• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

O.DOGG

Been waiting for less than $5 deal to pick it up and bought it with the 30% code. So far a good clone of Gears of War (with horrible voice recognition system).

Yes, the voice recognition sucks big time but it's got some great characters :)

jediyoshi

Been waiting for less than $5 deal to pick it up and bought it with the 30% code. So far a good clone of Gears of War (with horrible voice recognition system).

Takes a few seconds to disable. If that's the biggest gripe that's caught your eye, you'll be in for a better time than any gears.

Does mr. greenman still post here? I was wondering if all the King's Bounty games register on steam? I see that The Legend says requires a steam account but Armored Princess doesn't say that, so I am presuming that means I have to download off their program?

didamangi

Does mr. greenman still post here? I was wondering if all the King's Bounty games register on steam? I see that The Legend says requires a steam account but Armored Princess doesn't say that, so I am presuming that means I have to download off their program?

Yeah, you have to use capsule for it. Better wait for a steam version for armored princess though. I don't know what drm is in the GMG version but I bought armored princess from get games and it comes with starforce drm limited activation and deactivation. The steam version on the other hand doesn't have starforce drm.

Yeah, you have to use capsule for it. Better wait for a steam version for armored princess though. I don't know what drm is in the GMG version but I bought armored princess from get games and it comes with starforce drm limited activation and deactivation. The steam version on the other hand doesn't have starforce drm.

Dang, yea I was hoping it would activate on steam. Should have bought it last winter sale for 75% off.

Same thing just happened to me, was trying to buy Tiny & Big with paypal from Australia and no luck. Thing is it's not the first thing I've bought from them on that account using paypal. Oh well...

I know self-quoting is horrible, but I was able to fix the issue by changing the funding source in paypal from default instant bank transfer to my credit card. Might help AUSGAF at least!

DOA

i just hate the cash/credit back. i've planned to use my 35% code to buy Metro Last night, but they changed it to cash back a while back and i can't use this code (which will run out tomorrow :( )

they need to stop those things quickly. i think that ppl want discounts on their current purchases, not their future ones.

Shaneus

Card Boy

Banned
How much is it? In Australia (where it's "XCOM: Enemy Unknown (ANZ)") it's showing up as $35.99 AFTER 50% discount :/

Fuck regional pricing.

I know we shouldn't have to resort to this, but use a Proxy site. It's how i avoid all Greenman Gamings BS lately. They are turning into a mini-Steam (the good and the bad)

glaurung

How much is it? In Australia (where it's "XCOM: Enemy Unknown (ANZ)") it's showing up as $35.99 AFTER 50% discount :/

Fuck regional pricing.
Yeah, get TunnelBear and set yourself up for US. The free version gets you enough bytes to make all your purchases and never suffer regional concentration camp syndrome again.

There are multiple items in the GMG database that don't even show up using the search when you're in the wrong IP range. Good recent example: LEGO Lord of the Rings.

NBtoaster

Fuck regional pricing.

2K Games are now regionally priced on GMG. It wasn't when I got Borderlands 2 at launch.

GMG will lose all my business if more publishers follow. I go there to escape the Aussie tax.

lexi

Banned

Fuck regional pricing.

More like Fuck 2K games and fuck the retail stores. I don't mind slight variations in regional prices, but the outright extortion we Aussies are seeing is making my blood boil.

Card Boy

Banned
More like Fuck 2K games and fuck the retail stores. I don't mind slight variations in regional prices, but the outright extortion we Aussies are seeing is making my blood boil.

Pretty much and our dollar has being at parity with the US dollar for almost 3 years now there really isn't any excuse for it.

lexi

Banned
Pretty much and our dollar has being at parity with the US dollar for almost 3 years now there really isn't any excuse for it.

Not for digital games, either. It costs less than peanuts to distribute the game to me, what the fuck am I paying for in these instances?

1GBoj

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah, get TunnelBear and set yourself up for US. The free version gets you enough bytes to make all your purchases and never suffer regional concentration camp syndrome again.

There are multiple items in the GMG database that don't even show up using the search when you're in the wrong IP range. Good recent example: LEGO Lord of the Rings.

Wow. Cheers for this, what an awesome little program. Now i don't have to go Proxy sites :)

Shaneus

Damn, completely forgot I had a VPN connection already configured on my PC. Now can see that there's a $20 difference, even AFTER the 50% discount.

Fuck 2K. Missed the CoD sale, too :/

dmr87

Copy paste from the blog for those that haven't read it, few hours left on the Friday deals.

The 30% code once again - GMG30-DPLIM-DN831
Pick up XCOM if you haven't already!

Friday 28th December

50% off XCOM Enemy Unknown
66% off Worms Ultimate Mayhem and WormsCrazy Golf
Great Savings of up to 75% off on the Total War Series

Saturday 29th December

75% off Spec Ops: The Line
75% off Renegade Ops
75% off Crusader Kings 2

Sunday 30th December

85% Off Civ 5 Gods and Kings

inm8num2

Well, the problem with that is most people use GMG to buy Steam keys. It seems few actually use the GMG Capsule client for non-Steam games.

tauke

Spec Ops: The Line is $5.25 and Alpha Protocol for $2.62 after using the 30% code.

Spend more money on GMG than on Steam for this holiday sales.

Megasoum

Banned
Well, the problem with that is most people use GMG to buy Steam keys. It seems few actually use the GMG Capsule client for non-Steam games.

This is actually a good thing for them. Using capsule means using their bandwidth. With steam key it doesn't cost them anything once it's sold.

emag

This is actually a good thing for them. Using capsule means using their bandwidth. With steam key it doesn't cost them anything once it's sold.

How much does GMG pay Valve to obtain Steam keys? Half their commission? 30% of their selling price? 30% of Steam's price for the game?

Heh I just realized I have a key for Arkham City that I bought/preordered off GMG before they confirmed that it's not the steam version.

If only I could trade it in :(

anyone have experience with their support? payment was declined and bank claimed they never even received a charge request. something on their end they can fix or is this just a standard problem for this site?

tauke

anyone have experience with their support? payment was declined and bank claimed they never even received a charge request. something on their end they can fix or is this just a standard problem for this site?

I encountered the same problem too and use Paypal instead for payment. Never contacted their support though.

Top Bottom