• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Card Boy

Banned
Mutagenic said:
I bought Dead Island on GMG last night. I wonder when I'll be emailed a code.

From FB

We've run out of keys again - The publisher is busy trying to make us some more - We should have more keys for DI and RO2 by 1pm tomorrow. Please note that if you can't wait you CAN automatically refund yourself - but they ARE coming, and you'd be craaazy not to wait! /Rob

Baha

Shaneus said:
Now THAT'S customer service. Bravo, guys.

Yeah, since I've started using their store, I've had the wrong currency all 3 accounts I created and had my currency changed again on my main account. Anywhere else I would've sworn them off but GMG responded to my tickets quickly and sorted my problems. Their ability to respond to and correct problems has won me over. I didn't mind waiting over the weekend for my Dead Island key because they kept communication with me and kept me reassured that I would receive my key today (and I did). Very happy to see Rob on GAF.

Card Boy

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
How do I get a refund for my copy of Dead Island?

Judging from the Dead Island thread you are playing it? Or is that a demo?

Anyway it has this on the DI page.

This game requires Steam(TM) in order to install and run and so cannot be traded or refunded.

They don't do refunds on Steam games and games with a similar warning on the page.

In general just click on SUPPORT (top right hand side of screen)>SUBMIT A TICKET and then ask for a refund.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Darn I wish I wouldn't haven't closed the window to get the refund when you purchase it lol. Oh well hopefully I get the key soon then

WaywardGMG

Neo Member
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

SalsaShark said:
I do have a question if you find in your time to answer it: how's the referal stuff been working out for the site?

It's been good for starting up and getting noticed, but it's nothing something we can run indefinately - I posted earlier that we'll be reducing the incoming payment to 2.00 instead of 5.00 and capping the amount of times a user can refer someone. The former move is to keep it profitable for us, the later is to prevent a lot of angry community members that are getting targetted by spammers.

Everyone said:
When will you get RAGE/Skyrim/F1/Space Marine

I literally can't say. We currently have no contract signed with Codemasters or Bethesda - these are very unlikely to come through in time for Q4 pre-orders.

THQ is looking slightly more likely but we're still fine tuning the contract.

EA games ARE coming to GMG and should be going up in the next month or two.

If someone could put this at the front of this thread that would be great!

NZNova said:
I never actually got an email with a code. I went into my games list, clicked the download link for Dead Island, and it took me to the game page that had the key on it. Might be worth trying that rather than waiting for an email.

Emails should be sent through but checking your 'my games' list is indeed the best way to make sure you have a key, to avoid any issues with emails not coming through or heading to junk folders.

Baha said:
Yeah, since I've started using their store, I've had the wrong currency all 3 accounts I created and had my currency changed again on my main account. Anywhere else I would've sworn them off but GMG responded to my tickets quickly and sorted my problems. Their ability to respond to and correct problems has won me over. I didn't mind waiting over the weekend for my Dead Island key because they kept communication with me and kept me reassured that I would receive my key today (and I did). Very happy to see Rob on GAF.

Happy to be hear - we recently changed our Swedish customers to USD, and had to rerun currency checks. Some customers IPs were not identified by our geoIP system and those customer default to £ - whoops! This problem should be fixed for the vast majority of users now.

Steam Refunds: We can't refund these titles because as soon as you recieve the key, we can no longer sell that key again. All the time you don't have a key, we can usually help, but the minute keys get sent out, we can't usually give refunds.

Vouchers:: Vouchers come and go. We WILL do another sitewide 20% voucher in the future, but I can't say when! Right now there are two vouchers floating around: One is for our zombie promotion which gives 15% off Dead Island and a rage of horror games, and one just for dead Island at 20% which is part of a competition with a site called ready up. Following our Facebook page is probably the best way to get up-to-date voucher information.

Dead Island: We don't have any more idea of what's going on with this than the press do right now. Waiting on word from Steam and/or the publisher and developer. The publishers is currently waiting on more keys from Steam before we can send out the next bath.

WaywardGMG said:

This is great news for me. I can't buy games through Origin (EA hates me) and can't buy them on Steam. GMG wins!

Keep up the good work! ;)

wilflare

WaywardGMG said:
I literally can't say. We currently have no contract signed with Codemasters or Bethesda - these are very unlikely to come through in time for Q4 pre-orders.

if you can get BF3, i think many will be coming for it :D just hope EA will not push you to do regional pricing, that would stuck.

with regards to referral system, can there be a visual confirmation for the person being referred? so they know they are doing it right. ^^

really appreciate your presence here, GMG is up there with Steam and GOG as my fav online game stores :D

Card Boy

Banned
WaywardGMG said:

Nice i might hold off on Space Marine and wait till you guys get it. It's 90USD on Aussie Steam, IP blocked on D2D and i don't trust cdkeyers. I can get it from Gamersgate but i have some referral monies from you guys.

WaywardGMG said:

Done. Great news about EA!

TheExodu5

Banned
Damn. I wish I would have held off my D2D BF3 order so I could support GMG.

Gez said:
Judging from the Dead Island thread you are playing it? Or is that a demo?

Anyway it has this on the DI page.

They don't do refunds on Steam games and games with a similar warning on the page.

In general just click on SUPPORT (top right hand side of screen)>SUBMIT A TICKET and then ask for a refund.

Actually, I have a copy on my Steam account...I was just purchasing another for a friend who would undoubtedly want to get it off me for cheap post-release. I changed my mind after I saw the state the game was in upon release.

There was a cancellation link in the e-mail.

Xanathus

Hypothetically speaking, if I had bought a Steamworks game from GMG and wanted to seek a refund due to the fault of a game (e.g. it multiplayer completely does not work, stuttering even with a PC that far exceeds the minimum reqs) but they reject my request for a refund, would there be any issues with filing a charge back on my credit card transaction? I know that you shouldn't do that with Steam since they will disable access to all of your games, but in the case of GMG they probably don't have access to that.

edit: I'm aware they would probably disable my GMG account but let's just go with the assumption that I do not care about that.

TheExodu5

Banned
It's not GMG's responsibility, and therefore you should not be issuing a chargeback because of your issue. Your issue is with either the game developer/publisher or Valve. GMG does not have the power to refund your money.

Xanathus

TheExodu5 said:
It's not GMG's responsibility, and therefore you should not be issuing a chargeback because of your issue. Your issue is with either the game developer/publisher or Valve. GMG does not have the power to refund your money.
If you purchase a sub-standard product from a retailer, it's within your consumer rights to obtain a refund from the retailer instead of having to deal with the manufacturer.

Xanathus said:
If you purchase a sub-standard product from a retailer, it's within your consumer rights to obtain a refund from the retailer instead of having to deal with the manufacturer.

sub-standard to who? i bought dead island and it works fine on my PC. no issues.

Xanathus

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sub-standard to who? i bought dead island and it works fine on my PC. no issues.
There's a reason why I'm calling it a hypothetical scenario, I have no idea whether the game will run completely perfectly or be a horrible mess that reformats my computer on uninstall. For arguments sake I'm just working on the assumption that it's a product that doesn't work at a basic level.

edit: also to clarify another basis of this discussion is that I'm working on the assumption that Valve/Steam will not issue refunds for purchases made via GMG. If this is not true, please let me know.

hamchan

Xanathus said:
Hypothetically speaking, if I had bought a Steamworks game from GMG and wanted to seek a refund due to the fault of a game (e.g. it multiplayer completely does not work, stuttering even with a PC that far exceeds the minimum reqs) but they reject my request for a refund, would there be any issues with filing a charge back on my credit card transaction? I know that you shouldn't do that with Steam since they will disable access to all of your games, but in the case of GMG they probably don't have access to that.

edit: I'm aware they would probably disable my GMG account but let's just go with the assumption that I do not care about that.

Well that's a big dick move. I hope nobody tells you an answer to this, so there will always be the risk of having your whole steam account banned.

EternalGamer said:
If Batman was complete Steamworks with Steam achievements, I would probably still just get it on Steam, but since it is GFWL, I might as well go with Greeman and just add it to my Steam Library manually.

Hold on Batman won't have steam achievements or be steam works?

Hanzou

Xanathus said:

You are right but here both physical and digital media for the most part do not follow these rules. If you had bought Dead Island on 360 and when you got home and realised that it was unplayable, you could not take it back to the store and return it.

Look at Mortal Kombat Kollection, the online is straight up broken. Ask MS for a refund on that and they will laugh in your face.

Sysgen

Xanathus said:

Well you're purchasing a license not the product. Kind of gray.

Xanathus

Hanzou said:
You are right but here both physical and digital media for the most part do not follow these rules. If you had bought Dead Island on 360 and when you got home and realised that it was unplayable, you could not take it back to the store and return it.

Look at Mortal Kombat Kollection, the online is straight up broken. Ask MS for a refund on that and they will laugh in your face.
I'm not familiar with consumer rights laws in the US, but I thought you were able to return defective goods like a console disc within a certain time period?

edit: also I want to make it clear that this isn't a question specific to Dead Island, but to any possible game that may turn out to be defective. It would help differentiate GMG from Steam if they had more consumer-friendly policies on returns of defective goods.

pahamrick

Xanathus said:
I'm not familiar with consumer rights laws in the US, but I thought you were able to return defective goods like a console disc within a certain time period?

A lot of stores won't accept the disc back if you've already opened the game. The most they'll do is allow you to exchange it for another copy, which they will break the seal on before handing it over so you can't just return the sealed copy at another story.

coopolon

Xanathus said:

edit: also I want to make it clear that this isn't a question specific to Dead Island, but to any possible game that may turn out to be defective. It would help differentiate GMG from Steam if they had more consumer-friendly policies on returns of defective goods.

I actually agree with you that you should be allowed to do this with defective software products. And in this better world, you would return the product to the retailer (GMG in this case) you bought it from because that is who you paid money to. It used to be like this in the 90s here in the US. Nowadays though it's no longer the case. If you bought a defective software product from say Gamestop or Best Buy they would not issue a refund. GMG is actually ahead of most companies in that they don't have a 0 return policy on their non-steam games as I understand it, only on their Steam games because those are the rules of Steam.

Chargebacks, I don't know, you'd have to ask your bank to see if this falls within their acceptable categories of chargebacks. The problem is I imagine somewhere along the line you checked "I agree to GMG's TOS" which probably has in it somewhere that they don't offer refunds on Steam CD keys. If you buy something being forewarned that you're not allowed to return it, I find it pretty shady behavior to circumvent the retailer to get your money back.

Card Boy

Banned
edit: got my Juarez key now.

Also no 15% pre-order discount on A Game of Thrones Genesis?

Also are you guys getting Worms: Ultimate Mayhem? (you have Team 17's other stuff)

Maddness

Sweet. I am loving GMG! I'm actually going to wait on Space Marine and try and get it here also. Hopefully that happens!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Metalmurphy said:
Is GMG still out of Dead Island keys?

Looks like it. I was just about to buy it a minute ago, but the message on their store page that they are out of keys still appears.

Quick question, I'm looking to get Dead Island from GMG, how do I use my friends referral link?

It just seems to take me to the homepage.

Card Boy

Banned
DualShadow said:
Quick question, I'm looking to get Dead Island from GMG, how do I use my friends referral link?

It just seems to take me to the homepage.

Thats whats it ment to do. Ask your friend if you are on his referral page if you still are unsure and want peace of mind.

On his page it should say "You will receive your bonus once DualShadow spends $5.00."

Gez said:
Thats whats it ment to do. Ask your friend if you are on his referral page if you still are unsure and want peace of mind.

On his page it should say "You will receive your bonus once DualShadow spends $5.00."

So I clicked his link and it's not showing up that I have $5 credit?

Sorry for the dumbass questions :lol

Card Boy

Banned
DualShadow said:
So I clicked his link and it's not showing up that I have $5 credit?

Sorry for the dumbass questions :lol

Are you a new account? Did you spend $5 minimum?

Have you already purchased something before from GMG? The referral program is for new accounts with no prior purchases.

Gez said:
Are you a new account? Did you spend $5 minimum?

Have you already purchased something before from GMG? The referral program is for new accounts with no prior purchases.

I made a new account, haven't purchased anything yet.

Edit: Looks like I get the credit after a purchase, must of misread it. Sorry.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I may get Dead Island for that. Only $40 before tax.

I'm just not sure if I should wait for another PC patch or not.

Twinduct

Driver San Francisco vs. Batman: Arkham City vs. Assassin’s Creed Revelations

Only one can win!
And only one can be bought using the 20% voucher :p

So which one should I go for? And which one will most likely get a decent discount in the near future?

Top Bottom