• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Rockstar is confident' GTA VI will run at 60FPS on the PS5

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Grand Theft Auto Bikini GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Grand Theft Auto Gta6 GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Gta V Party GIF

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
At this stage of development, they should be saying GTA6 "is running" not "will run".

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Not necessarily. Polishing and optimizing are some of the last things they do and the game could still be over a year away.

As for the OP, it could mean one of two things:

1. Rockstar is great at optimizing
2. The game isn't very ambitious and doesn't do much more than GTA V

I really hope it's 1.

The snowball with this issue has become enormous (PS5pro, Xbox next, zen9, 60fps, etc...), in the end the majority of the public will play it on a base PS5 so happily.

At this stage of development, they should be saying GTA6 "is running" not "will run".

Optimization is literally the last stage. Some games are barely running at 30fps only 3 months before release and on release they can run at 60fps in some modes.

Fabieter

Doom 2016 looked good on ps4 at 60 fps. It's when devs decice to focus on 60 fps and still make a beautiful game. It's certainly possible.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am kinda disappointed but the CPUs are very powerful if utilized properly and if they were able to properly multithread them then 60 fps could be possible along with the kind of physics and NPC simulations we are expecting from this game.

Last edited:

ssringo

Have my doubts but if anyone could do it, it'd be a company that has the time and money to spend optimizing the shit out their game knowing they'll make all that money back day 1.

Last edited:

nkarafo

GTA V still looks great. Even IV still looks good on PC with a few fixes.

Rockstar cities look good enough graphics wise but most of the visual flair comes from the little details, quantity of assets, art direction and the way every building and street is designed. Other games may look more impressive graphically, but their cities still don't look as realistic or interesting to explore.

What i'm saying is GTA VI can still look amazing without being too demanding so it can run at 60fps.

Mr.Phoenix

When the game is still like 18+ months out?
Leave it to Gaf to correct Rockstar.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't know what kinda conditioning has happened to make people believe this isn't possible. I am beginning to sound like a broken record, but if a game is optimized properly, the CPU in a PS5/XSX is more than capable of running games at 60fps.

A game like GTA fits the description of the kinda game that Sony would probably send engineers over to Rockstar to ensure such optimizations are made.

I guess everyone is now accustomed to piss-poor optimizations from developers these days. I wonder if people even realize that something as prevalent of compilation stutters on PC is a clear case of poor optimization. And same can be said when only one or two threads in a 12-16 thread CPU is being fully utilized while the rest are on holiday. But now we just accept this shit.

Killjoy-NL

When the game is still like 18+ months out?

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't know what kinda conditioning has happened to make people believe this isn't possible. I am beginning to sound like a broken record, but if a game is optimized properly, the CPU in a PS5/XSX is more than capable of running games at 60fps.

A game like GTA fits the description of the kinda game that Sony would probably send engineers over to Rockstar to ensure such optimizations are made.

I guess everyone is now accustomed to piss-poor optimizations from developers these days. I wonder if people even realize that something as prevalent of compilation stutters on PC is a clear case of poor optimization. And same can be said when only one or two threads in a 12-16 thread CPU is being fully utilized while the rest are on holiday. But now we just accept this shit.
Just in case, I agree and was just making fun of Gaf.
Gaf is more often wrong than right when it comes to the capabilities of console hardware.

Kerotan

Maybe they meant the PS5 Pro.
The pro would only boost Frames by 10% but VRR would help too.

If these modes are true for the regular ps5 the pro will have fantastic performance because it's essentially a significant resolution enhancer.

T4keD0wN

Provided that this is true, its good to hear that theyre willing to spend money and time on optimization, rare stuff nowadays.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
*Post deleted and all reference to this human existing has been erased off the face of the earth by rockstar ninjas.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
GTA games have awesome production values. If there's a 1080p/60 mode I'd take that over a typical GTA game on consoles that can barely hold 30.

Last edited:
Top Bottom