• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

dreamfall

Alright, totally bought Omerta for $25.50.

I haven't bought a game before release in a very long time, but these 25% off deals + it being on sale to begin with seemed like a bargain.

JDSN

Banned
I have a horrible feeling about Omerta, it got everything I want from this kind of genre, at least until Dead State is out, but it strikes me that the game is gonna be broken gameplay-wise.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The developer made Tropico 3 & 4, Grand Ages: Rome, and The First Templar.

Edit: I just ordered it. Next month is gangster time.

antitrop

Had to register an account to pre-order DmC (Steam) for $37.50 (+$2 credit), but it was totally worth it.

Never heard much about this site, but now I'll consider it an option for buying games in the future.

Teknoman

What the:

Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue.

Bought stuff like Binary Domain and so on just fine using the same card...is this something new?

antitrop

When I first tried purchasing with my Credit Card, I got the same message.

I went back and used my bank-issued Debit Card without problem. I'm in the US.

antitrop

I'm sure if I called Capital One and told them to let me buy that shit, they would oblige.

But it was much easier to just use a different card.

Some US banks (like mine) flag GMG because it's outside of the country. Every time I want to make a purchase on GMG, I have to let my bank know in advance.

Teknoman

I'm sure if I called Capital One and told them to let me buy that shit, they would oblige.

But it was much easier to just use a different card.

Some US banks (like mine) flag GMG because it's outside of the country. Every time I want to make a purchase on GMG, I have to let my bank know in advance.

Yeah I just went with my normal debit card, then called Citi to make sure they cancelled the purchase/knew it wasnt a fraudulent transaction, so everything is all good now. They did say that if I would have called them, they could have authorized, but like you said it was easier just to switch cards.

A few missed reward points wont hurt lol.

Lime

Absolutely.

If you understand that it is online-only multiplayer deathmatch combat, and there only a few game modes and maps, it's totally worth it.

It's so much fun.

Thanks for the reply, just bought it
but I only believe you because you're always so nice in your posts, antitrop ;)

Rufus

is there a filter I can use to search for games under $5?
Click the magnifying glass at the search bar to get to the enhanced search (or do an empty search), then set a price range using the sliders in the section on the right and make another empty search. Or just sort by price.

Ledsen

I remember that Mark Leung thing being some crappy failed attempt at being funny by being intentionally horrible? Or something.

Tizoc

I remember that Mark Leung thing being some crappy failed attempt at being funny by being intentionally horrible? Or something.

Hmmm I'd mostly like to hear gameplay impressions, it's a turn based jRPG and I'd prob. commit attorcities for classic japanese jRPGs to be on PC @_@.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just preordered
DMC
Sonic all star racing
Cyrsis 3
Aliens
SouthPark
Tomb Raider

Just need Bioshock and I'm set

Jharp

What a grip of horseshit- only two games I want to use the 25% off preorder aren't allowed to use the code in NA. The games are BioShock Infinite and Crysis 3.

Any way to get around this, GAF? I went to my account to see if I could edit my details and change my location, but the only location information listed was the information linked to my credit card, which I can't change because then it won't let me use the card. Is there any way around this?

If not, I'd be willing to paypal $45 to a foreign GAFer if he pre ordered the game for me and sent me the $15 GMG credit voucher and Steam code for the game itself.

Fireblend

Banned
Preordered The Cave for $11. Sweet!
3AQmK.gif

KarmaCow

Is there any reason (other than price) to get the original DR2 over Off the Record? And for that matter, is the extra content in OtR worth the extra $2.50?

edit: Am I missing something or does the storepages not mention the Dead Rising games requiring GFWL?

NZNova

I'm pretty annoyed that I can't buy Lego Lord of the Rings from GMG because I live in New Zealand. No buy button. We made the fuckin' movies here guys, how about letting us buy the game?

:(

Top Bottom