• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Card Boy

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
It's still a referral code, its a code tied to your account. And the way I see it one benefits 1 person (and has drawbacks for the other one), the other one benefits both.

I dont care if Evilore cracks down on it. Dam SteamGifts got like 2000 members over the last couple days, its hampering my chances of winning!

Lock the Steamgifts thread i say!

Gez said:
I dont care if Evilore cracks down on it. Dam SteamGifts got like 2000 members over the last couple days, its hampering my chances of winning!

Lock the Steamgifts thread i say!

lol, that's true. Entries went from around 400 to 1000+ ever since that thread went up.

Septimus

I'm gonna sign up. Can someone PM me their referral link? Thanks. (If you get no reply it means I used someone elses.)

coopolon

Couldn't you just create a new account for every game you buy and give yourself a referral link? Would get annoying with non-Steam games of course, but for Steam games you're just copying the code into Steam and then you never have to log into that account again.

Cptkrush

coopolon said:
Couldn't you just create a new account for every game you buy and give yourself a referral link? Would get annoying with non-Steam games of course, but for Steam games you're just copying the code into Steam and then you never have to log into that account again.
I've thought about this, but I'm guessing they probably have some sort of block on this, I mean, it's all through your CC so I'm sure they would get suspicious after a few.

Can I ask a couple of questions? Do any of the % off codes still work for Dead Island?

With regards to the referral system, do you get the $5 off for the initial purchase (i.e. If I used a referral link would get a further $5 off for that initial purchase of Dead Island) or does it get credited for your next purchase?

Sutton Dagger said:
Can I ask a couple of questions? Do any of the % off codes still work for Dead Island?

With regards to the referral system, do you get the $5 off for the initial purchase (i.e. If I used a referral link would get a further $5 off for that initial purchase of Dead Island) or does it get credited for your next purchase?

The Dead Island code lasts until release, and the $5 only get credited after you make a $5+ purchase.

Cptkrush

Sutton Dagger said:

for the second, I'm not sure. For the first: EATIN-BRAIN-ZZZZZ still works

If you need a referall, let me know.

I HAVE NO SHAME

Card Boy

Banned
Teknoman said:
Anyone know if Serious Sam 3 will be on GMG? That'll be seriously cheap if so.

According to their FB page they are working on it. Don't count on it though since contracts with said publisher haven't being signed.

Vouchers

These vouchers should be all be active. Where we have dates for expiry made public, I've placed these up as well. All our vouchers are ONE use only. They usually don't apply to games already on a discount - the one exception to this is our 15% Pre-Order promotion which is running through all of 2011:

EATIN-BRAIN-ZZZZZ * 15% discount for games in ongoing zombie promotion, ends September 6th.
Pre-Orders

The following Pre-Orders are confirmed and should be going up when we're allowed to put them up:

Dungeons: Dark Lord
Game of Thrones Genesis
Football Manager 2012
Men of War: Vietnam

The following titles are NOT part of GMG's contract. We are working on getting contracts to sell games from these Publishers but right now cannot guarantee that these games will be available to pre-order. Our best advice is to wait for as long as you can to see if we recieve them, but no information can be given out by me or anyone else at GMG until contracts have been confirmed and signed:

FIFA 12 [EA]
LA Noire [Rockstar]
Battlefield 3 [EA]
Call of Duty: MW3 [Activision]
NFS: The Run [EA]
Mass Effect 3 [EA]
Skyrim [Behtesda]
RAGE [Bethesda]
Serious Sam 3 [Devolver Digital]

Rob Clarke
- Community Manager

Baha

Regarding Dead Island cd key issues that some of us are currently experiencing (myself included):

Robert Clarke said:
Hey guys,

Sorry to those of you having to wait. This is a very small percentage of customers, but I know that doesn't make it any better when you're worried you won't be able to play the game on launch.

GMG does NOT guarantee pre-loads on products, because it's often up to Steam how and when these happen, not us. If we could send you the key months before release, we would, but it's simply not possible with Steam titles because we don't 'own' the key itself, the publisher does.

Having said that, we try to make sure pre-load happens as soon as possible, and that we get out as many keys as we can to customers as early as we're allowed. We also DO guarantee you'll have a working key by release day, and you may be eligible for a refund if this is the case..

What we're doing right now is getting the country codes of all users written up, and then on Monday morning at about 10AM BST we'll be running a script to send out a new batch of keys to the effected users. We ARE working through the weekend, and both myself and Leeroy - our customer support manager - are looking into this right now. However, for legal reasons we can't send out Steam codes from our own homes, so we need to wait until Monday before we can fix the problem for all customers.

To those of you worried about getting asked questions you've already answered or that if you think contains information already in your profile, it would help if you just answered them again anyway just so we can be sure we've caught all the customers with problems when we run our script tomorrow.

Finally - an apology to all customers affected by this. Unfortunately, Dead Island was sent in multiple regions and we only found out about this last week. This is the first multi-region game GMG has ever sent out, and unfortunately for a small number of customers our geoIP system has got their country wrong.

BTW: I've had reports of racist comments from members of this forum. The comment has been edited, and the user has now been placed on a watch list. If I see any more racist comments from anyone on the GMG forums, I will start banning those accounts.

So hopefully by the time I wake up tomorrow I'll have a working key for my region.

So I got a referral link, which I clicked on and then registered an account. There doesn't seem to be any indication that I registered through a referral, how do I know that i'll get the $5 credit?

Sutton Dagger said:
So I got a referral link, which I clicked on and then registered an account. There doesn't seem to be any indication that I registered through a referral, how do I know that i'll get the $5 credit?
You have to buy something first. It's $5 off your next purchase.

Sutton Dagger said:

Ask who ever gave u the referral link if you show up on his referral list.

Cptkrush

Sutton Dagger said:
Ask the person who referred you. Chances are, you will get it as long as you didn't navigate away from GMG after clicking the referral link.

Gez said:
According to their FB page they are working on it. Don't count on it though since contracts with said publisher haven't being signed.
So no Space Marine in the "maybe" list... damn. I'll just get it from D2D for $42.

Sutton Dagger said:
I haven't used the referral system yet but I'm pretty sure you have to spend $5 or more to get it. And it must be all done in the same cookie session

Cptkrush

Heavy said:
So no Space Marine in the "maybe" list... damn. I'll just get it from D2D for $42.

I haven't used the referral system yet but I'm pretty sure you have to spend $5 or more to get it. And it must be all done in the same cookie session
I saw another thing where they were talking about getting THQ on board, I think it was on their forums, let me see if I can dig it up.

Aha: http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/524/
GMG is still missing some key publishers in the gaming world. You may have noticed we don't ship titles from:

Electronic Arts: The Sims, Crysis, Battlefield

Activision: Modern Warfare 3

Besthesa: Skyrim, RAGE

THQ: Saints Row, Warhammer

Obviously we offer some great deals on pre-orders so I'm aware you guys really want to see these titles up on site. I do as well - trust me!

We're actively working with all of these publishers to get contracts sorted out. This takes quite a bit of time as these are quite big contracts to work out and we want to get them right. In order to offer great deals, we have to build relationships, make sure al the conditions and strapped on and make sure that we're doing our best for both our publishing partners and you guys.

When people ask about these games - all I can tell them is we're working on it - and we really are. In fact, we have a man called Paul Herron working on this. He used to work for Direct 2 Drive and he knows his stuff, so I'm confident we're going to start getting all the rest of the big name titles on our site soon.

Whether that will be in time for a pre-order of any of the above, I simply can't gurantee it. Things are moving forward but the only thing I'm allowed to say is that we can't gurantee anything. My advice to you guys is to hold off on pre-orders of any of the big names title we don't have until the last possible minute because we might pick them. up.

Most other stores don't change their pre-order ofers or pricing once announced until release day, so wait as long as you can to get the best deal from us ;) That way, if we don't get a publisher, you guys can still order elswhere while making sure you don't pay more than you need too.

PLEASE feel free to ask us about any other titles, especially indie games, either on the forums or on social media, and I'll check and see if we've working on any deals with those games.

There is yet hope for SR3 and Warhammer to be on GMG!

wilflare

Heavy said:

not sure if the discount codes still work
you can try RETAIL15 or CHEAPASS15 to get it for 38

Max

I am not Max
3 days wait after the 6th for Dead Island codes? bummer.

will they be sending me a NA code?

Card Boy

Banned
Max said:
3 days wait after the 6th for Dead Island codes? bummer.

will they be sending me a NA code?

I got a NA/ROW code and i still have to wait for the 9th in my region, same thing happened with Deus Ex. It's a Steam issue.

Gez said:
I got a NA/ROW code and i still have to wait for the 9th in my region, same thing happened with Deus Ex. It's a Steam issue.

Think he means that Green Man ran out of keys and they don't expect to get a new batch for several days. Saw that after I ordered too. Bummed

Carm

Gez said:

Thanks, but I think the site just screwed the pooch. Everything was fine till it needed me to verify, then it hanged. and now I can't even get into the basket on the site, just directs to a blank page.

wilflare

Carm said:
Thanks, but I think the site just screwed the pooch. Everything was fine till it needed me to verify, then it hanged. and now I can't even get into the basket on the site, just directs to a blank page.

try clearing your cache + cookies
and come back to the site again, relogin and everything

Carm

wilflare said:
try clearing your cache + cookies
and come back to the site again, relogin and everything

But then I lose the referral no? Not gonna bother ordering if that is gonna happen.

wilflare

Carm said:
But then I lose the referral no? Not gonna bother ordering if that is gonna happen.

no you won't lose your referral.
let me explain
for the referral to work
you just need to sign up an account from that link (a new account if you had one previously) within the same single session.
just with your referrer if your referral was tracked

something like this appears on his list "You will receive your bonus once (USERNAME) spends $5.00."

if it is, it does not matter if you clear your cookies later. the referral is already tracked

Chesskid1

Banned
i already have an account and never bought anything.

can i make a new acct to get the referral

and whats the minimum amount you have to spend to get the referral?

i'm just asking for future use, not anything i want to buy atm.

wilflare

Chesskid1 said:
i already have an account and never bought anything.

can i make a new acct to get the referral

and whats the minimum amount you have to spend to get the referral?

sent you mine, spend a minimum of $5 :D

@Carm, glad it's all resolved

Benedict

Since Greenmangaming changed it's prices to $ here in Sweden they will be my no.1 for new digital PC-games and Steam will be no.2 (for sales).
Extremely happy to get good games for a great price.
Bought both Deus Ex and Dead Island.
Haven.t bought a new full-price PC game in ages. only Steam-sales the last 3-4 years, not counting Civ V.

If there is any need for referral, I can share mine if you PM me.

Edit: facebook message from GMG:
More Dead Island codes should be in our system in about 30 minutes. Oh, we never ran out of keys in Eastern or Western Europe, so you should still getting them straight away from these areas! /Rob

Ywap

Benedict said:
Since Greenmangaming changed it's prices to $ here in Sweden they will be my no.1 for new digital PC-games[/I]

Same here.

I´m also waiting for Serious Sam 3 (hopefully) and Hard Reset (confirmed) :)

Darkkn

This is how you compete with Steam. Great service with neat gimmick(trade in, haven't yet tried but i'm definitely looking into it...) and great discounts for unreleased games.

Bought Deus Ex: HR for 34€ and Red Orchestra 2 for 25€. Way cheaper than Steam and both are Steamworks games so i get all the benefits of Steam regardless :p

robin2

Question:

Does the credit have an expiry date?

I got it when I suvscribet to buy Deus Ex:HR, a handful of days before its release.. and I plan to use it for Skyrim (which hopefully should be available) again just an handful of days before its relese (so in the beginning of November). And I won't buy anything in the meantime.

?

wilflare

robin2 said:
Question:

Does the credit have an expiry date?

I got it when I suvscribet to buy Deus Ex:HR, a handful of days before its release.. and I plan to use it for Skyrim (which hopefully should be available) again just an handful of days before its relese (so in the beginning of November). And I won't buy anything in the meantime.

?

don't think so, read nothing of that sort so far.

Benedict said:
Since Greenmangaming changed it's prices to $ here in Sweden they will be my no.1 for new digital PC-games and Steam will be no.2 (for sales).
Extremely happy to get good games for a great price.
Bought both Deus Ex and Dead Island.
Haven.t bought a new full-price PC game in ages. only Steam-sales the last 3-4 years, not counting Civ V.

If there is any need for referral, I can share mine if you PM me.
For the most part I'll probably continue pre-ordering UK retail as it's still noticeably cheaper (~255 vs 320).
I'm not counting on these 20% off codes being a recurring thing. If they are I'll go GMG exclusive.

Either way, it's definitely a great alternative for when you don't want to wait 1-2 weeks for the thing to be delivered. And for times when The Hut Group bumps the price up to £34.85 for some stupid reason, which is much too often recently.

Hope GMG gets those publisher contracts.

Carm

Just activated my copy. Is is suppose to come up as NA/Row under Licenses and subscriptions for US buyers?

Edit: I guess it's normal after doing some searching.

Surprisingly small download, not even 7 gigs.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow, Green Man Gaming just made me very happy.

My old copies of Reign: Conflict of Nations and NecroVisioN: Lost Company were suddenly worth £9 each. This added to the 20% off code meant that I was able to pre-order Batman: Arkham City for £3. I was meaning to buy the game at some point, but that's just silly, heh.

Baha

Stop It said:
Wow, Green Man Gaming just made me very happy.

My old copies of Reign: Conflict of Nations and NecroVisioN: Lost Company were suddenly worth £9 each. This added to the 20% off code meant that I was able to pre-order Batman: Arkham City for £3. I was meaning to buy the game at some point, but that's just silly, heh.

Looks like the trade-in values have risen. Damn, I should've kept my free copies a bit longer.

Top Bottom