• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well that was fun. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed has been added to the list of games with cash/credit back, so I decided to try to use the 25% off code for pre-orders that officially expired last week (At least that's what my e-mail with the code said anyway).

Of course, it worked. So I just bought the game for £13.50 + £2 credit which instantly hit my account, yey.

Mrbob

Not sure if James is reading here, but I just wanted to let him know that Amazon USA currently has GMG beat for EA game pre orders. They are offering 20 dollar credits on Sim City, Crysis 3, and Dead Space 3. Whereas you only get a lower credit on GMG. Any chance of a bump in discounts in the near future?

Shaneus

Well that was fun. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed has been added to the list of games with cash/credit back, so I decided to try to use the 25% off code for pre-orders that officially expired last week (At least that's what my e-mail with the code said anyway).

Of course, it worked. So I just bought the game for £13.50 + £2 credit which instantly hit my account, yey.
Wait... so *now* it's been added? Tough luck to those who preordered prior to that :/

Stop It

Wait... so *now* it's been added? Tough luck to those who preordered prior to that :/
I take it you're one of them? Yeah it's a bit harsh.

I must admit I was tempted before the credit deal, but that tipped me over the edge.

Shaneus

I take it you're one of them? Yeah it's a bit harsh.

I must admit I was tempted before the credit deal, but that tipped me over the edge.
I only wound up paying something like $20AU anyway, so I don't know what it comes to now with that extra dollar or two, but it's still a bit rich. Wonder if I can cancel and put it in again? I have a feeling that'd be a firm "no".

Stop It

I only wound up paying something like $20AU anyway, so I don't know what it comes to now with that extra dollar or two, but it's still a bit rich. Wonder if I can cancel and put it in again? I have a feeling that'd be a firm "no".
I guess it depends on hwo good/quick the GMG customer services are. I think it's probably a bit too much hassle given the amount of money involved, but it's still a bit mean to those who pre-ordered early.

Shaneus

I guess it depends on hwo good/quick the GMG customer services are. I think it's probably a bit too much hassle given the amount of money involved, but it's still a bit mean to those who pre-ordered early.
Yeah, it's the same reason I raise a case for when a Paypal thing doesn't go through. I know there's basically zero chance of getting the issue resolved (last time, it took them three days to even acknowledge the case, let alone respond to it) but it's more letting them know and making them aware that it's happened (it's probably an oversight or something, I guess).

I've posed in their forums about it (in a Transformed thread, not a new one) but I'm not bothering to get all antsy and raise a support case or something.

Shaneus

It's a double-post, but it's worth updating for this:
Hi Shaneus,

Our deals change regularly and I understand this can be confusing for our customers, but I can see that you have used a 25% voucher which is not applicable to a credit/cashback title.

We will aim to make this clearer in future and thank you for your understanding.

Very sorry about any confusion caused.

Kind regards,
Nolan.

Green Man Gaming
Customer Service
Super-quick response... glad they got back to me with an answer that wasn't at all condescending, either. Bravo!

Stop It

It's a double-post, but it's worth updating for this:

Super-quick response... glad they got back to me with an answer that wasn't at all condescending, either. Bravo!

Heh, feel free to use me as a counter-example if you want to push further, considering that it worked for me. I wonder how long the code/cashback stacking will work then, if that's the official line...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's a shame that games like this are so visuals-focused, yet because of that they don't sell well enough to have sequels with improved visuals. I wonder if Nintendo will put an Endless Ocean on Wii U, though that still wouldn't be nearly up to what is possible on PC.

Ledsen

That's been always the caveat with the game, im not sure if i can find someone that is into this.
And the difference with the GOTY versinon is?

It includes the DLC, which from what I've heard just makes you play more of the worst parts of the game, and on top of that you play as a completely new character instead of your levelled-up badass. Also you can't level him up. What? Also no co-op.

Is Green Man going to start selling PS3/360 games?

gmgxboxps3.png

Clicking on it takes you to (which at the moment contains nothing):

http://www.greenmangaming.com/coming-soon-xbox360-ps3/

Amneisac

Dead Island 4.08 Dead Island GOTY 5.44 with code.

What do you guys think? And whats the difference between both games?

It's a really bad game. It sounds like it should be fun, but it really isn't. The online play is the only way it's fun and that (in my experience) is riddled with disconnections. It's obviously very cheap so you make your own mind up on how important $5 is to you, but I really don't like it.

Lime

Man, DS for $16 with coupon.

Still not sure if I want.

It's one of the best games I've played in recent years, but it depends on what you think of challenge, surprise, exploration, minimalistic storytelling, atmosphere, and a quality dark fantasy art style. It's the embodiment of "learning through death", so don't let any failures deter you at the beginning of the game.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I will never ever buy a GWFL or a From Software game again. 16 Eurobucks down the crapper cause this piece of shit software won't even load up. After finally fixing the GFWL issue it now crashes on the "press Start" screen, this is a joke.

Le-mo

It's a really bad game. It sounds like it should be fun, but it really isn't. The online play is the only way it's fun and that (in my experience) is riddled with disconnections. It's obviously very cheap so you make your own mind up on how important $5 is to you, but I really don't like it.
I disagree, I really enjoyed the game playing with a friend and so did he. We never experienced any disconnections though we did enjoy a few bugs but none were game breaking. Each of us spent 20+ hours on it and had a total blast. It's just a slow pace version of borderlands but with zombies and a heavy emphasize on melee. But yah I recommend playing with a friend cause its boring playing alone.

Dice

I disagree, I really enjoyed the game playing with a friend and so did he. We never experienced any disconnections though we did enjoy a few bugs but none were game breaking. Each of us spent 20+ hours on it and had a total blast. It's just a slow pace version of borderlands but with zombies and a heavy emphasize on melee. But yah I recommend playing with a friend cause its boring playing alone.
It definitely has issues. I'm 8 hours in and it's getting so tired. Thugs are showing up way more often, but I'm not strong enough to really deal with them unless I want to waste a grenade, run over them with a car a few times, or take them down very, very slowly. They're just a nuisance now, blocking the way/slowing down very simple tasks.

The weapon system also seems really silly. Why does it cost a fortune to fix up shit by myself at a workbench? Why does it break down in 5 minutes anyway? What is the point when jump kick then strike them in the head when they are down seems to make any weapon 50x more effective? What of this junk I'm amassing will be used for recipes and what is there just to sell?

When I level up, what powers do I choose? How am I supposed to know what will be useful later? How many levels will there be? How many points am I looking to eventually distribute here? How can I make a decision about how to distribute them when I don't even have a ballpark on these things to figure what I'm sacrificing on one path when I choose something in another?

Do the missions ever become more than "Make it to this place" or "Fight 5 zombies for this wuss who is just standing around for no reason" and "Collect 5 of this worthless thing you passed by 100 times already"? Why do they keep saying "the infected"? Whatever pseudo-psych answer there may be for it is bullshit. Anyone in the same situation would just call them zombies.

I just pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite on GMG, and unusually for a Steamworks game on GMG I've been given a key, but trying to redeem it on Steam just gets me a "invalid key" prompt. I'm assuming this is nothing to worry about at this stage?

Edit: Actually, the key might be for something else.

Edit2: Yeah, it's for that browser-based thingy.

Finally decided to sit on it. Riptide is around the corner, if they manage to produce a better game might aswell invest those 4 or 5 dollars into it. Not wasting time with the inferior product.

DagsJT

Just emailed GMG to see if they'll give me the £2 credit as I pre-ordered on 12th Jan. Seems a little unfair not to give the same deal to all people who pre-order and actually give better deals to those ordering closer to release date.

Edit: Wow, they've replied already and added the credit. Great customer service.

Addnan

Just emailed GMG to see if they'll give me the £2 credit as I pre-ordered on 12th Jan. Seems a little unfair not to give the same deal to all people who pre-order and actually give better deals to those ordering closer to release date.

Edit: Wow, they've replied already and added the credit. Great customer service.
I forgot about this, submitted a ticket. Lets see how long it takes them to get back to me.

edit: I don't get it, some Bernard guy replied to me saying no. wtf.

DagsJT

I forgot about this, submitted a ticket. Lets see how long it takes them to get back to me.

edit: I don't get it, some Bernard guy replied to me saying no. wtf.

This is what I said etc:

Hi,

I pre-ordered Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed on January 12th (order ID xxxxx) and have noticed that the game's page now offers £2 credit for pre-ordering this title. As I ordered much earlier, is it possible to have the credit applied to my account? I feel it would be very harsh not to offer the same credit to people who place their orders earlier and doesn't offer any incentive to pre-order games sooner rather than later if better offers will occur closer to release.

Thanks

And Nolan replied:

Hi,

Your Green Man Gaming account has now been credited.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused and I hope you return to shop with us in the near future.

Kind regards,
Nolan.

Green Man Gaming
Customer Service

There's a precedent for them giving the credit so they should really offer it to all customers if they offer it.

Addnan

This is what I said etc:

And Nolan replied:

There's a precedent for them giving the credit so they should really offer it to all customers if they offer it.

Thanks for posting this. Replied with a link and he quickly added the credit saying he misunderstood.

Shaneus

WOW. This was what I got a little under a week ago:
Hi Shaneus,

Our deals change regularly and I understand this can be confusing for our customers, but I can see that you have used a 25% voucher which is not applicable to a credit/cashback title.

We will aim to make this clearer in future and thank you for your understanding.

Very sorry about any confusion caused.

Kind regards,
Nolan.

Green Man Gaming
Customer Service
Guessing I should raise another case? Or first check that my account has been credited first?

Bit of a slip up on their part if they're now retroactively giving others credit while knocking mine back. Maybe I shouldn't have been so nice to them about it :/

Lime

WOW. This was what I got a little under a week ago:

Guessing I should raise another case? Or first check that my account has been credited first?

Bit of a slip up on their part if they're now retroactively giving others credit while knocking mine back. Maybe I shouldn't have been so nice to them about it :/

I think their argument is that you used the provided 25 % discount that came with the pre-order? Thus, you have used the equivalent of a cashback?

Le-mo

It definitely has issues. I'm 8 hours in and it's getting so tired. Thugs are showing up way more often, but I'm not strong enough to really deal with them unless I want to waste a grenade, run over them with a car a few times, or take them down very, very slowly. They're just a nuisance now, blocking the way/slowing down very simple tasks.

The weapon system also seems really silly. Why does it cost a fortune to fix up shit by myself at a workbench? Why does it break down in 5 minutes anyway? What is the point when jump kick then strike them in the head when they are down seems to make any weapon 50x more effective? What of this junk I'm amassing will be used for recipes and what is there just to sell?

When I level up, what powers do I choose? How am I supposed to know what will be useful later? How many levels will there be? How many points am I looking to eventually distribute here? How can I make a decision about how to distribute them when I don't even have a ballpark on these things to figure what I'm sacrificing on one path when I choose something in another?

Do the missions ever become more than "Make it to this place" or "Fight 5 zombies for this wuss who is just standing around for no reason" and "Collect 5 of this worthless thing you passed by 100 times already"? Why do they keep saying "the infected"? Whatever pseudo-psych answer there may be for it is bullshit. Anyone in the same situation would just call them zombies.
I agree with you on the weapon system on that it needs to be tweaked in the full sequel. Riptide looks like it won't address the issue. As for the thugs I didn't really have a problem with it cause I had a friend to play with throughout the whole campaign.

They really should have implemented a reset feature for the skill points cause it left no room for experimentation. I honestly thought the side missions were varied enough.

dani_dc

I think their argument is that you used the provided 25 % discount that came with the pre-order? Thus, you have used the equivalent of a cashback?
I pre-ordered the game today using the 25% coupon and I got the 2 euros credit as well as the 25% discount.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
People in the steam thread are saying they are getting their Omerta keys off of GMG. Mine hasn't shown up, are they full of shit or am I getting screwed somehow?

Dice

People in the steam thread are saying they are getting their Omerta keys off of GMG. Mine hasn't shown up, are they full of shit or am I getting screwed somehow?
I got mine via email. Haven't checked to see if the site said I have it.

Edit: And yes, it downloaded 1GB and is now "suspended" and not unlocked.

dreamfall

Got it in an email a little while back- but it hasn't unlocked yet at all or anything. How about on GMG, was it listed under your Games tab?

Edit: It was listed there too for me.

Top Bottom