• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Fjordson

Hmm, that seems weird to me. What's the point of a safe house if you aren't safe? And plus you can't fight back at all either. It's almost like they are the most unsafe places to be.
Eh, they're really just meant as a place to save / advance the in-game clock. And they're even less integral now than in past GTA's since you can quick save anywhere on the cell phone.

Not being able to fire back is odd, though. Seems like an oversight R* just forgot about.

Siegmeyer

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I've jumped back into this after many months away and whilst dicking about on Mt. Chiliad I saw the weird picture that hints at a UFO and jetpack Easter Egg. I'd completely forgotten about it, but did the 'mystery' ever get solved?

Fjordson

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I've jumped back into this after many months away and whilst dicking about on Mt. Chiliad I saw the weird picture that hints at a UFO and jetpack Easter Egg. I'd completely forgotten about it, but did the 'mystery' ever get solved?
Spoilers

Sadly no Jetpack in the game, despite some weird hints like the one you mentioned. As for UFO's, there's actually 2-3 in the game and a sunken one off the coast of Paleto Bay.

Just received a series of messages from a complete stranger on PS4 telling me how evil and misogynistic GTA V is. And then called me petty insults when I asked for he/she to back up their claims.

They said I was too stupid to understand anything "deep".

Some strange people on the internet. Very strange.

Condemned

Banned
Hi Everyone. Ive played 3 of the heists with no issues. However Lester has not called me to areange the next heist. Ive tried switch session etc but no call. Been trying for an hour with no call. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

=)

Eklipsis

Just got my ps4 today Wooo! Traded in my ps3 at gamestop for 175 towards my ps4 and also got gta v. So as soon as I get back home from work I'll be playing. Psn id is king_coopr if anyone wants to add me. Also I have the hearse if anyone needs it I can make it spawn.

bud23

Welcome To Los Santos Album Now Available to Pre-Order

actual_1425655389.jpg

Welcome To Los Santos, the genre-spanning collection of music inspired by the world of Grand Theft Auto V, is now available to pre-order at iTunes with the track 'Play It Cool', by Gangrene featuring Earl Sweatshirt and Sam T. Herring of Future Islands available for download now with every pre-order.

Created and compiled by Alchemist and Oh No and heavily influenced and inspired by their work on the score of Grand Theft Auto V with late legendary composer Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream and Woody Jackson, Welcome To Los Santos consists of all original tracks featuring a diverse array of artists spanning hip-hop, electronica, dancehall, rock, r'n'b and more. Music contained on Welcome To Los Santos will also feature on The Lab, a brand new radio station making its debut within Grand Theft Auto V for PC. The full album will be available on CD, vinyl and digital download on April 21 via Mass Appeal Records.

Check the album's full tracklist below:

1. Gangrene – Play It Cool feat. Samuel T. Herring (of Future Islands) & Earl Sweatshirt
2. Ab-Soul – Trouble feat. Aloe Blacc
3. Tunde Adebimpe – Speedline Miracle Masterpiece feat. Sal P & Sinkane
4. MC Eiht & Freddie Gibbs – Welcome to Los Santos feat. Kokane
5. Phantogram – K.Y.S.A
6. Vybz Kartel – Fast Life
7. King Avriel – 20's 50's 100's feat. A$AP Ferg
8. MNDR – Lock & Load feat. Killer Mike
9. Popcaan – Born Bad feat. Freddie Gibbs
10. E-40 – California feat. Dam-Funk & Ariel Pink
11. Wavves – Leave
12. Curren$y & Freddie Gibbs – Fetti
13. Little Dragon – Wanderer
14. Action Bronson & Danny Brown – Bad News

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...o-los-santos-album-now-available-to-pre-order

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/music/welcometolossantos

for DLC do you guys think the trio will return or will we get new protagonists like the episodes of liberty city for GTA IV

I have no idea, but i would kill for a Lamar DLC.

N° 2048

I have such a weird bug going on.

When my internet is in full use like when I am downloading a torrent or something it doesn't load my save game. If I pause the torrent and free up bandwidth then it loads fine while online.

If I disable my internet on the PS4, it loads my save game fine all the time.

Wtf?

I have such a weird bug going on.

When my internet is in full use like when I am downloading a torrent or something it doesn't load my save game. If I pause the torrent and free up bandwidth then it loads fine while online.

If I disable my internet on the PS4, it loads my save game fine all the time.

Wtf?

Cloud Save?

spoilers..which really made me angry

A and B endings just seem rushed and make absolutely no sense....

first off

A Ending: Why the Heck is Trevor running away from Franklin..T is not someone to run away from someone especially Franklin he would of fought him straight up

B Ending: same with Michael why is he running away from Franklin..Michael is the greater marksman than Franklin, he could outshoot him..
just seemed like rushed endings for shock value

I think they intended Ending C as the only real canon ending or the only one meant to have full production values... and the other two were just tagged on to offer the players some freedom juuuuuust in case anyone reeeaaaally felt a lot of .... dislike. anyhow, that was always my impression. sort of like bonuses rather than meant to be 3 equally balanced choices.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've been trying to steal the military jet from the military base and I'm getting pissed off. I didn't have anywhere near this much trouble in the PS3 version. I get shot as soon as I get off the ground. Like, literally just off the ground. I'm not even in the air. Have you guys had similar issues in the PS4 version? It really feels like they upped the difficulty for this in the PS4 version. Feels impossible now frankly.

valkyre

Noob questions incoming:

Is there a way to customize your weapons (removing/adding parts you own like supressors/flashlights etc) without having to visit an amunation store? Like a quick menu or something? Because it really sucks to go through all the trouble to customize your stuff.

Also, I attached a flashlight in my shotgun and yet it wasnt working, is there a button prompt to activate flashlight? I tried but couldnt make it work.

spoilers..which really made me angry

A and B endings just seem rushed and make absolutely no sense....

first off

A Ending: Why the Heck is Trevor running away from Franklin..T is not someone to run away from someone especially Franklin he would of fought him straight up

B Ending: same with Michael why is he running away from Franklin..Michael is the greater marksman than Franklin, he could outshoot him..
just seemed like rushed endings for shock value

Agreed.

When I first played it, I thought that C - deathwish, meant that all 3 of the characters died and you just "restarted" before the last mission after that, so I weighed my options and decided to kill Michael, because I had more open missions for Trevor. I was so outright pissed with how they handled it because suddenly Franklin was mad at Michael for... holding him back... And Michael was terrified of Franklin? It's like, none of it came from anywhere. Franklin never complains to Michael about being held back, Michael is never scared of Franklin... So it's totally out of character.

I reloaded and played C and realized that this one is the "true" ending, and it was a very fitting ending for the game, but I was pissed that I played that other ending first because it spoiled the ending of the game for me.

Honestly, I think they should have just done one ending, the C ending, and not given the guise of choice.

Noob questions incoming:

Is there a way to customize your weapons (removing/adding parts you own like supressors/flashlights etc) without having to visit an amunation store? Like a quick menu or something? Because it really sucks to go through all the trouble to customize your stuff.

Also, I attached a flashlight in my shotgun and yet it wasnt working, is there a button prompt to activate flashlight? I tried but couldnt make it work.

In terms of removing and adding parts, no, you have to go to Ammunation to have parts put on or removed. But you can toggle your flashlight with Right on the DPad while you have the gun pulled out and aiming with it (so, left trigger + Dpad Right).

So it's not possible to steer vehicles and look around (whilst on foot) with the left stick in FPS mode or am I missing something (ps4 version)?

The right analog stick controls your "looking" when in a vehicle, so yes, you can steer with the left analog stick and use the right analog stick to turn your head to the left or right. R3 still looks behind as well.

I typically turn off first person mode in vehicles, it's cool and very detailed, but it's just impossible to see anything because it seems like your player is sitting so low in his chair and can't see over the dash.

AmyS

Okay, I have a really stupid question that maybe I shouldn't really be asking but it just came to mind so I am gonna ask.

The second trailer for the PS4/Xbox One version titled 'A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip' - Does the single player (or at least SP+MP) actually feature every bit of the content shown in those scenes?

I ask because, since November 18th I haven't done much more with GTA5 than mess around with the game (I'm savoring it) and have only completed the first 6 or 7 missions.

I'd also forgotten how great that trailer was, definitely better than the launch one!

Megatron

I haven't picked up this game in a while but I am pretty sure I have to switch characters. I dont remember how to do that. Can anyone tell me?

Okay, I have a really stupid question that maybe I shouldn't really be asking but it just came to mind so I am gonna ask.

The second trailer for the PS4/Xbox One version titled 'A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip' - Does the single player (or at least SP+MP) actually feature every bit of the content shown in those scenes?

I ask because, since November 18th I haven't done much more with GTA5 than mess around with the game (I'm savoring it) and have only completed the first 6 or 7 missions.

I'd also forgotten how great that trailer was, definitely better than the launch one!

Sure does. I've listed most of them out and spoilered how they appear in the game

• "Welcome to show business" -
    Michael mission that opens up 50% of the way through the game or so
  • Mime -
    Random guy you can find in the world with some limited interactions
  • Guy in purple vest -
    I forget who this is, side quest with Franklin
  • Guy with flag in the Sonora desert -
    Another random NPC you can find in the world who yells racist things at Franklin
  • "think about the person you'd like to be and really obsess about it" -
    Michael's psychologist missions
  • Muscle guy -
    Random NPC you can't really interact with on the beach
  • Trevor stumbling around in underwear -
    Random moment in the game that happens when you switch to Trevor, usually when he's relocated to Vespucci Beach about 30% of the way through his story
  • "But I do get concerned about the monsters" -
    A pot advocate who each character can interact with; Michael and Trevor get fucked up hallucinations with him. Franklin, nothing, but Franklin can organize a 'smoke out' with him.
  • Aliens -
    Part of a great mission with Michael, but it's a hallucination basically
  • Zombie -
    A random NPC acting like a zombie, limited interactions
  • Killer Whale -
    Animal in the wild
  • "picket fence, dog named skip" -
    A side mission for trevor
  • "Make him pure!" -
    A side mission for Trevor
  • Dancing clown with guns -
    A pot hallucination for... Trevor I think
  • Monkeys -
    A story mission
  • Guy with alien disc -
    a side mission
  • Alien spaceship -
    Story mission of a hallucination with michael
  • Rocksetship car -
    Related to guy with alien disc mission, stupid
  • We're not worthy old people -
    A side mission with Trevor
  • Michael skydiving naked -
    Related to the alien hallucination story mission

Anyone know where exactly on the map this location from the first next gen trailer is?
GTA-V-PS3-vs-PS4-2.jpg

I'm playing on Xbox One, and I'm curious how close it looks to the trailer footage.

Anyone know where exactly on the map this location from the first next gen trailer is?
GTA-V-PS3-vs-PS4-2.jpg

I'm playing on Xbox One, and I'm curious how close it looks to the trailer footage.

I'm pretty sure I found it, but they must have changed the area a little for the final build or something, it doesn't quite look the same.

17324716845_bc8b3c4c44_o.jpg

17137145040_27a690160e_o.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So we thinking single player DLC signs at E3? Maybe before? Obviously Rockstar doesn't do E3, but the GTA IV DLC was announced at E3(even if it was part of an exclusivity deal that I just don't see happening this generation.)

So we thinking single player DLC signs at E3? Maybe before? Obviously Rockstar doesn't do E3, but the GTA IV DLC was announced at E3(even if it was part of an exclusivity deal that I just don't see happening this generation.)

Rockstar doesn't do a booth or presentation at E3, but they've been present at the last three E3s... Last year, they announced GTAV Next Gen (+ Trailer) at the Sony presser and then blew the doors off their media on their website just after. Was awesome.

If it did its probably gonna be with Sony this time around but i hope its out all at once for all platforms, no one left behind!

Alpende

I'm playing trough the game again on PS4 and just got the Solomon missions. During a cutscene I hear a random explosion and when the cutscene is finished I walk outside to see that an airplane just crashed. I made a video with ShareFactory because why not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqiNgFmcuCU

Thought it was kinda funny and I haven't come across something like that in my time playing the game.

On Demand

Banned
Did this on PS3 get a downgrade? I was just playing it and i seriously don't remember it looking this bad. This isn't the first time I've went back to the PS3 version either. It really stood out to me this time.

Am I just getting use the PS4 visuals? Cause damn.

Many folks from the NG release still free roaming regularly the SP mode? What sort of stuff you do, or have any crazy shit happen?

Trevor as CEO of Trevor Philips Industries tries to keep busy every week yet...

Log-in regularly to do 'Three Man Army' Hangout raids...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1-9YMcjRg

Or Hangout to shoot up bikers and Ballas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLYpOD97aA

Follow random cop chases to see the crazy shit Cops and Civilians do...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcm71No9A0k

Rob convenience stores...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV6BAUlehAQ

Armored cars...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uNtEiWLNU

Or, just log-in to the Trevor Philips Industries oil field and just appreciate the beauty of the Grand Senora desert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdb79ZuG968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGL3KlMLqWI

I have a couple big screens where I work and sometimes while I have Bloomberg on one I'll leave Trevor idling in the desert on the other, just listening to the caws of crows and creaks of oil derricks to relax.

6d_lDuHrBUiKTZ_pnrPVEA_0_0.jpg

2JKKpZFL_E2fTCRDIyLP_A_0_0.jpg

Not much to do day-in and day-out post-Big One but Trevor tries to keep busy with at least the Hangouts and random robberies and cop chases. He's the CEO of a major international company, after all, and not a man of leisure. There's money to be made in these hills.

Flying the flag for US manufacturing.
You know, they say the American industry, but, uh, Trevor Philips Enterprises, eh-heh-ha, we got a good export story.
The Mexicans need guns, and someone's gotta get it to 'em.

...And if the guns and crank are gonna go through the Grand Senora Desert, they're going through Trevor Philips Industries, or they ain't going!

DCS

Banned
Now we've finished 'The Big One' and done the final A, B or C mission (C obviously) as well the the Trevor one that follows, we still haven't received the millions from our final Heist. Slept for a few days, changed through all of the characters and none of them have any missions left apart from one Lester assassination, which we were hoping to use to increase our earnings. How long does it take to payout?

Is there something wrong with my game and/or PS4? I can't get the game to install. I updated the game, loaded it up for the first time, then it started installing. I thought "ok fine, I'll go do something else." 15 minutes later, it's still at 0%. I exited the game and started again and it began at 1% and still hasn't moved in 15 minutes. It's a brand new disc I bought from Amazon...

Top Bottom