• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V achievements revealed

Fuck Rockstar and their mission rankings. Worst thing they've ever added to their games. Just let me play through the game without worrying about how long I took or how much damage I took. Trying to finish up BoGT is infuriating because of this.

Zaventem

Spaceship parts/nuclear waste better be... Less stupid than it sounds.

Hopefully taking the piss out of foil hats rather than indulging in them.

Well this was in the online trailer ahaha
themanlol.png

So they might be doing both.

Fuck the online achievements, ugh.

Spaceship parts/nuclear waste better be... Less stupid than it sounds.

Hopefully taking the piss out of foil hats rather than indulging in them.
The UFO story in SA was pretty much that, I'm not expecting anything else.

Edit: by UFO I mean all the conspirationist bullshit with that crazy guy in the desert.

terrible

Banned
So glad I don't care about achievements. Online ones are the worst. How many people got Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic legitimately in GTA IV? Doubt anyone did.

Prologue

Looks like you can buy at least one business in SA(cab company). I'm hoping for more but I would think there would be some sort of achievement.

Wasp

Fuck Rockstar and their mission rankings. Worst thing they've ever added to their games. Just let me play through the game without worrying about how long I took or how much damage I took. Trying to finish up BoGT is infuriating because of this.
This. I hate being graded in games. Games are supposed to be fun not homework.

I remember trying to get at least a silver in all missions in BoGT. One of the criteria for one of the missions was to land directly on a boat after jumping from a skyscraper and parachuting down. Took me about ten attempts but I finally did it. Got to the mission complete screen and in the 'land directly on boat' objective it said unachieved. I was furious.

Chris R

Nothing could be worse than max level online GTA IV. The "Finish Every Online Mission" wasn't hard at all, but fuck that max level achievement.

Dingotech

Far out online achievements can fuck right off seriously...

Just make your online mode fun and I will play it!! Now I have to be a jerk and grind for achievements online which will ruin mine and everybody that I play withs fun.

So at the very least 70 missions and stranger sidequests together. More than GTA 3 And I think Vice City. Someone want to verify that for Me?

Alienous

Far out online achievements can fuck right off seriously...

Just make your online mode fun and I will okay play it!! Now I have to be a jerk and grind for achievements online which will ruin mine and everybody that I play withs fun.

Or you could just ignore the achievements, play regularly, and earn whichever achievements you earn.

Alienous

Yeah that ain't going to happen...

I really do enjoy achievement hunting. But put it online and it impacts other people.

Only if you're impatient.

After about a year after release, I earned most of Red Dead Redemption's online achievements naturally. But yeah, if you want to get them all week one, that isn't going to be any fun for anyone.

Dingotech

Only if you're impatient.

After about a year after release, I earned most of Red Dead Redemption's online achievements naturally. But yeah, if you want to get them all week one, that isn't going to be any fun for anyone.

I'm the most impatient person I know lol.

I don't care about a few weeks but a year is way too long!

I just know in the past online achievements have had me playing much different to how I would be playing if I wasn't trying to earn said achievements.

Alienous

Guessing that's from GTA online.

I assuming the stores you rob aren't newly built interiors, just for GTA Online. So I imagine that there are only 20 stores you can enter in GTA V, or perhaps even less. You can enter a convenience store in GTA Online, and I'm not sure if you can do the same in GTA V.

It seems like you would get quickly bored of robbing the same 20 stores in GTA Online.

Yerolo

Now to decide if I want this on PS3 or 360.

I'm faced with the same dilemma. Hopefully a LoT or DF article is published before release so I can make a decision. If we get confirmation it runs identically on both, Ill get it for 360 for sure. I hate the Dualshock 3

Top Bottom