• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Did they have any more patches for this... like to get rid of auto-center in cars or anything like that?

I mean since that one big patch where they gave deadzone sliders and stuff?

Fjordson

Did they have any more patches for this... like to get rid of auto-center in cars or anything like that?

I mean since that one big patch where they gave deadzone sliders and stuff?
I'm not quite sure what auto-center is, but I don't believe there's been an additional patch after the initial one with all the new controls options. Or at least not another patch of that nature.

Fjordson

Keep thinking today is the day they give details about DLC.
I'm getting worried about some substantial story DLC. Maybe the new gen versions reset the timer for R* internally, but it's been like 17 months since V came out.

GTA IV DLC was less than a year after release (for Lost & Damned) and yet R* has said that they regret making people wait that long.

Audioboxer

Can anyone share their first person view settings since they patched in more controls to play with? (think deadzone and acceleration are new).

Recently picked up a PS4 copy and wanting to play through in first person after completing the PS3 version in 3rd.

Cheers

Can anyone share their first person view settings since they patched in more controls to play with? (think deadzone and acceleration are new).

Recently picked up a PS4 copy and wanting to play through in first person after completing the PS3 version in 3rd.

Cheers

Turn up acceleration to 100% and deadzone to 0%, instantly better and feels like a normal first person game.

Fjordson

Cheers
Basically what NightShift said.

And then tweak the sensitivity to what feels right for you. I personally like it on the lower end so I'm not twitching around too much when aiming in first-person, but that's just me.

Horns

I'm getting worried about some substantial story DLC. Maybe the new gen versions reset the timer for R* internally, but it's been like 17 months since V came out.

GTA IV DLC was less than a year after release (for Lost & Damned) and yet R* has said that they regret making people wait that long.

Exactly. I'm not that excited for the heists, in fact I want it out so we can get some details on singleplayer DLC. I would pay a hefty amount for any GTA V singleplayer DLC resembling TLaD, TBoGT or RDR Undead Nightmares. Those DLC packs were better than most full retail games.

Fjordson

I would pay a hefty amount for any GTA V singleplayer DLC resembling TLaD, TBoGT or RDR Undead Nightmares. Those DLC packs were better than most full retail games.
100% with you.

I'm hoping that the new gen versions selling well means R* doesn't see it as too late for a DLC pack or two this year.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So I just bought this on PSN. Does the game really have to be running the whole time while it downloads (or "installs")?

Fjordson

So I just bought this on PSN. Does the game really have to be running the whole time while it downloads (or "installs")?
I think so. That was so fucking annoying. And the download took forever. My PS4 actually gets decent download speeds usually, but for some reason the install you're talking about took me almost six hours.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think so. That was so fucking annoying. And the download took forever. My PS4 actually gets decent download speeds usually, but for some reason the install you're talking about took me almost six hours.

That's a pain. Guess I'll boot up the PS3 if I want to play anything in the meanwhile.

And I hardly get good speeds... I started the installation process two hours ago. 9% done.

Fjordson

That's a pain. Guess I'll boot up the PS3 if I want to play anything in the meanwhile.

And I hardly get good speeds... I started the installation process two hours ago. 9% done.
Yeah, it's really annoying. And it's a bummer how slow it goes.

Make sure to turn off your PS4 power saving stuff so you don't lose progress :lol I'm pretty sure that happened to me the first time I tried to download it. Came back to my PS4 after like two hours and my PS4 was just shut off and I had to restart the install.

Heists are coming March 10th for console players.

PC users get GTA V on April 14th, also. R* updated news site.

Hot dam.

Edit: System specs for PC up

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

More PC info & screenshots at the PC specs link

On Demand

Banned
Just started this up on PS4. Feels like i'm playing for the first time again. Heh. The graphics improvements and other new additions definitely help. Ahhh......can't wait to spend another 130 hours in Los Santos.

Question, is the money glitch recommended? Like will it corrupt a save or something? There's so many cars and planes i still haven't used yet.

6 hours? Wow. Mine took around 25 minutes i think. Maby less.

Quick

Banned
Just finished GTAV again on PS4. So damn good. I wish we'd get more single player content.

I'm actually itching for more GTA, and I'm tempted to get GTA IV, but the car mechanics on IV isn't as good as V.

On Demand

Banned
Any reason why my checklist has reset on the social club site? Is it because i'm playing the PS4 version? That would not make any sense though. I tried playing the PS3 version again thinking maby it needed to sync but that didn't work.

kenji

guys do you think this game is gonna have big expansion single player stories like GTA4 had?

I finished the game two months ago and I'm not interested in keeping it and wanted to trade with other games, but I was waiting if there will be new single player stories.. don't care for online mode

Just started this up on PS4. Feels like i'm playing for the first time again. Heh. The graphics improvements and other new additions definitely help. Ahhh......can't wait to spend another 130 hours in Los Santos.

Question, is the money glitch recommended? Like will it corrupt a save or something? There's so many cars and planes i still haven't used yet.
I couldn't agree more. When I first started it up again, all of it's magic and charm washed all over me all over again. It's a thing of beauty. And if you can still do the money glitch, I say go for it. You already experienced GTA as it was intended to, last gen. Time to go through it all again, except without having to worry about money. Buy all the properties early, buy everything you can early, and use it while you do everything else.
guys do you think this game is gonna have big expansion single player stories like GTA4 had?

I finished the game two months ago and I'm not interested in keeping it and wanted to trade with other games, but I was waiting if there will be new single player stories.. don't care for online mode
R* stated last year they plan on releasing large, paid DLC for the game. They didn't detail it out, but I can see some type of add ons coming for SP, whether it's DLC or stand alone.

GTA Online virgin. Just had my cherry popped. Really awesome experience.

I started the game and went through all the tutorial crap until you get to the point where you have to knock over the convenience store. I do the job and the cops are after me. I hide out in this backyard for awhile and I think I'm gold until one of them spots me. Two stars and only a pistol... I'm in trouble.

Out of nowhere, this random player comes flying over the hill in his Lamborghini. In a virtual land of murderers, this guy decides to help me out. He backs the car up to my hiding place and I hop in. He takes the cops on a high-speed chase all over Los Santos and drops me off at the chop shop.

I've MMOs before but this was some William Gibson shit. So dynamic and instantaneous.

I tried to capture the whole thing, but the fucking Share function crapped out.

GravyButt

So i tried online for the first time. Made my character did a little racing tutorial and then my internet crapped out. Came back a few hours later and now theres no more tutorials or anything on the map, its just blank. I can just sort of drive around and get into altercations with random folks. I restarted ps4 a few times but nope v My buddy was confused and said I should make a new character and retry because he said there were more tutorials.

So before I do that can some explain how online works? I literally know nothing about gta o and what you can do, how you do it ect.

Thanks!

Looks like fun! Love the sound of the casing hiting the ground...does the ps4 record video for u?
Yeah, you can set it to always record the last few minutes. I have mine set to the max: 15 minutes.

Something crazy happens? Hit share on the Dual Shock 4 and save the video. Then you can trim it and upload it to a flash drive or to services like YouTube.

I just finished the game, I've made almost everything and I didn't invest m any money on the stock. Is there any way to make lots of money?

Eklipsis

I know this is the new gen topic but does anyone still play on ps3? If so my psn Id is king_coopr If u wanna add me...

Regardless of the current server issues, everything will be up and Online will be running soon. When that does....are you rolling with a crew? Are you rolling with the right crew? What about the best crew, the Gaf Crew, Gaming Age Family!.

Come on over to the GTA:Online OT and talk about your online exploits. Talk to the other members, set up friendships, crew mates, partners in crime. Fairly active user base, but even if not, you can be in up to five crews, why not one of them be Gaf?!

I'm the crew leader for PS3/PS4 GTA:Online. If you are interested in joining our elite club, there are some steep entry requirements:

1. Be a NeoGaf Member
2. Have a R* Social Club account
3. Send me a PM with your Gaf name, Social Club name, and PSN name.
4. Receive the incoming beatdown of initiation (NOTE - beatdown is hypothetical, and in no way physical harm will befall you. Unless it's someone in your real life doing it, by some dumb luck. And in that case, you probably deserved it :p)

Bonus "points" for those who include their time zone as well. The points earned are entirely subjective, and up to you, but hey, who doesn't love getting free points? Join up, and enjoy some carnage with us. We do free aim and assisted aim lobbies, relaxed non violent and warzone lobbies, with or without mics.

Young people from all over the globe are joining up to fight for the future.

I'm doing my part! - BrotherShanko
xRSAU5U.png
I'm doing my part! - Waypoetic
I'm doing my part! - Torontoml
Ahahahaha, oh you!

They're doing their part. Are you? Join the Gaming Age Family Crew and save San Andreas. Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more???

Charles

I'm having a problem with single player, maybe someone here can help me.

Basically I can't switch characters and I can't do missions.

My last mission is 'minor turbulence' and when I load I get Trevor in his trailer. There are two icons on the map (a strangers and freaks with two people peeking into a van) and a Cletus mission. But when I go near them nothing happens. When I press the down button the character wheel doesn't come up and whoever I call on the phone gives me an answering machine. I can't go into the city because Trevor and Michael are "in exi!e".

I've tried contacting Rockstar support, but they haven't answered yet (it's been over a day now).
I really don't want to revert to an earlier save because unfortunately I've been going on autosave for a really long time (last actual save is after " friend request").

Anyone else had this problem?

Majanew

Banned
It looks like the frame-rate while driving has been fixed on PS4. I'm not noticing the normal frame drops anymore and I was trying to drive fast through the city areas. Anyone else notice?

Matush

It looks like the frame-rate while driving has been fixed on PS4. I'm not noticing the normal frame drops anymore and I was trying to drive fast through the city areas. Anyone else notice?
Yeah, it looks like they fixed it, also performance wise Online is a lot better I think.

Yup, definitely. But at the same time the online looks a little worse to my eyes. LoD and aliasing especially. I'd happily trade those things for performance, though, so I'm not complaining if that is indeed what's happened.

Yeah I noticed it almost immediately after the patch dropped. But as I said in that post, I wasn't sure if it was the usual post-patch placebo effect. Since it's still being reported nearly a week later, I think we can confirm it. :)
Too bad DF will never take another look at it to update their findings.

Hi, I just bought a copy on the 360 to play with my younger brother (I am usually on PS4) If there is anyone who wants to trade race wins to open the upgrades, my tag is the same as my Gaf name. I am respectful of people's time. Just let me know.

Thanks.

Hoodbury

Kind of a GTA newbie, but I was Trevor and went out shooting stuff in his trailers' yard and got a 1 star cop level on me for just doing that. So I figured his house was a Safehouse and I'd just go in there and wait out the cops. They come up to the house and are running around it. I'm looking out the windows at them running around figuring I'm in a safe house so they won't do anything.

Next thing I know one of them comes in the house and arrests me. I have to pay $5k and lose all my ammo. WTF???

I'm in the safehouse so I can't pull out a gun to fight him off. He just comes in and "BUSTED".

Is that normal? I thought safehouses were safehouses? Last GTA I played was Chinatown wars and I thought I remembered from that if you just drive to your safehouse the cops go away. Is it not like that on main GTA's?

Fjordson

Booted this up real quick just to test and it's definitely improved. Interesting.

Had some newer games distract me from this for the last few weeks, but I need to get back to my playthrough. Game is so good on PS4.

ctfg23

Kind of a GTA newbie, but I was Trevor and went out shooting stuff in his trailers' yard and got a 1 star cop level on me for just doing that. So I figured his house was a Safehouse and I'd just go in there and wait out the cops. They come up to the house and are running around it. I'm looking out the windows at them running around figuring I'm in a safe house so they won't do anything.

Next thing I know one of them comes in the house and arrests me. I have to pay $5k and lose all my ammo. WTF???

I'm in the safehouse so I can't pull out a gun to fight him off. He just comes in and "BUSTED".

Is that normal? I thought safehouses were safehouses? Last GTA I played was Chinatown wars and I thought I remembered from that if you just drive to your safehouse the cops go away. Is it not like that on main GTA's?

That's normal. I've had cops follow me into Michael and Franklin's houses as well.

Oaktree

Banned
So, I bout this game digitally when it first came out and just started to play the online portion of the game. I have 500K+ in my bank and I have no idea where it came from.

N° 2048

So, I bout this game digitally when it first came out and just started to play the online portion of the game. I have 500K+ in my bank and I have no idea where it came from.

There were a few bonuses given out for first time/existing online users. Enjoy it :)

Hoodbury

That's normal. I've had cops follow me into Michael and Franklin's houses as well.

Hmm, that seems weird to me. What's the point of a safe house if you aren't safe? And plus you can't fight back at all either. It's almost like they are the most unsafe places to be.

Top Bottom