or is it just the current code?

I would like to know this as well. If you will have a discount code I'll cancel my current preorder for you.

Derrick01

Banned
Hey Rob I know you guys recently commented on the Bethesda situation but how's things going with THQ? Any chance we'll see Saints Row put up before its release?

Meier

I went here last night since I had seen them mentioned on GAF and got excited when their site said 40% off Football Manager 12. Unfortunately the price still said $40 at the product page itself. Disappointing. :(

Card Boy

Banned
WaywardGMG said:
Hey all - Rob here (James made his own account which is pending validation)

The voucher will work for most games on site, but not games we're already discounting heavily. So, no, it won't work for Battlefield 3.

I was hoping to give some copies away here on NeoGAF but I'm not sure of the rules of doing so. Can I make a thread and run a competition, or is that not allowed?
I think you need to get the OK from a mod, just send a PM to any online Mods.

Benedict

Haven't has the time to check this out myself, but according to a friend, GMG have removed all their blogposts about EA and shut down their entire forum...
Edit: at least that was the case 7hrs ago.

Benedict said:
Haven't has the time to check this out myself, but according to a friend, GMG have removed all their blogposts about EA and shut down their entire forum...
Edit: at least that was the case 7hrs ago.
That seems to be the case. Very weird behaviour when all we want is give them our money :p

So, is there any word from GMG on when and if the EA games will be avalible for sale for us mere mortals? I need to know if i should get BF3 from them or from another retailer.

WaywardGMG

Neo Member
Hey guys - James here! I've appropriated Rob's account until mine is activated to keep everyone clued in to the goings on. Our forums are back up now for business.

As for the Sonic Generations page - there was a small technical hitch with our product page. We'll probably make a tiny announcement via Twitter or something saying when it's available.

As for EA, we will have their titles on sale but in the UK only, and will be continuing to add more during our 10 day EA promotional campaign. We won't be leaving the rest of the world behind though - we'll likely have a voucher up and running before too long. We'll also be starting to add Rockstar titles at somepoint soon :)

WaywardGMG

Neo Member
nemesun said:
By the by James, are we ever going to see Bastion on GMG?

We are, yes :) It'd be nigh impossible to give you a timeframe though - there's plenty of titles we're working on getting up at the moment.

Card Boy

Banned
When is Risen 2 going up for pre-order James? Also are you getting the Deus EX: HR DLC 'The Missing Link'? Dare i ask about Hard Reset? Any other Indie titles we can look forward to?

Sorry for the questions! By the way Greenman Gamings support team>Steams support team. You and Rob singlehandedly put Valve to shame.

nemesun

WaywardGMG said:
We are, yes :) It'd be nigh impossible to give you a timeframe though - there's plenty of titles we're working on getting up at the moment.
I purposely didn't purchase it from Steam so I could buy it from your store but with the way things are going I fear Steam winter sale is just around the corner and it might be too late by then. Cheers anyway.

Relax.MX

With all the respects this page need a lot of work...have to much tecnical problems..

And i already buy like a 5 games, but always is a fight to buy, or for information...(and is not Mexican friendly)

Derrick01

Banned
Man I really wish they had Skyrim or Saints Row 3 up so I can use that code, or even something smaller like Bastion. Batman for $29 is grossly tempting but...I need mah Steam.

WaywardGMG

Neo Member
Hi all! James again :)

Just to let everyone know (although I see someone diligent already has!) that we have a voucher running for this week that will expire midnight on Monday (UTC). 20% and applies to almost everything on the site :D

The only one it won't apply to is FM2012 to my knowledge because if we were to do that we'd make a loss.

To try and answer everyone's questions:
- Deus Ex DLC will be going up :) Sometime soon I expect
- Risen 2: Rob says we'll have it at some point. Quite a while til release though!
- LA Noire should be up sometime though I don't know when. I'll hazard an educated guess and say it won't be until after our current promotion though, but I'm sure we'll have another promo running by then!
- Sonic Gen: There's been a lot of press about it saying it will use Steamworks etc. I'm waiting until I get direct confirmation of whether or not our copy will have it so as to avoid any confusion! There will probably be a message on our forums once I know :)

Hope that helps! Yikes.. big post is big.
/J

TimmiT

WaywardGMG said:
- Sonic Gen: There's been a lot of press about it saying it will use Steamworks etc. I'm waiting until I get direct confirmation of whether or not our copy will have it so as to avoid any confusion! There will probably be a message on our forums once I know :)
Seeing how Steamworks is used for one of the game's features (leaderboards), I doubt that there will be a version without it.

Any info on when or if Hard Reset is going to be put up?

NZNova

I ordered Renegade Ops ages ago and it's finally available, but the Download button on My Games page just takes me to their "how to activate a product on Steam" page and there's no activation key in sight.

EDIT: Looks like the game just isn't available yet on Steam. Weird that the download page tells me I can download it. :/

TimmiT

NZNova said:
I ordered Renegade Ops ages ago and it's finally available, but the Download button on My Games page just takes me to their "how to activate a product on Steam" page and there's no activation key in sight.

EDIT: Looks like the game just isn't available yet on Steam. Weird that the download page tells me I can download it. :/
The game isn't out yet, it was delayed to October 19th the day before it was supposed to be released. GMG hasn't updated the release date yet.

Top Bottom