• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V achievements revealed

BTW it's inspired by my country ...hehe

map_outline.jpg

deutschland-17311.png

I'm faced with the same dilemma. Hopefully a LoT or DF article is published before release so I can make a decision. If we get confirmation it runs identically on both, Ill get it for 360 for sure. I hate the Dualshock 3
At this point, I'm thinking 360 because:
- R* games have a history of being a tad better there, even though that gap seems to have been closing over time.
- I should be able to install everything (the mandatory install and the usual install option), so no spinning disc and I hate these.

But yeah, it's a bit frustrating to preorder and wonder if you're choosing the right version.

shield

I'm faced with the same dilemma. Hopefully a LoT or DF article is published before release so I can make a decision. If we get confirmation it runs identically on both, Ill get it for 360 for sure. I hate the Dualshock 3

Despite gaming on the PS3 much more these days, I went with 360 after they confirmed there was no disc switching once everything is installed. I know more people who have an Xbox and I prefer the controller, so with how much they're pushing GTA Online it made sense for me.

Robot Pants

Im in this boat too. I really wish I knew the answer already. I'm thinking 360 for the online, unless the PS3 version is a lot better.

Yerolo

Im in this boat too. I really wish I knew the answer already. I'm thinking 360 for the online, unless the PS3 version is a lot better.

I don't have a gold account (but I would probably subscribe for the gta online), but free multi on the PS3 is a big plus on that side

I need to get one of those adapters that allows you to use the xbox controller on the PS3

dejay

Banned
Having to spend over $200m seems to indicate that there is a lot to buy, as in property. Can't wait.

Taxi missions whoo, hopefully available for the entire game. Not reading anymore achievements.

I'm glad to see taxi missions confirmed. I never got to do many of the GTA IV missions before the cab company got destroyed. I always used the cab missions to help me learn the cities. I hate having to rely on the mini-map for navigation; I don't learn the city that way and hence I don't feel connected to it.

"GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode."

sweet jesus.

Why are you sure it's for Online? Online isn't mentioned in the cheevo.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is there a limit to the amount of achievements you can have on X360? What about PS3? I figure a big game like GTA V really needs like a gazillion achievements.

I don't mind multiplayer achievements as long as multiplayer is fun. (Although the Rank 100 one might be pushing things)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is there a limit to the amount of achievements you can have on X360? What about PS3? I figure a big game like GTA V really needs like a gazillion achievements.

I don't mind multiplayer achievements as long as multiplayer is fun. (Although the Rank 100 one might be pushing things)

1000G max for Xbox games.

dejay

Banned
I was thinking maybe From Beyond The Stars would cover it, but then it would probably be more than a lousy 15G.

There's nuclear waste and ship parts to collect, so that's 30 points. The fact that there's a mystery achievement between those two might indicate more hidden things to find there, so a total of 45 points for hidden packages. Three different types of hidden stuff would bring it inline with GTA SA.

i just copied/pasted from here:

link

Wonder why the pic in the OP is diferent. Thanks. Damn, that's a lot of online achievements.

Muffdraul

There's nuclear waste and ship parts to collect, so that's 30 points. The fact that there's a mystery achievement between those two might indicate more hidden things to find there, so a total of 45 points for hidden packages. Three different types of hidden stuff would bring it inline with GTA SA.

That's what I meant to say, off course!

There's quite a bit of online ridiculousness in this list. I am disappoint.

Also, 100% Game Completion? I hope they don't add to that percentage in tiny increments like it was handled in games like Just Cause 2. That shit was a grindfest.

dejay

Banned
Dammit - I'm dumb. Leonora Johnson - related to CJ?

That's what I meant to say, off course!

Just thinking about it - it kinda keeps it "realistic" whilst still being gamey goodness. If there's scattered nuclear waste in the water, you'd get paid to collect that (replaces oysters). If there were a spaceship that blew up, or something like that, then they'd be valuable to some whackos (replaces horse shoes) and finding clues would replace tagging walls.

cripterion

That reminds me, can I get approved to join neogaf crew, the neogang, on rockstar social web? Dunno if the person managing it is still around...

I remember hearing Max Payne 3 crews will make the jump to this new GTA

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
An "insured vehicle?" Seriously? This game needs to take itself a little less seriously.

Alienous

An "insured vehicle?" Seriously? This game needs to take itself a little less seriously.

That's one aspect involved to make the game more fun, rather than be more realistic. You can have you customized vehicles insured, for a cost, or go uninsured and risk having your vehicle permanently damaged.

abundant

That book was closed when the gameplay trailer came out. The book was burned when the online trailer came out out.

I know that, but for those people claiming that GTA IV looked great in trailers, therefore the GTA V trailers couldn't be trusted, have nothing to worry about now. GTA V will be the sequel to SA that everyone wanted.

sappyday

The secret achievements are major, MAJOR spoliers. :/

Are they? I couldn't tell what I was reading. I mean one of them for sure is a spoiler and I'll know about it once I get to that part of the game but the rest I couldn't tell what they meant.

sadly no bigfoot achievement :(

Top Bottom