• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Max

I am not Max
WaywardGMG said:
The reality of DD right now is that competing with Steam is virtually impossible because their client is very good and their relationship with publishers is entrenched. Clearly, prices are the easiest way to get noticed. Customer service is a not too distant second.

Think of it like this: Does it make more sense to offer games at retail price but spend £10,000 on banner adverts that nobody clicks on, or spend that money on making your games cheaper by removing some of your own margin (and focusing on getting great deals like out 25% DI discount int the UK) and throw traditional advertising out the window and replace it with - well, me and my team - there's our game plan, in a nutshell.
kiss you bapie~~~

WaywardGMG said:
Our publishing manager, who used to run D2D Europe, has gone running off on holiday this week so I'm sorry for being vague:

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes: Couple of weeks, will be a Steam game
Hard Reset: I was hoping for this week. Steam - Still chasing, probably more like early next week now!
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: Next week I believe, NOT Steam I don't think
Nuclear Dawn: Steam, next week.

According to Eurogamer, War in the North will be using Steamworks

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-steamworks-in-lord-of-rings-war-in-north

Not trying to step on your toes, it's just being able to register to Steam is a huge incentive for GAFers to buy from GMG, so I should put that out there haha

I would get Space Marine in a heartbeat if they had it up right now... May just dip into that D2D deal.

BTW Rob, very happy with your service thus far (besides billing annoyance but that has nothing to do with you guys). You guys were very prompt with getting me my DXHR code before release and hopefully I get the same level of service with my Arkham City preorder.

CaLe

Keep up the good work Rob, I hope you guys get more deals with publishers.

I ordered all the Steamworks games I'm interested in from your site, here's hopping you get more.

Edit: When is the next 20% off voucher coming ? I'm eyeing Arkham City ;)

Shaneus

Based on the fact that a rep has come into this thread, I'm definitely going to use their site more often. Hell, I've heard great reports on customer service all around from GMG so I'm in!

i <3 GMG!

p.s.

and i actually did have to call my bank (chase) to clear GMG on my approved purchaser list. it kept coming up rejected so i had to get a rep on the phone. annoying but it's cleared up now

Salsa

Oh nice to have Rob here, cheers man! you guys have a great site going.

I do have a question if you find in your time to answer it: how's the referal stuff been working out for the site? i realize that there's people who really spam the service and refer tons of guys, but at the same time it has to be one of your biggest revenues in terms of new users that could become longtime buyers, right? I think its a fantastic system, in the sense that to both parties to be rewarded by refering makes it already a working model, instead of the usual "only the guy who refers a friend gets credit".

You think that model worked good for you guys in terms of getting people to the site? i certainly started using it after that first $5 credit bump and been buying ever since. I had heard of the site before way back, but being in South America and my debit card being kinda screwy in terms of buying from sites in general its always hard to get me to buy from other sites. Had all sorts of trouble with stuff like D2D for example, so a "bonus" like that really helps to tip you over the edge and giving it a shot.

I just made my first purchase yesterday on GMG (Dead Island), and will definitely be coming back for more great deals.

As soon as you hear anything concrete about the Bethesda deal Rob, be sure to let us know, cause Rage and Skyrim are going to be huge, I hope GMG gets a slice of that pie.

Shaneus

What's the cheapest way of getting DE3:AE from GMG? I have a referral code to use, but that's only for $5 off the next game I buy. Are there any 20% codes that still work?

wilflare

Shaneus said:
What's the cheapest way of getting DE3:AE from GMG? I have a referral code to use, but that's only for $5 off the next game I buy. Are there any 20% codes that still work?

try 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS
think that's the last code left working

Shaneus said:
Try this one 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS

kunu

I'd love to join GMG seeing as I'm recently getting more into PC gaming. Could I get a referral link PMd? Thanks.

Echoplx

weekendCONFIRMED said:
Thanks. Must have missed the memo? People were spamming them earlier/in another thread, if I recall.

Referral links are a bannable offence here, some
a lot of
people are just dumb.

kunu said:
I'd love to join GMG seeing as I'm recently getting more into PC gaming. Could I get a referral link PMd? Thanks.
PM'ed...prob got ninja'd again lol
Bungieware said:
It doesn't say whether Arkham City is a Steam game on the website. Anyone know if it is or not?
It's GFWL (for everyone)

Weenerz

Banned
Bungieware said:
It doesn't say whether Arkham City is a Steam game on the website. Anyone know if it is or not?

GFWL I'm afraid.

Also, the best part about GMG(besides the prices), is the customer service on twitter. When Rob responded to my question about Hard Reset, I knew I was going to buy any steam related games from GMG.

wilflare

Weenerz said:
GFWL I'm afraid.

Also, the best part about GMG(besides the prices), is the customer service on twitter. When Rob responded to my question about Hard Reset, I knew I was going to buy any steam related games from GMG.

Quote For Truth :D

Shaneus

Weenerz said:
Yup. I'd only ever seen them pop up from time to time regarding ridiculously cheap games or the ability to "trade in", but their customer service is really kicking arse. Definitely keeping them on the radar, along with GOG and Steam. Shit, for new releases it's easier to go through GMG than get something gifted from a GAFfer on Steam... especially since Aussies almost always get gouged.

wilflare

shagg_187 said:
Yep, not dealing with referral links. Thanks for GMG for being such a swell company but the system can easily be abused and for $5 I rather be here in GAF than being in banland.

i actually google searched "gmgr" to ensure i didn't post it out in open.
seems like some still need to edit their entries before banhammer

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Oh wow. These prices are damn good. I got a few questions that I'll just toss out here real fast though.

Is Dead Island Steamworks? Do the Steamworks keys from GMG work on Steam? And how come I can't find Space Marine on it? =(

NZNova

Stahsky said:
Oh wow. These prices are damn good. I got a few questions that I'll just toss out here real fast though.

Is Dead Island Steamworks? Do the Steamworks keys from GMG work on Steam? And how come I can't find Space Marine on it? =(

I bought Dead Island on GMG and used the key to preload on Steam.

wilflare

Stahsky said:

Yes, Dead Island is Steamworks. Their keys work and a number of GAFfers have already preloaded it on Steam :D

Space Marine -> GMG Rob mentioned they won't be in time for pre-order, probably after release :(

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
NZNova said:
I bought Dead Island on GMG and used the key to preload on Steam.

My man. You deserve a high five for that speedy response.

wilflare said:
Yes, Dead Island is Steamworks. Their keys work and a number of GAFfers have already preloaded it on Steam :D

Space Marine -> GMG Rob mentioned they won't be in time for pre-order, probably after release :(

Same to you my friend. Do you work there or something?

I wish the Batman game would work on Steam. Boooo. Probably buying that anyway. These prices are perfect for me. Fuck, I'm about to buy like 3-4 games. :D

:(

NZNova

wilflare said:

I don't mind waiting for Space Marine - it's listed at $90USD in Steam for NZ. Not gonna happen.

wilflare

Mutagenic said:
I bought Dead Island on GMG last night. I wonder when I'll be emailed a code.

I think they managed to get some codes yesterday, try dropping support an email. they'll get you sorted out in no time

NZNova

Mutagenic said:
I bought Dead Island on GMG last night. I wonder when I'll be emailed a code.

I never actually got an email with a code. I went into my games list, clicked the download link for Dead Island, and it took me to the game page that had the key on it. Might be worth trying that rather than waiting for an email.

Top Bottom