• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V achievements revealed

I assuming the stores you rob aren't newly built interiors, just for GTA Online. So I imagine that there are only 20 stores you can enter in GTA V, or perhaps even less. You can enter a convenience store in GTA Online, and I'm not sure if you can do the same in GTA V.

It seems like you would get quickly bored of robbing the same 20 stores in GTA Online.

Wat?

Alienous

• I'm assuming that the store interiors for GTA Online are shared with GTA V.
  • So my first disappointment is that it looks like there will be 20 'enterable' stores in GTA V, which is far, far less than even one per street.
  • My second disappointment is that there are only 20 stores you can rob from in GTA Online. This implies that, across the entirety of Los Santos and Blaine County, there are only 20 locations where you can initiate a robbery. It's unlikely that you can your crew would be driving and see a store, and think to rob it; stores, because they are sparse, would have to be destinations.
  • My third disappointment is that, after several dozen hours of play, having to go to one of the same 20 locations could become boring. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this, but it seems like 50 stores (moderately unique interiors) sprinkled along Los Santos would be perfect, given the impressions I've gotten about the size of the city.

sunnz

• So my first disappointment is that it looks like there will be 20 'enterable' stores in GTA V, which is far, far less than even one per street.
  • My second disappointment is that there are only 20 stores you can rob from in GTA Online. This implies that, across the entirety of Los Santos and Blaine County, there are only 20 locations where you can initiate a robbery. It's unlikely that you can your crew would be driving and see a store, and think to rob it; stores, because they are sparse, would have to be destinations.
  • My third disappointment is that, after several dozen hours of play, having to go to one of the same 20 locations could become boring. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this, but it seems like 50 stores (moderately unique interiors) sprinkled along Los Santos would be perfect, given the impressions I've gotten about the size of the city.

I assume the 20 stores doesn't include the banks you can rob too right?
I honestly don't see the problem. 20 liquor style stores to do some small time stealing from seems fine by me.

If it includes banks, then yea it does seem a little low.

Now this is just me assuming, but I think at the most we will see like 12 or so different towns in the game. Now having 1 in each, 4 or 5 in Los Santos city and having the rest spread out as fuel station locations, it doesn't seem that bad again.

Considering you couldn't rob shit in GTAIV, 20 is okay with me.

I hope to God it doesn’t take as long as it did in GTA IV to rank up fully...

Other than that it seems like a decent list. It’s so close now I can smell it!

TheJLC

Rank 100? My god... Hopefully it doesn't take ages to level up to that. While at the same time, I hope you can't level that in under 20 hours.

Tohsaka

I really want to get the Platinum trophy for this, but I'm not too fond of multiplayer in general and the game seems to require a lot of time spent in GTA Online. I might just settle for getting all the single-player trophies like I did with GTA IV. I even got one of the Key to the City physical rewards for getting 100% in the first week or however soon it was.

Fjordson

Aliens? A cult war(Epsilon and Altruist)? Spending $200 million? Collecting nuclear waste? Bounty hunting?

Oh hell yes.
Seriously, I'm starting to get so hyped (and I was already pretty excited).

I love that bounty hunting will be in this. I had a lot of fun with it in Red Dead. I'm assuming it'll be Trevor, huntin' crazies out in the sticks and in the mountains. Can't freaking wait.

Bishop89

i didnt see any 'kill 200 pigeons' achievement.

Thank the lord.

its going to be one of those secret achievements, isnt it? :(

i didnt see any 'kill 200 pigeons' achievement.

Thank the lord.

its going to be one of those secret achievements, isnt it? :(

God, I hope not. That was fucking painful in 4. If they have to go back to that, they should make it like VC or 3 where the rewards come more frequently, and are actually of use.

Good god at those multiplayer achievements.....

"Numero Uno" looks as fucked up as "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic", plus Rank 100 and 30 Platinum medals in MP.

Guess I'll just do the SP achievements and get those. LA Noire and RDR will probably remain my only platinumed Rockstar games this gen.

satriales

An "insured vehicle?" Seriously? This game needs to take itself a little less seriously.

What's the point in spending money on customising a car if as soon as you crash it you have to abandon it and steal another one, losing the custom car forever?

Presumably with insurance your car will (if insured) be repaired and delivered back to your garage after a crash.

What's the point in spending money on customising a car if as soon as you crash it you have to abandon it and steal another one, losing the custom car forever?

Presumably with insurance your car will (if insured) be repaired and delivered back to your garage after a crash.

I think his issue is the that car is "insured" as in "Why dey ain't just call it 'car respawn' like Saints Row or something, dawg?"

Because insuring your car, essentially just a more realistic/world building version of the same mechanic, is apparently the game taking itself too seriously.

woen

Yep that's confirmed. "You can take out insurance and ring for a replacement car if yours gets destroyed." http://www.gtav.net/

Fjordson

Yep. For a small fee you can recover it from an impound.

Not sure why anyone would complain about that. Pretty awesome feature that'll make me much more likely to get into the vehicle customization.

Yep. For a small fee you can recover it from an impound.

Not sure why anyone would complain about that. Pretty awesome feature that'll make me much more likely to get into the vehicle customization.

It's definitely a great feature. one of the areas that Saint's Row was definitely better than GTA in. In GTA4 it was such a pain in the ass to find a decent car, and missions would sometimes eat them that a good car was mostly useless except for dicking around. Hopefully this will change that.

Although there's still no Stinger apparently. :(

Fjordson

It's definitely a great feature. one of the areas that Saint's Row was definitely better than GTA in. In GTA4 it was such a pain in the ass to find a decent car, and missions would sometimes eat them that a good car was mostly useless except for dicking around. Hopefully this will change that.

Although there's still no Stinger apparently. :(
Exactly. Collecting cars has always been fun in GTA, but I've always been hesitant to use anything nice in missions or whatever because of the likely chance that I'll lose it.

Thiis will fix that so I'll be able to actually use my souped up cars.

Gun Animal

There are probably a lot more merchants (food, medical marijuana, bars, clothes, cars etc) but only 20 you can actually rob. So there's probably at least one or two merchants on every block, but there's only a few kinds of merchants that you can actually hold up. (liquer stores, convenience stores, banks etc)

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer basically had like, what, 5-10 forts you could raid in free roam? That was more than enough, especially with all the other modes. 20 smaller forts (liqueur/convenience stores) plus however many larger forts (banks) almost sounds like overkill.

woen

Ugh, now that spoilers are out in the air I have to be more careful going round websites. :/

I read all the achievements (including secret ones), they are not big spoilers, don't worry. The real spoilers will begin if the game is leaked like 10 days before the release.

Top Bottom