• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Mexx

Neo Member
Okay, I need help here. Where do I can get some discounts? I want to buy Batman, but 40$ is too much for me. I have an account for long time, but didn't bought anything.

Scythian

Mexx said:
Okay, I need help here. Where do I can get some discounts? I want to buy Batman, but 40$ is too much for me. I have an account for long time, but didn't bought anything.

Well, you probably already have a referral code, so that's $5 off, but I recommend you to hold your horses, GMG probably will have more vouchers for further discounts in the following days/weeks. Besides, the game's not out yet, so waiting a little bit won't hurt :)

Baha

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes just went up on the store but the store page is down. Hopefully it will be steamworks.

*EDIT* Might region locked, awaiting response in forums for further details.

*2nd EDIT*Yep, looks like they only have the contract to sell Ubisoft published titles outside of North America atm.

Benedict

New code for the weekend:
WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC will give you 20% discount on one of the following titles (price listed below is before discount):

ARMA II Operation Arrowhead $33.96

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $29.71

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 $8.46

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover $42.49

Men of War $10.17

Men of War: Assault Squad $29.71

Men of War: Red Tide $14.96
Men of War: Vietnam $29.70

Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition $39.95

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad $39.95

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Digital Deluxe Edition $49.45

Sniper: Ghost Warrior $13.57

If you don't yet have an account on greenmangaming.com you are welcome to use me as a referall and you'll get $5 for your next purchase at greenmangaming if you spend over $5.

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you the link.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hrmm... I'll have to think about Red Orchestra 2.

It's pretty much a strictly multiplayer game, right?

Benedict

According to GMG-Rob on Twitter the code will also work for non-war games as well. He encourages people to experiment.
Anybody knows what the other titles might be?

Sober

Wow just missed it and bought RO2 last night from GMG, but at least it was still 15% off at the time, so whatevs.

TimmiT

Benedict said:
New code for the weekend:
WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC will give you 20% discount on one of the following titles (price listed below is before discount):

ARMA II Operation Arrowhead $33.96

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $29.71

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 $8.46

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover $42.49

Men of War $10.17

Men of War: Assault Squad $29.71

Men of War: Red Tide $14.96
Men of War: Vietnam $29.70

Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition $39.95

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad $39.95

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Digital Deluxe Edition $49.45

Sniper: Ghost Warrior $13.57

If you don't yet have an account on greenmangaming.com you are welcome to use me as a referall and you'll get $5 for your next purchase at greenmangaming if you spend over $5.

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you the link.
I just tried the code on a couple of random games and it worked. Looks like the code works with every game.

Sober

Aaron said:
That code works with Dead Island. Even includes the Blood Arena.
Intentional unintentional effect it seems:

GMG Twitter said:
We have a 20% "war' voucher up for the weekend, soldiers! It does work for some other 'non war' games too, so do some experimenting! /Rob

Ledsen

Just bought Sengoku, it worked with the code. Currently installing and using Capsule for the first time, have to say it works great and is very unobtrusive. It even installs the game for you automatically :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Works with A Game of Thrones: Genesis pre-order, too. I have $5 credit, so I could grab it for $26.96. Not a bad deal (without knowing the quality of the game).

Are we sure this is Steamworks? The GMG page does say Steam is required...

Bruiserk

THE WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC ALSO WORKS WITH ARKHAM CITY. GO GO GO.

EDIT: It says that it uses games for windows live. We can't activate it on steam? Is it even being offered on steam?

Sober

Bruiserk said:
THE WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC ALSO WORKS WITH ARKHAM CITY. GO GO GO.

EDIT: It says that it uses games for windows live. We can't activate it on steam? Is it even being offered on steam?
GFWL. For the GMG, pretty sure it's going to use Capsule. AC on Steam is fuzzy ... people getting certain nVidia cards are getting codes for AC on Steam but that's about it for now.

Firebrand

markot said:
How come the shop is in pounds for me now instead of USD >.<; Im in Australiaaaaa....
http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2011/09/currency-changes/
We made a few changes to our currency system overnight. If you live in France, Sweden or Russia, these changes were intentional. If however you live in a country that usually pays in USD and has suddenly been switched to GBP for no reason, please let us know in a ticket and we’ll get it changed straight back for you. Apologies for the inconvenience, this is caused when our GEO IP system can’t determine your location and reverts back to our default currency, which is GBP.

Rob Clarke

- Community Manager

Bruiserk

Er well I used one of the referral links I was given to buy Batman, but it didn't give a $5 credit to me. This wasn't my first purchase on GMG, are referral links only for new customers?

coopolon

Bruiserk said:
Er well I used one of the referral links I was given to buy Batman, but it didn't give a $5 credit to me. This wasn't my first purchase on GMG, are referral links only for new customers?

Yes, only for new accounts.

wilflare

Bruiserk said:

got to create a new account with that link in order to get the referral

twitter---homeq6hz.jpg
Woo! Will be picking up both on GMG if they come through.

Derrick01

Banned
I pretty much need them to get Rage and Skyrim now. I simply cannot afford to pay $60 for both with all the other games coming, but if I can knock them both down to 35-40 I can work some magic and get it done.

coopolon

Derrick01 said:
I pretty much need them to get Rage and Skyrim now. I simply cannot afford to pay $60 for both with all the other games coming, but if I can knock them both down to 35-40 I can work some magic and get it done.

Since they're both Steamworks games you could always just wait a few weeks for the inevitable retailer discounts (especially considering the season at least in the US and Canada).

coopolon

Anyone know what happens if you cancel a pre-order that you used a $5 referral credit on? I'm getting pretty tired of this Renegade Ops nonsense. I think I'm to the point of passing and just picking it up for a a few $ in a Steam sale next year.

Derrick01

Banned
coopolon said:
Since they're both Steamworks games you could always just wait a few weeks for the inevitable retailer discounts (especially considering the season at least in the US and Canada).

Wait a few weeks extra for Skyrim, ha that's a good one. I managed to get Rage taken care of though. Used the $50 gift card Gamestop gave me for fucking up with Deus Ex :)

Top Bottom