• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

dmr87

The 20% code seems to work with most big games, you also get cash back/GMG credit, sick deals.

Tried with Crysis 3, Sim City, Tomb Raider, Colonial Marines, DMC, Dead Space 3 and Metro Last Light.

Doesn't seem to work with Bioshock Infinite.

Lingitiz

Coupon doesn't work for me with Devil May Cry.

Or Tomb Raider.

Make sure there aren't any spaces after the coupon. That always screws it up for me. It seems to work for me now. DMC is $40 with $3 dollar credit. Tomb Raider at $36 with $2 dollar credit. There will probably be a 25% down the line. Not bad but I wish the vouchers would work on Bioshock.

jrcbandit

got DMC for $40 with $3 credit

Same.

Thanks for the heads up that vouchers finally work again. I guess they didn't want it working/stacking for when people still had 35% off vouchers. I dunno if this voucher is re-usable, but I am tempted to get a few more games. I am just not sure how good the new Aliens is going to be or if it would be better to play on WiiU with the radar on the gamepad. Crysis 2 kinda sucked so I am not that hopeful about 3, Deadspace 3's reliance on Co-op and moving away from horror makes me wonder if it will be another Resident Evil 6-like fiasco. Well I went ahead and preordered DS3 anyway and the voucher is re-usable.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Make sure there isn't an extra space at the back end of the code. That is how I got it to work.

If he's getting the "You have no items which this coupon applies to" error rather than "You have entered an invalid code" (excuse the paraphrasing), then the SKU has been flagged to not work with discount codes.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there a list somewhere of how much credits we are supposed to get for each pre-order games? Cause right now, when I put them in my cart, they give me 2$ credit for Deadspace or 3$ credit with Southpark... Wtf...

JamesGMG

Banned
You can get DMC for $37.50 at checkout using GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1 and you can get $2 back or $3 GMG credit back.

What this guy said :) There's a list of the games you can use it on on our blog.

I'm making a New Year's Resolution to be around here and post a bit more in case anyone has any questions and stuff, and also to share deals when you guys don't beat me to it ;)

-James

Addnan

DmC and Bioshock Infinite for £22.50 each with GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1. Will probably buy it this weekend. Seems like a good price for those two.

JamesGMG

Banned
DmC and Bioshock Infinite for £22.50 each with GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1. Will probably buy it this weekend. Seems like a good price for those two.

I think so - perhaps I'm biased though(!)

Important note for any excited readers: sadly the offer isn't available on BioShock in North America.

dmr87

One to make your weekend brighter! We've got a 25% off voucher available on selected pre-purchase games at Green Man Gaming, until 1600 GMT January 18th.

GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1

The Cave
BioShock Infinite (Offer not available in North America)
Rush Bros
DMC: Devil May Cry
Metro: Last Light

Omertà: City of Gangsters
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Crysis 3*
Dead Space 3*
SimCity Limited Edition*

Dead Island: Riptide
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Company of Heroes 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth

Cashback is also available on ALL of those pre-purchase titles above except The Cave, Rush Bros, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2.

*Regional restrictions apply as usual on EA titles.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/01/25-prepurchase-voucher.html

mandiller

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Sim City with that 25% off code. The game isn't available on the Australian GMG, but if I use a proxy and order it i'll eventually get a US key to use on Origin right? Do you think I'd be able to redeem an Origin key from another region?

King_Moc

Banned
Does GMG charge your card when you make the order, or when they email you the code? There's a whole bunch on that list that i'd happily preorder.

JordanKZ

I managed to get DMC and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for £35 yesterday evening with that 25% off code. Amazingly good deal.

JaseC

Has GMG addressed why it's slashed the credit/cash-back offers? Looking through the blog it seems the reduction was a gradual process that took place over the course of less than a month; for example, full-price games originally net you up to $15 credit, then up to $10, and now up to $3. No doubt this was done to increase profit margins, but I'm curious as to whether the move has been formally discussed or just implemented surreptitiously.

Edit: Seems to be a GMG AU regression (thanks to DoctorWho for the inadvertent assist). Sigh.

Shaneus

Confirmed that it is the actual date :)
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Now, to confirm... when it says "midnight", what region is that in? I'm in Australia and I know it's a long ways off, but I know I'll get antsy when the end of the month comes :/

JaseC

The best price would be if you use this coupon: GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1
25% off

His profile mentions he's in Toronto, and discount codes don't work on 2K pre-orders in North America, so unfortunately the best price is entirely dependent on whether he chooses $1 cash back ($59 effective) or $2 store credit ($58 effective).

Edit: Beaten by the doc himself.

His profile mentions he's in Toronto, and discount codes don't work on 2K pre-orders in North America, so unfortunate the best price is entirely dependent on whether he chooses $1 cash back ($59 effective) or $2 store credit ($58 effective).

Edit: Beaten by the doc himself.

Oddly, it's still offering me $7/$15.

Shaneus

Oh god, the Aussie Tax has mutated and is now slaying pre-order incentives.
Oh god, you have to be kidding me. Why on earth would it affect those, surely that's something that *is* in GMGs control? I don't understand how they're being forced to charge more, yet even as a fraction relative to the total amount we're getting exponentially less?

Just as well I wasn't looking at getting any 2K games in a hurry... that's a joke on the distributors part :/

JamesGMG

Banned
I'm thinking of pre-ordering Sim City with that 25% off code. The game isn't available on the Australian GMG, but if I use a proxy and order it i'll eventually get a US key to use on Origin right? Do you think I'd be able to redeem an Origin key from another region?

I couldn't possibly comment on this, as officially we don't encourage/advocate VPN usage. It can sometimes cause problems where people order a game "from one region" and then it fails to activate in their true region.

Can the preorder purchases be gifted to another?

If it's a Steam / Origin key you can just give it to your friend, but bear in mind that you can only purchase one copy of a game per account on GMG.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Now, to confirm... when it says "midnight", what region is that in? I'm in Australia and I know it's a long ways off, but I know I'll get antsy when the end of the month comes :/

Typically keys are sent out around 0200 GMT on the day of release listed on our page (unless that date changes), so a quick time conversion should let you know approximately when you'd get it. Bear in mind though it can take a few hours for keys to fully populate.

As far as the BioShock offers go, we weren't able to offer the 25% voucher in North America (no vouchers will redeem on the NA version). That's why the reward levels for North America are at $7/$15. Conversely the rewards are much lower in the rest of world because they can use the 25% code. I hope this helps.

-James

Top Bottom