• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID: Autosport - Announcement trailer and info

The_Monk

Thank you for posting this fellow GAFfer, you have been doing a good job here posting these news, I remember when you joined GAF and you have been doing a great work ever since. Keep it up!

---

Regarding to the news itself, first I was a bit upset for no PS4 version. It would be a great fit considering the lack of Gran Turismo and Driveclub so far but I'll keep an eye for the PC version. The mix of different styles makes me really excited. I love to learn and master the curves using different cars, engines and so on. I'm not good at racing games, never been but I simply love them so much and I always end up playing them for a long time. Can't wait. :)

One things I'll be curious is the sound. I love soundtracks in my games, emotional, intense, etc but in racing games my number one soundtrack are the tires screaming and the car just going angry when I speed it up so I can't wait to see what they have done regarding sound. I would love to go for a Tour at their Studios one day, they have been doing a great job and I wish I can see where they do what I love to play. In the meantime I wait, considering installing (again) GRID 2 on Steam. ;)

bee

been playing grid 2 recently, personally i much prefer it to the original, so i'll definitely be buying this. not too sure on it being more of a sim though, i enjoy these games as a quick arcade blast really

gotta give these guys credit aswell, gamers are always whining about optimisation but grid 2 and hopefully this runs incredibly well, triple screen maxed at >60fps or 3D surround at around 50fps whilst looking incredible, amazing job tbh looks and runs far better than any of the true sim games

will this game have 3D vision support? dirt 3 and grid 2 both have it, was surprised that grid 2 has it with it being dx11 only, so i really hope it is

gridqzzzu.png

Randdalf

I never played GRID 2, but will this game have the same (or improved) destruction model from GRID? Half the fun of that game for me was causing the most destruction during a race.

been playing grid 2 recently, personally i much prefer it to the original, so i'll definitely be buying this. not too sure on it being more of a sim though, i enjoy these games as a quick arcade blast really

gotta give these guys credit aswell, gamers are always whining about optimisation but grid 2 and hopefully this runs incredibly well, triple screen maxed at >60fps or 3D surround at around 50fps whilst looking incredible, amazing job tbh looks and runs far better than any of the true sim games

will this game have 3D vision support? dirt 3 and grid 2 both have it, was surprised that grid 2 has it with it being dx11 only, so i really hope it is

gridqzzzu.png

Yes, 3D vision is currently in.

Regarding the optimisation, we've been doing even more work on this (especially with Intel) so expect even more performance on lower spec machines etc

Well after how much I bitched about no cockpit view in Grid 2 I feel like I have to buy this now. ;)

Only question is, PC or PS3? Hmmm. I hope there's a demo so I can see how it runs on my PC, that may be the deciding factor.

Loore, how's wheel support looking? I have a Thrustmaster T500RS.

bee

Yes, 3D vision is currently in.

Regarding the optimisation, we've been doing even more work on this (especially with Intel) so expect even more performance on lower spec machines etc

:D woohoo, thanks for the reply, really nice looking screens btw

I never played GRID 2, but will this game have the same (or improved) destruction model from GRID? Half the fun of that game for me was causing the most destruction during a race.

Damage model has improved, especially in terms of mechanical damage (things going wrong with the car), losing gears etc.

Well after how much I bitched about no cockpit view in Grid 2 I feel like I have to buy this now. ;)

Only question is, PC or PS3? Hmmm. I hope there's a demo so I can see how it runs on my PC, that may be the deciding factor.

Loore, how's wheel support looking? I have a Thrustmaster T500RS.

Wheel support is currently being put through its paces, it's one thing we're really looking at getting right for Autosport.

Couldn't comment on the Thrustmaster atm, have played it on G25/27 and some of the Fanatec's. Will let you know once I've got the full list of confirmed controllers :)

Wheel support is currently being put through its paces, it's one thing we're really looking at getting right for Autosport.

Couldn't comment on the Thrustmaster atm, have played it on G25/27 and some of the Fanatec's. Will let you know once I've got the full list of confirmed controllers :)
OK thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Megasoum

Banned
So Loore, are the cockpits fully 3d modeled and lighted cockpits (like in GT or Forza) or it's only that black...thing...we see in the trailer?

Raven77

They can slap higher rez textures on it, but it was still designed to run on 360/PS3. Last-gen/cross gen - they both need to die.

Exactly. I didn't drop $1300 to play last gen games. It's really unfortunate too because I loved the first GRID.

I'll play this game, graphic's dont necessarily make something better, but I'll wait a few years and pick it up dirt cheap.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
A few questions:

1) Is this the same engine that was used for Grid 2? If so, what's new about it?
2) Any specific PC-exclusive graphical features of note? As in Phys-X or similar things with Nvidia?
3) Any of the tracks set in Australia?
4) As someone who bought Grid 2 but found the game rather hard even on the easiest difficulty setting will this be a bit more forgiving?

Cheers.

VVV Mars VG

gridqzzzu.png

Yep, I'm always saying that, their graphics engine is rock solid.

A few questions:

1) Is this the same engine that was used for Grid 2? If so, what's new about it?
2) Any specific PC-exclusive graphical features of note? As in Phys-X or similar things with Nvidia?
3) Any of the tracks set in Australia?
4) As someone who bought Grid 2 but found the game rather hard even on the easiest difficulty setting will this be a bit more forgiving?

Cheers.

1) it's still EGO but with continued improvements
2) PC has 4k textures and a few other things such as better track side foliage. We'll be diving into the tech stuff shortly.
3) One does spring to mind, can't confirm what one just yet though
4) Assists are back which will allow you to gradually ease your way into the game, again, we'll be talking about this later this week.

KORNdoggy

It still looks like a same old codemasters racer to me. I'm going to need some serious convincing it's handling model has changed enough to be worthwhile. And it STILL has that weird over contrasted / sepia screen filter on it, which frankly i've never understood nor liked.

Need to see gameplay, and more importantly, need a demo.

LilJoka

Really want to know if the cockpit view is a real cockpit view or just a black template thing... I get this feeling because of the announced dash only view. Otherwise sounds great so far very much looking forward to playing it.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
1) it's still EGO but with continued improvements
2) PC has 4k textures and a few other things such as better track side foliage. We'll be diving into the tech stuff shortly.
3) One does spring to mind, can't confirm what one just yet though
4) Assists are back which will allow you to gradually ease your way into the game, again, we'll be talking about this later this week.

Cool, thanks for answering. I'm going to guess the track is Bathurst, which is fine and all but I'd like to see a different Aussie track for a change. We are a very large landmass.

Sad Panda here, everything sounds good about the game, but no nextgen is a definite deal-breaker ;(
Would've been perfect too with no GT and Driveclub on the horizon...

Nice to see someone from the studio so active in this thread! Now I'll wait until you announce that you're working on next gen Dirt with longer rally races/stages :D (loved Dirt 3, but wish it had more races that were longer than couple of minutes).

HoosTrax

Wonder if they're going to be doing that whole tiered pre-order thing on Steam again, and how much it'll be (was GRID2 $49.99 or $59.99?). Made around $30 selling Steam trading cards so far.

This might be my second preorder this year, if it looks good around release time.

I'm leaning towards PC, hope my little MacBook Pro can handle it. I'm assuming it's easy to install drivers for the Thrustmaster T500RS? I've never done it before, I've only used it on my PS3.

Wonder if they're going to be doing that whole tiered pre-order thing on Steam again, and how much it'll be (was GRID2 $49.99 or $59.99?). Made around $30 selling Steam trading cards so far.

This might be my second preorder this year, if it looks good around release time.

We're still working out our Steam pre-order offers, pricing should be around the same as GRID 2 I would imagine.

Tier of rewards is something we'd like to do :)

mjames

Neo Member
Excited to see this. Hopefully it is truly a return to the roots. I'd love to have a fun game that is still "sim" enough when taking a break from iRacing, RF2, and Assetto Corsa. Will definitely buy day one if what we are hearing remains true.

Portugeezer

Always weird to see a newly announced game not on PS4/XB1. Probably just a budget/time issue, but we know PS4/XB1 owners are willing to buy games.

DD

Codemasters love is finally back, OMG! That's what we (racing games fans) all wanted.

They seemed so shy recently, you know... like "look how cool I am. I want you to love me, but I don't want to annoy you, so here are some two races championships with three laps each, so you won't get bored."

It lacked balls. Gimme a 20 races championship with 10 laps each, like the F1 games. Thats what racing games fans like. Stop trying to be Need for Speed/Fast & Furious cool. (they're not cool, actually).

One thing they finally got right this time is the fact that TRACKS > cars. We all love cars, sure, but whats cool is not the cars per se, but what you can do with them. It's sad to see games like Grid 2 and Dirt 2 and 3 with only 7 ou 8 locations.

All hail to CMR and TOCA games! :>

Top Bottom