• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greenberg "BIG Hellblade II global and regional Marketing starts next week"

Frwrd

Who's going to tell him what XB execs view and call their audience in internal emails?
Oh no, don't get it twisted there has to be a shit ton of dumb motherfuckers in that camp for MS|XB to get away with half of the shit they've been doing throughout all these years, but still I can't say their entire community is as dense.

djjinx2

Oh no, don't get it twisted there has to be a shit ton of dumb motherfuckers in that camp for MS|XB to get away with half of the shit they've been doing throughout all these years, but still I can't say their entire community is as dense.
Cut-Paste-2024-05-13-21-40-08-220.jpg

iHaunter

Hellblade was a nice AA game, with a decent following. But it was never a huge blockbuster or system seller.
With this sequel, MS is probably investing too much money and resources on a game that might not have that broad mass appeal.
At this point and time. Microsoft has to make money somewhere.

Oppoi

Okay who are you? I'm talking about the ones on steam wishlisting the game. Come clean now people we know you're in here.

Unknown?

I swear I will forever look at Xbox and wonder what the hell happened. This is the same brand that gave us the Gary Jules “Mad World” Gears of War marketing and the massive Halo 3 Believe campaign but now they can’t even advertise a major exclusive a few weeks away from launch. 🙄
Gears of War?! More like TEARS OF WAR!
-Chad Warden

The problem is not even the mass appeal - it should have had a mass appeal on graphics alone - it is just no promotion or anything for the game. Media, reporters - I don't see anything.

Because there isn't a gameplay, level design, and story that supports those graphics. Besides, the XBOX audience is not one to like this type of game. I think it's pretty clear why they don't bother marketing this one. Devs are not showing much gameplay either.

TBH, I don't know how I'd market the game, given how niche it is.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I enjoyed the first game. It wasn’t a world beater or anything but it was a bit different. Looking forward to trying this one.

Couldn’t care less about the marketing strategy.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
They're only a 3 trillion dollar company. Marketing a game is too much for them. Take it easy. It's not like they're the richest company in the world.

LordCBH

I swear I will forever look at Xbox and wonder what the hell happened. This is the same brand that gave us the Gary Jules “Mad World” Gears of War marketing and the massive Halo 3 Believe campaign but now they can’t even advertise a major exclusive a few weeks away from launch. 🙄

Bro thst Mad World trailer may be my favorite video game trailer ever. It was so fucking good.

DAHGAMING

At this point it seems its on purpose, they hope it flops so its an excuse to shut down Ninja Theory.
I enjoyed the first so I am looking forward to this, although I have a sour taste as it feels we was led to belive this would be a much bigger in depth game, but it seems like its more of the same that looks better.

Cyborg

This game will bomb.....I cant believe they have no campaign for it. Its the biggest exclusive release of the year for Xbox. Right?

Biggest would be Indy, but I think they overvalue the Indy brand. Indy hasn’t been big in like forever.

Indy is Harrison Ford. A bland character with a whip and a hat is not Indy. It's impossible they have portrayed the character like in the movie trilogy so at most it will become a good adventure game in first person, which many don't like.

why not make it a demo?

PgC7tlR.jpeg

Top Bottom