• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Rbk_3

Wow I'm stupid. I'm going for 100 % and I was trying to get 8 knife fights. I went around for an hour stabbing people but I wasn't getting it. I then realized it was 8 knife flights lol

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
No way this is real.

Why wouldn't it be? WTF is a knife flight? I'd read it differently or assume it was a typo. (I say having never played GTAV.)

GlamFM

Banned
Wow I'm stupid. I'm going for 100 % and I was trying to get 8 knife fights. I went around for an hour stabbing people but I wasn't getting it. I then realized it was 8 knife flights lol

Same thing happened to me when I went for 100% on 360 ;)

Rbk_3

Is it just me or is the Ps4 framerate while city driving worse than ever? I'm driving around looking for random events as its the last thing I need for 100% and it's very bad

Why wouldn't it be? WTF is a knife flight? I'd read it differently or assume it was a typo. (I say having never played GTAV.)

GTA speak for flying a plane with the wings perpendicular to the ground. The term and instructions on how to do it to the game's satisfaction are introduced in the flight school challenges. There are 15 narrow gaps between buildings that the game wants you to fly through for 100% completion / trophy credit, similar to stunt jumps or flying under bridges.

So I got into GTA Online and got hooked in. Cannot get any local friends to jump in, would love to play with a gaffer or two. Do we have a crew for GAF on PS4?

PSN: i-JOE

(case sensitive)

EDIT: Found the crew and sent a request. Also PMed Baron Von Beans.

Fry

Jesus Christ, Rockstar told me to re-install the game.

I don't have the cd, I downloaded it. I would have to download it again, and that would take forever.

I'm really considering deleting this shit and never playing again.

Jesus Christ, Rockstar told me to re-install the game.

I don't have the cd, I downloaded it. I would have to download it again, and that would take forever.

I'm really considering deleting this shit and never playing again.

Ugh, I hate it when they give you those robotic, cookie-cutter responses.

Have you tried asking on the GTA V forums to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue?

Xanathus

I've got questions about the exclusive content for players of the PS3/360 version, is it possible to just give someone who has the older version by Rockstar Social Club ID & password and have them play through the prologue in order to access the content myself? Also, is it worth doing that for the content or are they negligible stuff? This question is coming up because of the PC version coming soon.

To get 100%, is it just finish the main story and strangers and freaks, or do you need to purchase all properties and stuff like that?

If you go to the Social Club website there's a 100% checklist. 100% in this doesn't really mean 100%, it means like ~60% of everything that would get you 100%... :)

Nvzman

Not really, Michael is the biggest piece of shit in the game, I'm sure he is written to be hated. He switches between narcissistic and self loathing so many times, and is just a hopeless fuck in general.

Trevor is funny but more psychopathic and murderous than I think any GTA character ever, did any other protagonist murder and abuse innocent NPCs as canon? I never really liked that.

Franklin is the most likeable character because he's humble and down to earth, in some ways it seems like he is supposed to be the 'main' character, so this perhaps makes sense.

But yeah, IMO you're shit out of luck if you want really likable main characters. The closest I've come to liking any main character in the franchise is Luis from BOTG.
I like Michael the most out of the three. He's basically the only one who doesn't murder unless he has to (making him a bit less of a psycho with no conscious), as well as just generally being the most interesting character imo.

But yeah, IMO you're shit out of luck if you want really likable main characters. The closest I've come to liking any main character in the franchise is Luis from BOTG.

I like all three characters. Especially Trevor. Characters don't have to be nice people for me to find them likable. Same goes for TV shows too - Walter White, Tony Soprano and King Joffrey are some of my favourite TV characters, despite the fact that they're all assholes.

Rbk_3

First time I've 100'd a GTA game :)

ScreenShot2015-01-12at110100AM.png

NeoRausch

hmmmm.....

is there any active official GAF Crew?
I don't feel like joining a random crew. But the GAF ones i can find seem to be pretty inactive.

Euro PS4 btw.

So, not sure if this is a known issue or not, but with PSN down yesterday for an hour or so, I couldn't log into Destiny, so I decided to play GTAV for the night. After I started the game, it immediately bumped me back to the very beginning of the game. As soon as I saw "North Yankton" on the screen, I quit the app, hoping it wouldn't save. I had heard someone here on GAF say that if you weren't connected to the internet, the game restarts from the beginning.

Question is, am I screwed? Did the game overwrite my previous save because of some BS online connectivity bug?

So, not sure if this is a known issue or not, but with PSN down yesterday for an hour or so, I couldn't log into Destiny, so I decided to play GTAV for the night. After I started the game, it immediately bumped me back to the very beginning of the game. As soon as I saw "North Yankton" on the screen, I quit the app, hoping it wouldn't save. I had heard someone here on GAF say that if you weren't connected to the internet, the game restarts from the beginning.

Question is, am I screwed? Did the game overwrite my previous save because of some BS online connectivity bug?

Strange. I played some SP last night while PSN was down and it loaded up my most recent save file.

Mine does that whenever I switch accounts too. You can just pause it and load your save, it shouldn't overwrite anything. Plus, you should really make sure you have multiple saves, just in case.

Mine does that whenever I switch accounts too. You can just pause it and load your save, it shouldn't overwrite anything. Plus, you should really make sure you have multiple saves, just in case.

Thanks for the tip. I loaded in just now after getting home and I'm back to where I last saved. Just spooked me thinking everything got deleted.

I made another save slot like you suggested.

So I finished up pretty much everything as far as missions go. Now to try and gold medal the shit and just enjoy the world.

I normally don't try and gold medal anything and I don't normally replay games either. This game is that good. I literally do not want to leave the world.

Anyone playing GTA Online? Does GAF have a crew?

Grinchy

Banned

I'm sure you've already tried everything, but are you on PS4 and do you have PS+?

I noticed the other day that I had a ton of old GTA5 saves in the cloud that I had to delete. Do you have an old save file you could go back to or something?

Fry

I'm sure you've already tried everything, but are you on PS4 and do you have PS+?

I noticed the other day that I had a ton of old GTA5 saves in the cloud that I had to delete. Do you have an old save file you could go back to or something?

No, and no. I'm on XOne.

Thanks for the help guys. But nothing could be done. I already deleted my save and I'll never play this fucking game again.

I might have to give up on the Solid Gold trophy. Was replaying a mission where my accuracy target was reached but it wouldn't stack afterward. So I skipped it, now I'm redoing a mission where I have to do minimal damage on the van, and I succeed (says so on the post-mission screen) but once again it doesn't stack and the checkmark is missing when looking at the mission menu afterward.

shermas

Same thing happened to me.. I freaked out. But when I paused the game, I had an option to load some of my old saves. I loaded one and everything was fine. I did have to connect to the Internet to load my old saves, though.

Good luck.

Synless

Someone help me. I have beaten this game before and I can't for the life of me figure this out. The FIB mission you need some masks and a car. I got the masks and I have a car, problem is the area to mark it never shows up on my phone. I have googled a ton of areas that supposedly worked and parked there and nothing works. What is the issue here?

Fox Mulder

Was running around shooting off and got a call from Trevor to stop shooting rockets at his house. I loled and noticed I had stumbled on his safe house in the city.

The little touches.

anddo0

Gamebreaking bug.

I can't use my phone anymore. Every time I pull it out, it closes on it's own. I can no longer toggle between offline/online. The function no longer works.

I should mention. The bug only becomes active after I complete "The Bus Assassination".
I've trued loading an old save file, but the bug always occurs after that mission.

I finished the game thankfully. The only thing it's preventing me from doing is completing the remaining Lester missions.

I've also encountered a bug where your motorcycle helmet is literally glued to your hand. The only way to get it off/get off the bike is by crashing.

Top Bottom