• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Ended up trading in games just a couple of days before to get XCOM for $14.99. I regret it now that I saw that GMG price. :/

Thread title of the Steam thread should be "Wait for the GMG Daily Deals"

KissVibes

Banned
Blech. Spec Ops for $5.25 is a damn good deal. Too bad I only have $.30 in my PayPal account and wont get paid until the 3rd. I guess I'll just pick up that Amazon bundle if it's still active and give away Bioshock 1.

dani_dc

Same, only Spec Ops is 75% off for me. Could be a region restriction maybe, I'll try twitter.

I'm only seeing Spec Ops at 75% off as well, I think someone failed to push the right buttons on the other two games.

Think I'll pick it up, 3.5 euros is the right amount for me to bite.

mneuro

Made the transaction with close to a minute left. Thanks for being quick mneuro.

Any other interesting deals here for this and the next few days?

No problem! I'm curious about the same thing. Any other crazy deals like this and the $5 Spec Ops deal would interest me.

Blech. Spec Ops for $5.25 is a damn good deal. Too bad I only have $.30 in my PayPal account and wont get paid until the 3rd. I guess I'll just pick up that Amazon bundle if it's still active and give away Bioshock 1.

Just being incredibly presumptuous but I'd quite like the Bioshock 1 if you're giving it away, I only have the sequel. I can trade for... erm... Offspring Fling or DOTA 2, lol.

Feel free to ignore.

KissVibes

Banned
Just being incredibly presumptuous but I'd quite like the Bioshock 1 if you're giving it away, I only have the sequel. I can trade for... erm... Offspring Fling or DOTA 2, lol.

Feel free to ignore.

You can have it if the deal is still good on the 3rd. You don't need to give me anything in return.

lexi

Banned
Well, Spec Ops shows up as a deal for me but clicking 'Buy now' takes me to a page where there is actually no link or way to purchase it.

I VPN'ed into it and sure enough, it shows up. I'm really getting tired of the lengths I have to go to buy games at fair prices.

Fake edit: Oh cool, check out doesn't' work under a VPN with either Paypal or a Credit Card. I'd rather just not play the game. Another lost sale, 2K Games.

had all sorts of dramas getting this thing to work - I just set up a new ID and just bought bastion and metro 2033 for $4.20 each.

I wonder now if I can buy xcom? Now that it works.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Love to see people want Alpha Protocol. Too bad it never met expectations. All I can say is I beat it twice and was on a third veteran run and not a lot of games make me want to do that.

Being from the US, is it possible for me to get Far Cry 3 from GMG? A VPN works up until checkout, but the payment process fails. If there's no other option, I've got Paypal available if someone's willing to help me out.

Card Boy

Banned
Being from the US, is it possible for me to get Far Cry 3 from GMG? A VPN works up until checkout, but the payment process fails. If there's no other option, I've got Paypal available if someone's willing to help me out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45851794&postcount=2319

This is legit, no need for proxys anymore. You can turn the program off and on. Just open it when you want to buy from GMG, so it doesn't even have to run in the taskbar 24/7.

Heres a little preview.

ayKt.png

That's exactly what I used when I tried a bit earlier. As I said, it works up until the payment is actually processed, even regardless of the payment method.

What country did you set the VPN to? I just tried TunnelBear set to the UK but I couldn't find FC3 in the search and by clicking a direct link to the page there was no option to add it to the cart.

edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and missed your followup post. Don't know why I can't add the game to my cart then.

I set it to the UK. For some reason signing in to my existing account defaulted me to the US region, so I made a new one. If you still see prices in dollars, try that. Restarting your browser with the VPN already active might also help.

Wasn't logged into an account, tried 2 different browsers, and all of the prices were in GBP. Just tried it again though and this time it worked, so now I'm really confused, but whatever. Now it's just a matter of trying to figure out how to buy it.
Edit: So, I was able to go through the checkout up until I finished the paypal part and had to go back to GMG and the browser is unable to load the page. Is this where you're getting hung up on too?

Tried it again leaving the VPN on and got a little bit further - this time to the "Hang on we're processing your order" page, only for it to drop the connection again on the next redirect. Maybe it'll go through eventually if I were to keep trying, but I don't have the patience for this right now. Oh well.

I don't get these gaming websites, do they run themselves? I wonder how hard it would be to have one or two people who're paid and in charge of checking each deal as it goes live. Gamersgate could have saved a lot of money and face, and now greenmangaming could have either corrected their sale or posted an apology for advertising the wrong games.

I guess when the internet gets fast enough and spontaneously develops consciousness this kind of thing won't happen any more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's impossible to purchase something from a foreign GMG store using a proxy/VPN. I tried a variety of tricks back when Dishonored was half off and the discount code of the time stacked (converted to approx. AUD$17), but payment processing always proved to be the proverbial brick wall.

Echoplx

It's impossible to purchase something from a foreign GMG store using a proxy/VPN. I tried a variety of tricks back when Dishonored was half off and the discount code of the time stacked (converted to approx. AUD$17), but payment processing always proved to be the proverbial brick wall.

I just bought XCOM yesterday using Spotflux. Added to cart, disabled Spotflux then pressed checkout and it went through fine.

JaseC

I just bought XCOM yesterday using Spotflux. Added to cart, disabled Spotflux then pressed checkout and it went through fine.

I tried that but the checkout system spat the dummy and I got a myriad of errors telling me an error had occurred because my basket was empty. :( I'll give it another crack when Dishonored shows up again.

Gods and Kings deal is up.

3.15 $/€ with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Took me 5 tries but it finally processed, they must be getting hit hard.

It even let me buy the region free one no issues even though I could see the ANZ version there for twice the price :/

Refused to take Paypal at all.

Shaneus

Took me 5 tries but it finally processed, they must be getting hit hard.

It even let me buy the region free one no issues even though I could see the ANZ version there for twice the price :/

Refused to take Paypal at all.
How can you see the region free one? I can only see the ANZ one for ~$7 (without the code)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got God and Kings for $2.15 thanks to $1 free trade in credit.

That is a pretty good deal.

JaseC

I tried that but the checkout system spat the dummy and I got a myriad of errors telling me an error had occurred because my basket was empty. :( I'll give it another crack when Dishonored shows up again.

Tried to purchase the US version of Civ V: G&K but got a payment authorisation error.

Edit: \/ Oh, so you have to use PayPal? Noted.

Schlomo

I used TunnelBear to get XCOM yesterday too via PayPal. It's not impossible.

And I tried with Hotspot Shield and Spotflux in vain for half an hour, only to find that after turning both off the website would allow me to buy at dollar prices from Germany via PayPal. THAT's how fucked up their site is.

Top Bottom