• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID: Autosport - Announcement trailer and info

I like how they had to add the "Actual PC game play footage" copy in the video. In my opinion it doesn't look that good. I know its still under development but the game isn't awe inspiring; I'd say Forza 5, project cars, and GT6 look better. That's just from a graphical standpoint though--gameplay is a total different story altogether.

Nethaniah

I like how they had to add the "Actual PC game play footage" copy in the video. In my opinion it doesn't look that good. I know its still under development but the game isn't awe inspiring; I'd say Forza 5, project cars, and GT6 look better. That's just from a graphical standpoint though--gameplay is a total different story altogether.

While it definitely won't reach the heights of Driveclub and maybe even Forza 5 i think it will look alot better once people get their hands on it, will keep an eye on the screenshot thread for sure.

I've got the raw 1080/60 footage if anyone wants it, YouTube doesn't do it justice with it's crazy compression rules :)

Majine

Banned
GRID is back and it's going back to its roots!

GRID: Autosport aims to move the series back in line as a more authentic racing game. Set to include a more authentic handling model (more Sim than Race Driver: GRID),

Well that's disappointing.

2604243-5916699509-we-ha.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks nice. disappointed in last gen only. dying to see dirt 4.

HoosTrax

Any word on if TrackIR will be supported, like it was for the GRID1?

Mainly just curious, as the cockpit view in NFS Shift worked surprisingly well imho without relying on head tracking.

I've got the raw 1080/60 footage if anyone wants it, YouTube doesn't do it justice with it's crazy compression rules :)

Welcome to Gaf. I see you represent the fine folks at CodeMasters. Perhaps you can have Gamersyde host the uncompressed 1080/60 video and share? And yes, I agree that Youtube does not do any game justice; it only gives us a general look and feel.

Welcome to Gaf. I see you represent the fine folks at CodeMasters. Perhaps you can have Gamersyde host the uncompressed 1080/60 video and share? And yes, I agree that Youtube does not do any game justice; it only gives us a general look and feel.

Sure, tell them to get in touch and they can have it :)

DD

Please, CodiesLoore, tell me that there will be some long points based championships with more of 3 laps at each race, pleeease!

amar212

Okay, the best single detail so far.

I am waiting for 16 years that some game does that besides GT series and finally someone decided to do it.

Congratulations on that, I am so looking forward to see what designers decided to do with that aspect, becaues it is the single most overseen aspect in the overall driving/racing genre and it is amazing to finally witness another game that will tackle that challenge.

There is no "livery editor", "paint editor", "parts tuning" or whatever process that can make a car more connected and personal to player as the owner, such as consequences of the driving and maintenance-aspects when owning the vehicle virtually.

Great, great news.

Please, CodiesLoore, tell me that there will be some long points based championships with more of 3 laps at each race, pleeease!

You can change the length of races, maximum is 20 laps if I remember rightly. You can also set up your own custom cups with multiple races, each with practice and qualifying should you wish.

Sounds great, get that footage on gamersyde!

It's sat here, ready and waiting :)

LilJoka

Okay, the best single detail so far.

I am waiting for 16 years that some game does that besides GT series and finally someone decided to do it.

Congratulations on that, I am so looking forward to see what designers decided to do with that aspect, becaues it is the single most overseen aspect in the overall driving/racing genre and it is amazing to finally witness another game that will tackle that challenge.

There is no "livery editor", "paint editor", "parts tuning" or whatever process that can make a car more connected and personal to player as the owner, such as consequences of the driving and maintenance-aspects when owning the vehicle virtually.

Great, great news.

Agree, the maintenance aspect makes it soo personal.

Visuals look very nice and Codies always make great trailers, but it does seem odd that they're sticking to last gen only. If it really does return to the style of the original TOCA games I'm definitely interested.

DD

You can change the length of races, maximum is 20 laps if I remember rightly. You can also set up your own custom cups with multiple races, each with practice and qualifying should you wish.

It's sat here, ready and waiting :)

Sold.

I really enjoyed Grid 1 and 2, and the Dirt series too, but I always felt that it was less than you guys are capable to do. It was like seeing Cristiano Ronaldo playing on the defense.

But now it seems that you got everything right. That's the good old Codemasters I love. :)

Dilly

Banned
Sad Panda here, everything sounds good about the game, but no nextgen is a definite deal-breaker ;(
Would've been perfect too with no GT and Driveclub on the horizon...

pCARS for next gen.

Trailer was enough to keep me interested, but Codemaster really should have kept the GRID name to this and made GRID 2 into a different IP, because it's confusing as it is right now.

If I'd see GRID: Autosport next to GRID2 in a shop, I'd think the latter is the newer game.

p3tran

Banned
thank you for the input CodiesLoore

two things please:
1) handling model. please make it the best you can.
for example, you test it, and if it is not satisfactory in its own right to run lap after lap on an empty track trying to improve your laptime, then still something's missing.
2) of course more interested in pc version, so in case handling model is great, please make sure to be compatible with thrustmaster, both the t500 and the xbone/pc version, the tx1 or however its called.

cheers!

oh, and hook up with blimblim already!! what you still doing with dat footage??

MJLord

'But' at 60fps? You can be sure that if Codemasters decided to put Grid: Autosport on PS4/One, it would be 60fps.

It's not a switch you can just flick. If they're not confident it would come out well then you've got no choice but to wait.

thank you for the input CodiesLoore

two things please:
1) handling model. please make it the best you can.
for example, you test it, and if it is not satisfactory in its own right to run lap after lap on an empty track trying to improve your laptime, then still something's missing.
2) of course more interested in pc version, so in case handling model is great, please make sure to be compatible with thrustmaster, both the t500 and the xbone/pc version, the tx1 or however its called.

cheers!

oh, and hook up with blimblim already!! what you still doing with dat footage??

1) We've been doing exactly that in the office, knocking tenths off our times :)
2) T500 (RS) is compatible on PC

HoosTrax

day one!
and

ravenwest!!!!! >:/
Oh god, eff Team Ravenwest. I remember them making me rage during the final race (Le Mans I think?). I don't know if it was due to trying to play it on a controller, or ridiculous rubber-banding AI (how the hell are you catching me on a straight when I had left you in my dust, out of sight, earlier).

MaLDo

CodiesLoore, can you confirm if Advanced Blending and Smoke Shadows are available for every gpu in Grid Autosport? (they were intel exclusvie for Grid 2)

Nethaniah

One of the Colin McRae Rally games in the PS2 era IIRC

So not a sure thing at all, they could just as well pull out all the stops and go full graphics and in turn lock it at 30.

I'm still for an option to let people choose, 30fps / max graphical quality or 60fps / limited graphical quality.

There's still some Intel exclusive stuff in there, I'll take a look next time I boot the game and report back.

Have to admit that Intel exclusive stuff was kinda jarring when you have one of the best gpu's in your pc but not that specific type of Intel cpu.

Fox Mulder

Trailer looked nice, Malaysia looked sexy at night and we don't get enough night racing anymore.

I won't be buying a ps4/xbo until the holidays anyways, so might just play the shit out of this all summer.

amar212

I'm still for an option to let people choose, 30fps / max graphical quality or 60fps / limited graphical quality.

It is not that simple.

FPS is more issue of the CPU than GPU and in driving games it is connected to various sub-engines not directly connected to graphics, such as real-time visual damage, real-time mechanical damage, AI routines, sound, etc.

If you decided to go for 60fps, you would need to make damn serious compromises in those, not simply tone-down details in mesh or textures.

Throw in multi-platform development with completely different CPU-architecture and you may easily throw your budget and timeframe through the window.

Top Bottom