• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

gabbo

Twinduct said:
Driver San Francisco vs. Batman: Arkham City vs. Assassin’s Creed Revelations

Only one can win!
And only one can be bought using the 20% voucher :p

So which one should I go for? And which one will most likely get a decent discount in the near future?
Go with Batman. Driver SF will likely bargain bin by the end of the year

Nelo Ice

Banned
Twinduct said:
Driver San Francisco vs. Batman: Arkham City vs. Assassin’s Creed Revelations

Only one can win!
And only one can be bought using the 20% voucher :p

So which one should I go for? And which one will most likely get a decent discount in the near future?

arkham city

driver and AC are ubisoft titles and their games drop like rocks fast.

WaywardGMG

Neo Member
Ubisoft games were being sold in the US, but due to a contract issue we had to remove them from sale. For some reason this is bringing up 404s instead of a 'not available in your region page'

If you purchased one of our titles from America before that - do not fear, keys/downloads will be honoured and working fine for all the Ubisoft titles.

I very much want to explain the refund policy but it's real busy over here today with Dead Island problems so I'll have that conversation on Monday ;)

Card Boy

Banned
Rob your Football Manager 2012 promo is showing as 5% instead of the 30% its saying on the website.

96kK3.png

AOZYp.png

Echoplx

It's region specific, the 30% off is UK only, but it works out the same anyway as the UK base price is £39.95 (£27.96 after 30% off).

wilflare

3chopl0x said:
It's region specific, the 30% off is UK only, but it works out the same anyway as the UK base price is £39.95 (£27.96 after 30% off).

i got all happy when they said up to 40%.. in the end it wasn't that much.

still a good price though

WaywardGMG said:
Ubisoft games were being sold in the US, but due to a contract issue we had to remove them from sale. For some reason this is bringing up 404s instead of a 'not available in your region page'

If you purchased one of our titles from America before that - do not fear, keys/downloads will be honoured and working fine for all the Ubisoft titles.
So no more Ubisoft games? :( Or is this temporary?

Hixx

3chopl0x said:

Do they seriously charge £40 for FM nowadays?

d0c_zaius

So I just bought Dead Island, and this is the second time in two purchases that a code they have given me doesn't work...wtf man.

Bah, you can only use the voucher once? Does it work on multiple items if you have multiple items in your cart? I just bought red orchestra but I didn't think I would have a problem reentering the code for batman.

wilflare

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Bah, you can only use the voucher once? Does it work on multiple items if you have multiple items in your cart? I just bought red orchestra but I didn't think I would have a problem reentering the code for batman.

try clearing your cache and wait for awhile before your next purchase.
have seen people reusing the same code

EDIT: note that arkham isn't steam

PaulLFC

HixxSAFC said:
Do they seriously charge £40 for FM nowadays?
I don't think so, it's a ridiculous price for a PC game (unless your name's Bobby Kotick). I think it'll just be an inflated RRP from Sega so they don't lose too much with the 40% discount. Would have bought straight away if it was 40% off £30, but since it still works out at £25 I'll see what prices are around launch.

Derrick01

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Arkham isn't steam? Hmm.....

Nope, games for windows live.

It sucks because I really wanted to get it from here for $33, whereas when it gets put up on Steam it'll probably be $45.

Cheech

Derrick01 said:

It sucks because I really wanted to get it from here for $33, whereas when it gets put up on Steam it'll probably be $45.

What's the big deal though? Don't you just add the key to the GfW launcher like you would Steam or Origin?

Derrick01 said:

Eww, it's GFWL too? Why the fuck are they still using that?

Cheech said:
What's the big deal though? Don't you just add the key to the GfW launcher like you would Steam or Origin?

Does it work like that for GFWL games? All my GFWL games I have on physical disks so I just use them to install. GFWL is a pretty crappy service too though which is disappointing that they went that route.

Derrick01

Banned
Cheech said:

Yeah but I meant it won't be on my Steam list. The adding a non steam game feature is nice I guess but it's not good enough for me to buy non steamworks games elsewhere.

Plus that would mean letting GFWL patch Arkham City instead of Steam, and I'm not going to risk that happening.

FleckSplat said:
$33 for Arkham City when it retails on consoles for 60? Priceless.

As a Canadian with 13% sales tax, the savings are remarkable. $59.99 + almost $10 when everything is done. Got Arkham off Greenman for $33 all included.

By grapthar's hammer, what a savings.

Scythian

I don't know if I should buy Dead Island or Red Orchestra 2, what do you say Gaf? And is the cheapest option just to get them from GMG?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
DoctorWho said:
As a Canadian with 13% sales tax, the savings are remarkable. $59.99 + almost $10 when everything is done. Got Arkham off Greenman for $33 all included.

By grapthar's hammer, what a savings.

Yup! In Washington state I pay almost 10% in sales tax when buying from Steam, so not having to pay sales tax alone is a nice discount.

Could Rob from GMG help me with my query?

How do we know if the Bloodbath DLC has been activated on PC? I got the two keys from GMG and entered them both first gave me something (it was like a 27kb dl) and the second is my key for the game that I already entered. I went into extra, downloadable content, but it is saying the bloodbath DLC is not activated? I didn't bloody activate a whole other Dead Island game to my account did I?

Salsa

Sutton Dagger said:

How do we know if the Bloodbath DLC has been activated on PC? I got the two keys from GMG and entered them both first gave me something (it was like a 27kb dl) and the second is my key for the game that I already entered. I went into extra, downloadable content, but it is saying the bloodbath DLC is not activated? I didn't bloody activate a whole other Dead Island game to my account did I?

you cant activate the same game more than once per steam account

right click the grid icon of the game, > properties > DLC. Should say "Dead Island: Bloodbath - Retail"

SalsaShark said:
you cant activate the same game more than once per steam account

right click the grid icon of the game, > properties > DLC. Should say "Dead Island: Bloodbath - Retail"

Awesome, I have the bloodbath DLC, so that must have been the first key and the second key is just a repeat of the key I already pre-installed. So it's all good, thanks Salsa

So I'm interested in making a new account and getting a game...if anyone wants to send over a referral, I figure I'd hand over the credit to someone here rather than some other random clown on the internet.

Edit: Thanks salsa, you're a beast. Sorry to the other two, I'd give you guys credits too if I could.

Shaneus

I just signed up from a referrer and went to buy Deus Ex AE but it says it won't take PayPal. Anyone know why? I'm in AU.

Echoplx

Shaneus said:
I just signed up from a referrer and went to buy Deus Ex AE but it says it won't take PayPal. Anyone know why? I'm in AU.

Your paypal email has to be the same as the email linked to your GMG account, that might be the cause.

Shaneus

3chopl0x said:
Your paypal email has to be the same as the email linked to your GMG account, that might be the cause.
It's not even letting me choose Paypal, though.
For security reasons we are unable to process this order through PayPal. Please contact customer support (tel: +44 (0)330 500 1515; email: http://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/requests/new) for assistance or choose an alternative method of payment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding.

Don't want to use my credit card as I really don't want to pay the exchange fee.

wilflare

Shaneus said:
It's not even letting me choose Paypal, though.

Don't want to use my credit card as I really don't want to pay the exchange fee.

hmm what game are you buying?
i faced the same problem when buying a game showing a 404 in my region.
i tried to bypass it with a VPN and that error occurs for me

Shaneus

wilflare said:
hmm what game are you buying?
i faced the same problem when buying a game showing a 404 in my region.
i tried to bypass it with a VPN and that error occurs for me
Deus Ex HR:AE. Shouldn't be any problem buying it here, others on AusGAF have had no problems.

Shaneus

wilflare said:
add me on Steam, i'll help you get it sorted out :wilflare
It's all good, dude. I've raised a support case with GMG and already have a referral sorted... just a matter of time before their customer service gets back to me and then I'll be golden.

Thanks anyway, though!

wilflare

Shaneus said:
It's all good, dude. I've raised a support case with GMG and already have a referral sorted... just a matter of time before their customer service gets back to me and then I'll be golden.

Thanks anyway, though!

glad it all worked out for you :D (wasn't trying to get any refs)
just thought i could help you pay with my paypal, you just paypal me back :)

Shaneus

Yeah, it wasn't giving me an option at all to select Paypal. It wouldn't have made any difference whose I used because there was nowhere to enter any details. Weird, but it should be fixed soon :)

Again, thanks for the offer!

wilflare

Shaneus said:
Yeah, it wasn't giving me an option at all to select Paypal. It wouldn't have made any difference whose I used because there was nowhere to enter any details. Weird, but it should be fixed soon :)

Again, thanks for the offer!

ah, i think i get you now.
hope it gets resolved for you soon :D
deus ex is not to be missed :D

Max

I am not Max
Sutton Dagger said:

So the second key they sent me is the DLC? Because I don't have it at the moment

Twinduct

Nice, got Arkham City for $28 (voucher + ref).
That's like a 50% discount from retail here.

So I assume that the capsule thing is just a download manager for the game right? Which means I can add the game as a non-steam game and launch it inside steam right?

Top Bottom